• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Legacies of Shows & Movies

There are movies and shows that revolutionized the industry or otherwise left their mark in unforgettable ways. Any that stand out for you?

A great example is CSI Miami's cold open of Caruso putting on his glasses and dropping a pun, followed by the "YEAH!":

There are movies and shows that revolutionized the industry or otherwise left their mark in unforgettable ways. Any that stand out for you?

A great example is CSI Miami's cold open of Caruso putting on his glasses and dropping a pun, followed by the "YEAH!":
The "cold open" intro goes way back to 50s TV. A few of the better-known ones include Richard Boone's open in Have Gun...Will Travel, Hugh Beaumont's vocal introduction of the upcoming episode in the early seasons of Leave It To Beaver, and the most famous one being the Cheers joke openings before each show, unrelated to the upcoming episode. But if you're talking about unique qualities that are memorable, I remember as a kid watching Jim Hutton on the Ellery Queen TV rendition of the old radio show. The shtick was at the end of every mystery, he'd address the TV audience and give them until the end of the commercials to guess the identity of the felon, or how he figured out the mystery. I'd provide an example, but all YouTube has are full episodes.

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
I don't think there's even been a show that has done the cold open better than Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

This is arguably the greatest video in YouTube history.