• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Louisiana man tazed to death for "saggin pants"

Video contradicts police claims about black man who died in jail cell after arrest for sagging pants

A newly released video – which contradicts police reports – shows a black Louisiana man lying facedown and unresponsive in a jail cell where he died after officers shocked him with a stun gun.

Sheriff’s deputies were called Nov. 26, 2013, to a Port Allen gas station, where 38-year-old Ervin Leon Edwards and his girlfriend were arguing, reported The Advocate.

The couple had calmed down by the time deputies arrived, but they questioned Edwards about his “sagging” pants – which are banned in the city – and then arrested him.

Police said Edwards was combative after he was placed in handcuffs and threatened to kill officers, and an officer threatened to use a stun gun to subdue him.

Edwards’ girlfriend begged officers not to use a stun gun, telling them Edwards suffered from high blood pressure, according to a wrongful death lawsuit filed last year by the man’s family.

Family members also said Edwards was partially deaf and mentally disabled.

Officers did not use the stun gun against Edwards at the gas station, but a Port Allen police officer eventually shocked him inside the West Baton Rouge Jail cell.

Officer Dustin McMullan, of Port Arthur police, said he used the stun gun for its full five-second cycle but re-holstered the weapon because it did not appear to have any effect on Edwards, the newspaper reported.

McMullan claimed in an incident report that he helped other officers use “empty hand control techniques” to remove the restraints from Edwards’ ankles and hands before leaving the cell.

The incident report also claims a deputy checked on Edwards after he was left alone in the cell and found him breathing and moving his arms.

However, the video directly contradicts the officer’s claims.

The grainy video footage does not clearly show how many times Edwards was shocked, but it shows McMullan kept the stun gun pressed against the inmate’s buttocks in “stun drive” mode for more than a minute.

Edwards stopped moving a short time later and never budged afterward, and the video shows officers left him alone in the cell for about 10 minutes without examining him.

Officers occasionally peeked through a window in the cell door but did not render any medical assistance to Edwards as he lay unconscious on the floor – which law enforcement experts said violated corrections standards.

An internal review of the incident found no criminal wrongdoing, but the West Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office has turned over its findings to the U.S. Department of Justice for examination.

Edwards’ cause of death was classified as “undetermined” and officially a result of “acute cocaine and phencyclidine (PCP) intoxication in association with restraint by law enforcement,” according to the autopsy report.

Law enforcement experts said Edwards – who was described in the autopsy report as morbidly obese – likely died as a result of “excited delirium,” a controversial diagnosis to describe in-custody deaths involving drug intoxication, struggles with police, and the suspect’s health.

“The drugs didn’t kill him,” said his mother, Viney Edwards. “The police killed him.”
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/vid...-in-jail-cell-after-arrest-for-sagging-pants/

Yeah, sure : they arrested a guy for no reason (come on, arresting a guy and taking him inot custody for "sagging pants" ?! If saggin pants are illegal, give the guy a fine, you don't need to take him into custody, he's not doing any harm), they tazed him for more than minute despite the fact that they've ben warn that tazing him could kill him, they leave him unconscious in a cell, he dies but they are not responsible for his death...

SabrinaDeep

Official Checked Star Member
Shameful. However it's curious how you forget to mention or point out that there are four brothas involved. Would they have all been white, i'm sure you would have added the word racism somewhere in the post. If the victim would have been white you wouldn't have made the post at all.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Shameful. However it's curious how you forget to mention or point out that there are four brothas involved. Would they have all been white, i'm sure you would have added the word racism somewhere in the post. If the victim would have been white you wouldn't have made the post at all.

4 brothers huh? I missed that. And where was the girlfriend begging cops not to use the stun gun in the original article in The Advocate? An argument at a gas station turns into an arrest for baggy pants, hmmm... something is missing.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Johan needs to worry about his own fucked up country.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member

You are slowly but surely crossing over from being strongly standing by your view of the world to being pretty despicable making this post.

Yeah, I am sure Johan would be really glad about a caucasian man finding death at the hands of US police officers. Because a death weighs up another, right?

Note to the ignorant: That was sarcasm. Sadly, people tend to not get this in these kinds of threads.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
If the victim would have been white you wouldn't have made the post at all.

