• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Legalizing Marijuana 2012

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
I just received my overseas ballot from Oregon and was quite surprised to find Measure 80, which for all intent and purpose legalizes marijuana and hemp in Oregon. I was surprised in that during my summer back in Oregon I heard nothing about it, while I heard plenty about Washington's Measure 502. And it looks like Colorado is joining in as well:
By the time the 21st Amendment ended national alcohol prohibition in December 1933, more than a dozen states had already opted out. Maryland never passed its own version of the Volstead Act, while New York repealed its alcohol prohibition law in 1923. Eleven other states eliminated their statutes by referendum in November 1932.

We could see the beginning of a similar rebellion against marijuana prohibition this year as voters in three states—Washington, Colorado, and Oregon—decide whether to legalize the drug's production and sale for recreational use. If any of these ballot initiatives pass, it might be the most consequential election result this fall, forcing both major parties to confront an unjust, irrational policy that Americans increasingly oppose.
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/jacob-sullum-states-opting-out-pot-prohibition

Could be mighty interesting!

I hope it becomes a national law, a federal law would fix a lot of problems in this country.

And free a shit-ton of prison inmates that would be better suited to work in silicon valley!