• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

long forgotten tv shows

I thought perhaps a thread about some of those long gone tv shows that we all watched when we were kids.....or the ones we didn't really give a toss about.!.
Or actually trying to remember what some of them were all about anyway..

Here's some I vaguely remember...

Micro Man ( might not be the correct title, but it rings a bell
), it was an 80's show (U.S.) about some sort of computer-man who could 'disappear into computers/phone lines etc.(toasters?!)
I seem to remember he had a human sidekick ,who would travel with him in his car..which incidently could do instant 90 degree turns ( a bit like the bikes in Tron)..

The next one was called 'The Beachcombers'(U.S.) ...I reckon something to do with beaches and er combing of the aformentioned beaches..
Apart from that I can't seem to remember much else...

The next one was set in california(mainly on the beach front from what I can remember).All I can recall was the fact that one of the guys in the show had a green van which had a distinctive sound to it( no..I can't remember what sound...!)Another guy also starred in Cagney and Lacey ( Big guy , muscles , blonde hair).Oh ,it had a quite catchy theme tune( nope, can't think of it now...but I remember that I liked it)

Can anyone put me straight on any of these..???????

Just founda good site to look up series and stuff http://www.tvtome.com/
Found stuff on the beachcombers... other two ??
couldn't find micro-man...must be something else.....??

Last edited:
Today's Special

One of the dumbest old shows had to be "Night Rider," the one with that stupid talking car. I remember they briefly lampooned it on The Simpsons with "Night Boat," - I think I would've prefered the the talking boat!

Pretty much any Aaron Spielling production deserves to be in the "TV Hall of Shame," but I'd say "Cop Rock" had to a TV low, even for him. The show was before my time, but I've heard about it, and I've seen it on lists as one the the worst TV programmes ever. As I understand it was a weekly TV police show with the added twist of being a musical. Yes, musical!
:D

I used to like the Lost in Space series..

Danger Will Robinson! Danger! Stay away from that mincing, boy-hungry pervert Dr. Smith!

tunsty, that last show you mentioned sounds kinda like Surf-side Six, though it was a long time ago.

An older show I'd like to see again is The Critic. That shit was funny, but it could never compete with The Simpsons, nothing yet has.

Knight rider was a really stupid one,agree with u.

parker said:
One of the dumbest old shows had to be "Night Rider," the one with that stupid talking car. I remember they briefly lampooned it on The Simpsons with "Night Boat," - I think I would've prefered the the talking boat!

Pretty much any Aaron Spielling production deserves to be in the "TV Hall of Shame," but I'd say "Cop Rock" had to a TV low, even for him. The show was before my time, but I've heard about it, and I've seen it on lists as one the the worst TV programmes ever. As I understand it was a weekly TV police show with the added twist of being a musical. Yes, musical!
:D

I

I love women

The A-Team! I just loved that show and watched it all the time when I was little!

Family Feud in Australia, i love that strike out sound "beeboww" :D

jod0565

Member, you member...
Anyone remember "Skag" ...Streets Of San Francisco take off.
Karl Malden.

I miss the show called Stingray. Its about this guy called Ray who travels around in his corvette helping people. Instead of taking money, his customers are bound to do him a favor in return when he needs them. Was a pretty cool show with a cool character.

I loved every single episode of "The Fall Guy". The headhunter who was stuntman, remember? I always wanted to be like Howie...;)
OK, I admit: one of the main reasons for watching it was Heather Thomas :rolleyes:

:hatsoff: Jackson

Land of the lost, sleestacks would still scare me today. Sigmond & the sea monsters. Lidsville (or something like that). Sid & Marty Kroft had to be on great drugs to create some of the shit they put out.

Actually "Cop Rock" believe it or not was done by Steven Bochco, the same guy thats done NYPD BLue, and Hill Street Blues! Must have been smokin something wicked when he came up with that concept!