Agreed. The victim would have no value unless he can be enlisted in his crusade of finger-wagging. His tone is more negative than sympathetic so I'm not sure he even cares about the saggy-pants fella either. False outrage can be a convenient thing to hide behind.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
It is kinda funny to watch them tryin run with them things on...I mean come on, you can't make that shit up, All you have to do is turn on cops. Hell even some of them little white boys trip over there own drawers.

Ace Boobtoucher

I've never resorted to tasing anyone wearing saggy trousers because if they try to run they almost automatically get tripped up anyway. It's fun to watch.

Johan needs to worry about his own fucked up country.

Deepcover

Closed Account
The government should do something about this cause it's despicable and shameful and stories like this keep on growing seldom solving anything. America is suffering from a lot of guilt...a lot of guilt i'll tell ya...America is in dire need for a peace serum

they questioned Edwards about his “sagging” pants – which are banned in the city – and then arrested him.

How can a city ban sagging pants and why?

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
they questioned Edwards about his “sagging” pants – which are banned in the city – and then arrested him.

How can a city ban sagging pants and why?

Have you seen how these kids "wear" their pants? It's indecent exposure at the least. I don't get the incentive to do it in the first place....looks stupid, uncomfortable and just plain obnoxious and disrespectful toward others and, frankly, I think that's the point. Do you really want to see this as you walk down the street with your family?

sagging-pants-2.jpg

Ace Boobtoucher

Actually, in most states it's only indecent exposure if genitals are exposed. Public indecency would probably be the statute they enforce when dealing with saggy pants.

Deepcover

Closed Account
Have you seen how these kids "wear" their pants? It's indecent exposure at the least. I don't get the incentive to do it in the first place....looks stupid, uncomfortable and just plain obnoxious and disrespectful toward others and, frankly, I think that's the point. Do you really want to see this as you walk down the street with your family?

sagging-pants-2.jpg

It's been said the reason being is it is part of the ghetto culture or glorifying jail life...Although I don't recall watching TV clips of inmates sagging their pants in a jump suit with smiley expressions on their face while serving time...If anything i'm sure those guys regret just being in prison period...So of course ppl who criticize the sagging pants fashion wouldn't understand this since it comes from the ghetto...It is even more confusing since the fashion is also tied in to rap/hip hop culture...Although in today's mainstream rap music videos you don't really see the pants sagging fashion as before since the music culture has changed...What gets to me is when you got a music artist who never even came from the ghetto portraying the ghetto life and for the wrong reasons...Personally I don't think that's right because that leads to a lot of rumours and stereotypes but nonetheless they do it to tell a story just for the sake of telling a story that will hopeful attract a mainstream audience and of course puts income in their and the record companies they work for money in their pockets...Nowadays (well where i'm from) you don't really see a lot of black kids wearing saggy pants...most of the pants they wear is really tight so who knows ppl might criticize on that in the future and accuse their fashion as being somewhat gay. Now this is jmo but what it comes down to it is no matter how well or unwell black ppl dress they will always be criticize regardless...I could shave my head totally bald, groom myself to look more presentable and attractive, wear a nice business suit, put on a nice bright red tie that reflects power and confidence, date an attractive woman, speak proper English and still be accuse of being white.

It has also been said that whites is the majority of purchasers who buy rap/hip hop albums today.

I agree is looks stupid, I'm just surprised a city can say anything unless it's considered indecent exposure. The way girls dress these days, it's a fine line.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Chicago, Atlanta, Miami, and a few other cities have this. Wildwood will fine you $25. $400 plus community service for repeaters. This is only on the boardwalk, not in town. Shirts are also required after 8PM.

I thought that saggy panties had something to do with poor black thugs not having enough money to buy more than one piece of panties to fit them as they grow. Are they trying to say now that the bigger panties are so much more expensive that poor black ganstas cannot afford anymore money for bigger sized panties to cover all the way up to their big black asses? So instead they are now buying children's clothing? Maybe Africa is so hot that they need extra venting to prevent their sweaty balls overheating?
:yoda:

sagging-pants-2.jpg

Poor black people, dude doesn't have even shirt... Maybe if they spend smarter and less glamorous artful panties, might leave enough to have shirt too...

sagging-pants-2.jpg
It's just ridiculous. But it doesn't harm anyone so there's no need for lawmakers to waste time on such a non-issue.