• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

June 6, 1944

Wow it has been 69 years. I think I will watch "Saving Private Ryan" again tonight.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
The greatest seaborne invasion in history. Thanks to all who who risked everything and a special debt of gratitude to those who sacrificed their lives in order to liberate Europe.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
A lot of good men died on that day, so that we might enjoy the freedoms that we do.

wow...if a solder was 18 on that day, then they'd be 87 right now. Hard to believe that WW2 vets are getting that old now.

I once talked to a guy who stormed the beach that day. He was telling me that he waded ashore, saw his bunkmate take a shot, took about 15 minutes in total to get from the boat to bottom of the cliff...and then he said he had a cigarette. As this old guy (probably in his late 70s) was telling this story), all I could think was "this guy is the most bad ass mother fucker I've ever met."

I mean, dude wades ashore while being shot at by German soldiers on a cliff above him, with no cover, runs through it all, and then stops for a smoke? Fuckin A, that dude kicks ass.

Yup, I'm due for another Band of Brothers marathon.

My thoughts exactly, except I just watched it for the umpteenth time last week. I gotta get a DVD of the movie Saving Private Ryan.

Sorry, I posted the wrong video.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Yup, I'm due for another Band of Brothers marathon.

On a side note, and sorry for the change of subject, but the series, "The Pacific", from the same camp, was so almost as good, it deserves a mention.

Woo-Hoo..... just got back from Showtime Video and snagged the only copy of Shaving Ryan's Privates off the shelf. Not sure whether to watch it now, or this evening. I first saw it when it was in the theaters.

Quite an invasion, and quite a collaboration between nations to make it happen. Let's hope that spirit of working together continues.

Quite an invasion, and quite a collaboration between nations to make it happen. Let's hope that spirit of working together continues.

I think we and the Brits will always have each other's six. As well as the Aussies. As far as those people who live over there in the sandboxes, I doubt they will ever be able to be trusted.

I say we drop around 5,000 MOAB's over there and call it a day.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
I think of it every June 6th.
At this point in my life i think it was a waste of life.
not just the sending thousands of boys into a wall of steel meat grinder to face death and maiming but the whole damn war.
What did Hitler and his party want? ( please dont respond to kill jews)
Why did England a USA feel it was their job to stop them?
What were the end results from 45 to the present?

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
How about we honour them by fighting for what they fought for and kicking the corruption out of our countries and out of our governments.
Making a better life possible for all.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I think of it every June 6th.
At this point in my life i think it was a waste of life.
not just the sending thousands of boys into a wall of steel meat grinder to face death and maiming but the whole damn war.
What did Hitler and his party want? ( please dont respond to kill jews)
Why did England a USA feel it was their job to stop them?
What were the end results from 45 to the present?

It was impossible to ignore after the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor and Hitler declared war. Why did the Allies feel it was their job to stop them? Because they weren't going to stop otherwise.