• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Is the "Significant Other's" Family Half the Battle?

They carry a ton of baggage sometimes, don't they? How do you deal with your significant other's family? Do you love them, or hate them?

S

sputnikgirl

They already hate me, and they've never met me. Probably because they want my boyfriend to move back to the east coast, and he doesn't want to. When we get married, they won't come to the wedding unless we have it near their homes on the east coast. My boyfriend's second wife was from the Midwest, so they equate everyone with her, even though she's a hick on welfare who cheated on my boyfriend with her own cousin.

I love Becks' family and she loves mine. It actually works out quite well for us.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
they don't bother me, and her sister is sexy! :thumbsup:

I usually get on well with the mothers; not always so well with the fathers :D

They already hate me, and they've never met me. Probably because they want my boyfriend to move back to the east coast, and he doesn't want to. When we get married, they won't come to the wedding unless we have it near their homes on the east coast. My boyfriend's second wife was from the Midwest, so they equate everyone with her, even though she's a hick on welfare who cheated on my boyfriend with her own cousin.

Damn! I've had to deal with a few sets of remarkably superficial parents, but never any that judged someone based simply on their zip code. Holy shit! :rolleyes:

let's get some in law jokes going.

A man who hated his mother-in-law got three wishes from a genie.
Genie: "Whatever you wish for, your mother-in-law gets DOUBLE."
First wish: "I would like one billion dollars."
Genie: "Ok but mom get's two billion."
Second wish: "I would like an island off the coast of Greece."
Genie: "OK but mom get's two islands."
Third wish: " I would like you to beat me half to death."

My girlfriend is black(I'm white). So I feel a little uncomfortable sometimes when I'm around her family. Not that I mind being the only white guy in the room. Its just that some of her family members, like her father and her brothers, don't seem to enthusiastic about getting to know me. Her mother and Grandmother are cool with me though.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
I had a pretty hard time around the inlaws my first year moving here. My family isn't close and open like they are and I like my space. So I had to establish some boundaries before things got better between us. There was and to some extent still is some cultural differences that made things difficult. Like expecting me to arrive here fluent in the gawd awful cat hacking up a furball language. ;-)

Now I like them better than my own family, especially since the SIL is preggers and the expectations are off of me. :1orglaugh

[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/petra said:
Petra[/URL][/B], post: 2280514, member: 114093"] Like expecting me to arrive here fluent in the gawd awful cat hacking up a furball language. ;-)

:rofl:

It seems like the recurring theme here is somewhat Meet the Fockers in nature. :dunno: I can't say this surprises me, but I think it's ironic (and sad) that the family of a persons loved one can be so negative about a person their child loves.

And of course, your children will recieve unconditional love from them, regardless. :rolleyes:

My girls dad is cool with me, as is her mom and siblings, but they have began to pry a bit. If I had a child with her at this moment I would expect that sort of stuff, but we aren't hitched. They also expect me to be over there at their house more than I feel is necessary. Ah, I have enough problems with my own family. :crash: