• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Leonard Nimoy retires from acting

“Countless times, I thought it was done,” he admits on the phone from Los Angeles.

But this time, says the 79-year-old actor-director-photographer, there are no more possibilities. Spock, his pointy-eared alter-ego, will live long and prosper. But it will be without Nimoy.

“I want to get off the stage. Also, I don’t think it would be fair to Zachary Quinto,” he says, referring to the actor who portrayed a youthful Spock in last summer’s smash Star Trek relaunch. “He’s a terrific actor, he looks the part, and it’s time to give him some space. And I’m very flattered the character will continue.”

In other words, don’t expect to see Nimoy in the next Trek sequel, scheduled for 2012. And don’t expect to see him anywhere else, either. Having just shot what will be his final appearance as enigmatic genius Dr. William Bell in TV’s Fringe, he says he’s retiring from acting altogether.

“I’ve been doing this professionally for 60 years,” he says with a laugh. “I love the idea of going out on a positive note. I’ve had a great, great time.”

more:
http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/tv/2010/04/19/13639516.html

*Leonard Nimoy - I can't edit the thread title.

jod0565

Member, you member...
Re: Leonard Nmoy retires from acting

Enjoy your time away from the big screen!

Oh you have already...

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
:weeping:

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Let's all celebrate his career. Here is perhaps the pinnacle:

God, with him retired, who is going to sing this at the end of The Hobbit?

...Assuming it comes out, actually...

Having just shot what will be his final appearance as enigmatic genius Dr. William Bell in TV’s Fringe, he says he’s retiring from acting altogether.

Hmmm. I wonder what's going to happen in the season finale of Fringe?? :mad:

Fuck I wish I didn't read this.