• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Is this cop a hero or is he crazy ?

The [murder] suspect is running towards him, he's not complying to order he's given, he has his hand in his pocket and refuses to take if out of it. Maybe he's got a gun or a knife in that pocket, who knows. Still that cop refused to use deadly force. And in the end he got the supsect arrested.
Some would say he did what was right, he's a hero and we need more cops like this guy.
Some would say he took way to many risks, he got lucky but cops should never act like this.
What do you say ?

Jesse Kidder, Police Officer, Takes Down Murder Suspect Without Firing A Shot

A rookie officer in Ohio was caught on video refusing to shoot the suspect wanted in two murders -- even as the distraught man repeatedly charges him and demands to be shot.

In a scene captured by his body camera on Thursday, New Richmond police officer Jesse Kidder is shown aiming his weapon at 27-year-old Michael Wilcox, who allegedly killed both his girlfriend and best friend in separate locations.

Several times, Wilcox rushes at Kidder. Each time, Kidder runs backward while keeping his handgun aimed at the suspect, urging him to surrender.

"Shoot me!" Wilcox cries out. "Shoot me."

"No man," Kidder replies. "I'm not gonna do it."

At one point, Kidder appears to fall to the ground but remains in control of the situation, ordering the suspect to back up. Eventually, Wilcox surrenders.

"Law enforcement officers all across the nation deal with split-second decisions that mean life or death," Kidder later told WLWT-TV, the NBC station in Cincinnati. "I wanted to be absolutely sure before I used deadly force."

Kidder said he kept his eyes on the hand the suspect had in his pocket because he had been told by dispatch that the man may have a gun and attempt "suicide by cop." That's when a suspect deliberately attempts to get shot and killed by police.

"Officer Kidder's life was placed in immediate danger and I am proud to say he used great restraint at the risk of his own safety," police chief Randy Harvey said in a statement on the department's Facebook page.

Harvey told WLWT that the video shows Kidder would have been justified in shooting the suspect, but that he used "great restraint and maturity" instead.

Kidder has been with the department for nearly a year, and previously earned a Purple Heart during his two tours of duty in Iraq with the Marines.

Wilcox has been charged with murder for allegedly killing Courtney Fowler, 25, and Zach Gilkison, 27. He claims he was high on "everything" and that his music told him to kill, according to court records cited by WLWT.

Wilcox is being held in Brown County Jail on $2 million bail.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/19/jesse-kidder-police-officer_n_7097618.html

SabrinaDeep

Official Checked Star Member
A crazy hero. Crazy because in Europe he would have waited for backup before taking action. Would we need more like him? Yes. Can we expect to have more like him? Maybe. We are humans and we all react differently in danger situations: a different movement from the suspect, a bee flying around the officer head, a thunder, a blow of wind, officers' wife caught in bed with his brother earlier in the morning could all have just changed the outcome. It's always easier to be a bad guy than a good police officer.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
That's a hard one to call. Dealing with a murderer who is also suicidal is a frightening situation especially when you can't see what his hand could be gripping in his pocket. The result was positive. I don't know if I'd recommend this as a habit for a long career though. The most important thing to him should be to make it home back in one piece to his family. He did that night and that's good.

Being a police officer is a very difficult and many times thankless job. I have no idea why anyone would want to do the job these days. What will police morale be like and what will the quality of new recruits be in 20 years? What type of society will they be serving and protecting as well?

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Sounds like a guy whose hands don't shake very easily. This fellow ain't no Barney Fife, that's for sure. :thumbsup:

Kidder has been with the department for nearly a year, and previously earned a Purple Heart during his two tours of duty in Iraq with the Marines.

The Marine Corps should be proud.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
Cast him in the remake of "Lethal Weapon" in the Martin Riggs role.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Neither. He's fucking stupid. He should have put 2 rounds center mass, and if that didn't stop him, 1 in the head. The man has proven he's capable of killing, he's charging an armed officer, and could possible be holding a knife or gun. If he would have killed the cop, and went on to harm other people, I would bet my last dollar, their families would be suing for wrongful death.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
The [murder] suspect is running towards him, he's not complying to order he's given, he has his hand in his pocket and refuses to take if out of it. Maybe he's got a gun or a knife in that pocket, who knows. Still that cop refused to use deadly force. And in the end he got the supsect arrested.

That's how the police should act.

They are civil servants only there to serve and protect.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
If the suspect had ANYTHING in his hands or had assaulted the officer then I would say perforate him as many times as necessary until he stopped being a threat. I'd say the copper did the right thing but then again I wish another cop on scene had run over the perp with a squad car and saved the people of that community the price of a trial.

I wish another cop on scene had run over the perp with a squad car and saved the people of that community the price of a trial.
Seems like you don't like the 5th Amendment to the US Constitution very much...

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Neither. He's fucking stupid. He should have put 2 rounds center mass, and if that didn't stop him, 1 in the head. The man has proven he's capable of killing, he's charging an armed officer, and could possible be holding a knife or gun. If he would have killed the cop, and went on to harm other people, I would bet my last dollar, their families would be suing for wrongful death.

My God! He didn't kill the officer and, eventually, followed his instructions to submit. And still you wish him dead? See....I just don't see any difference between that attitude and that of the cold-blooded killer. The officer showed incredible restraint and regard for human life not to blow the guy away....commendable to say the least. I would imagine his experience in Iraq and being able to decide when to shoot and when not to shoot prevented unneeded bloodshed when other options were ultimately made available. Had he shot the guy it would have definitely been justified. The fact that he didn't shows what type of character he possesses.

I simply don't understand the quest for blood lust just because of the circumstances (which would definitely warrant deadly force from officer) when he had the balls to size up the situation for what it was. The officer is unquestionably a hero. We need more cops with his intestinal fortitude instead of the trigger-happy ones who have made headlines in recent months.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
My God! He didn't kill the officer and, eventually, followed his instructions to submit. And still you wish him dead? See....I just don't see any difference between that attitude and that of the cold-blooded killer. The officer showed incredible restraint and regard for human life not to blow the guy away....commendable to say the least. I would imagine his experience in Iraq and being able to decide when to shoot and when not to shoot prevented unneeded bloodshed when other options were ultimately made available. Had he shot the guy it would have definitely been justified. The fact that he didn't shows what type of character he possesses.

I simply don't understand the quest for blood lust just because of the circumstances (which would definitely warrant deadly force from officer) when he had the balls to size up the situation for what it was. The officer is unquestionably a hero. We need more cops with his intestinal fortitude instead of the trigger-happy ones who have made headlines in recent months.

I don't wish him dead. That's not the case at all. The point is, he charged at a policeman, with his hand in a pocket, and is a KNOWN murderer. He took a big chance that he might not have gotten to go home and see his family that night. He not only took a chance with his life, but the lives of others. Had he been killed, who knows if this guy would continue on a killing spree. I agree, there have been a lot of stupid moves lately, this guy in S. Carolina, is definitely due a murder charge, and the old guy that meant to tase the guy and shot him, that's at least manslaughter, and neither were warranted, but this one would have been. Thankfully he didn't get hurt, but he took an awful chance.

Deepcover

Closed Account
Watched the footage on Sunday. One guy (forgot his name but he was on CNN) who works in LE mentioned the officer shouldn't have retreated since it puts him more in a dangerous situation. Thankfully the situation ended and no one got hurt.