• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Jewish Chinese Food

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I took the wife out for Chinese Food the other night. It was a new place that just opened. Not the type of Chinese Food I was used to. No Egg Rolls, Hot & Sour Soup, or BBQ Ribs. They did have some Kung Pao Chicken which was good. Lots of ginger in the food all around. Anyway, we go downstairs to get some ice cream. Weird owner/operator guy behind the counter who never smiles. He was grumpy but polite in his own way. He sounded like he was from New Yawk. I was making conversation while he was making our stuff. Told him about the Chinese place. He said he couldn't eat anything there except a few items. He mentioned, "It's not 'Jewish Chinese Food' ". I'd never heard that term before but thought about it. I think he meant "Jewish Chinese Food" as regular Chinese Food cooked for the masses in America. I don't know. Anybody ever heard the term "Jewish Chinese Food". Do people back east say that or was it just our gruff ice cream man? He didn't say it in an offensive way but was just describing it the best way he could.

I dunno, but when I order chinese I stick to general tso's chicken or chicken chow mein with plain white rice. I tried to ask for non-pork fried rice and it was just too much of a hassle.

I try to eat kosher hence the jar of pickled chickens feet.

I dunno, but when I order chinese I stick to general tso's chicken or chicken chow mein with plain white rice. I tried to ask for non-pork fried rice and it was just too much of a hassle.

I try to eat kosher hence the jar of pickled chickens feet.

I have a Jewish tenant. He's a serious beef & broccoli guy. I mentioned to him I heard if you're looking for a good Chinese restaurant and don't see a Chinaman around find a Jew and ask him. He agreed. I actually referred him to what is now his favorite Chinese place. They serve the lunch menu with the lower prices until 5.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
No, it is a real thing.
But the answer is slightly complicated.
So.. Chinese and Jewish immigrants came to the country, long ago. But generally at the same time.
Both hated, both tried to stay as undercover/out-of-the-way as possible, but providing a service to the local angry white people.
Jewish food is a bastardized, bland version of German/Spanish/English/Egyptian tongues. Which is, to say.. that it has no real identity.
Chinese food is a bastardized, bland version of Chinese/Japanese/Korean/English/Jewish tongues. Which is, to say.. that throwing sugar and fat at anything is not a real identity.

We both came up in the world, over time. And Israel and China are two feared countries, by the nationalist white assholes.
We supported each other, in the same way we supported the black movement ~ in the same way we are purported to support immigration over white supremacy nationalism, in our countries.
That is a true thing. Why trust your white neighbor? (Chinese and Jews are NOT white.) When you can invite new neighbors in, and force the nationalists to adjust.
Chinese is, statistically.. the Jewish national favorite food.

So when you hear, 'Jewish Chinese food', you should think of Chinese that is exceptionally tasteful to a Jewish tongue ~ one that explodes in a controlled way ~ not to be confused with overly layered food like Indian or Italian. Our stomachs cannot take Tomato acidity or earthy flavors en masse.

Three cultures in a 'Merican melting pot ~ you hear the KKK complaining about who? Chinese, blacks and Jews. Cross any of those 3 over and you'll find the influence of spicy/sugary/fatty.

Good thorough answer there, Torre. I think I prefer the standard Jewish Chinese Food better than the Chinaman Chinese Food too. Too much ginger in the other stuff.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I try. As far as odd North American lore goes, I am more fond of the Mexican music question.
"Why do Mexicans listen to that carnival crap?"
Because religious missionaries from Hungary. They brought their accordions and 'polka' stylings, and that is why Mexican music sounds so.. Germanic-polka-hell.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Jewish Chinese food, right? Well, on Christmas Day, Chinese restaurants are well open. Jews don't celebrate Christmas so take-out does well happen. Been there, done that.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
There's all types of Chinese food out there, and I'll prolly eat it all. I prefer authentic, but I also find myself craving American Chinese as well. You know the dumb shit they give everyone, sweet and sour chicken, orange chicken, all that nonsense. It's like Taco Bell, it sure aint Mexican, but its still good in its own way.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Related, as an avid mahjong player (and I mean the real version, not that tile matching shit), there is a strong player base in the Jewish community funny enough.

There's all types of Chinese food out there, and I'll prolly eat it all. I prefer authentic, but I also find myself craving American Chinese as well. You know the dumb shit they give everyone, sweet and sour chicken, orange chicken, all that nonsense. It's like Taco Bell, it sure aint Mexican, but its still good in its own way.
I got into an argument over this the other day when I poasted the article below on Fecesbook. I'm like "Dude, Taco Bell ain't Mexican food mangs" WTF :dunno:

Taco Bell voted America's best Mexican restaurant
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/taco-bell-voted-best-mexican-restaurant_n_5b9bbc7de4b04d32ebf7c1e7

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
I got into an argument over this the other day when I poasted the article below on Fecesbook. I'm like "Dude, Taco Bell ain't Mexican food mangs" WTF :dunno:

Taco Bell voted America's best Mexican restaurant
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/taco-bell-voted-best-mexican-restaurant_n_5b9bbc7de4b04d32ebf7c1e7

I mean, what else are they going to categorize it as? For this, its Mexican. But in reality, it's not. Its Mexican inspired, sure. It's still good in that weird sorta way. Nachos sound good.