• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Is it wrong to feel sorry for Alex Acosta?

(Not looking to post in another thread which is one post away from being locked)

So is it bad to feel sorry for him? The 2008 case was suspect in whether they could get a conviction, esp with uncooperative/reluctant witnesses (one literally fled to Australia), not to mention making the victims go through the process. I don't think any reasonable person thinks Acosta "covered" for Epstein or thought he was innocent. He got him a criminal record, got compensation for the victims, all without the risk of an innocent/mistrial verdict.

It's only now that with more witnesses/victims coming forward with "new evidence" that the previous deal looks bad. If this was available back then, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have made that deal. It feels wrong to "hindsight-lawyer" the situation.

Part of me thinks he was looking to get out of the whitehouse unscathed and this was his ticket.

He's the one who offered Epstein a deal that allowed him not to rot in jail for the rest of his life, enabling him to rape more girls. 13 monthes behind bars instead of life in jail, are you kidding me ?!
And the fact that Epstein's victims never knew about that deal was illegal.

So yes, it's wrong to be sorry for that asshole

He's the one who offered Epstein a deal that allowed him not to rot in jail for the rest of his life
Right, but given the situation he was given at the time (witness unwilling to testify, etc), it's at the very least questionable if a guilty verdict could have been reached. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there anyone saying that the case was a slam dunk conviction?

I'm not arguing the deal Epstein got was waaaaay too lenient (13 months for what he did is a fucking joke). But the realistic alternative is that he could have walked away with NO sentence, NO criminal record and NO compensation for the victims. Given the rules of double jeopardy, that was quite a risk.

Right, but given the situation he was given at the time (witness unwilling to testify, etc), it's at the very least questionable if a guilty verdict could have been reached. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there anyone saying that the case was a slam dunk conviction?

I'm not arguing the deal Epstein got was waaaaay too lenient (13 months for what he did is a fucking joke). But the realistic alternative is that he could have walked away with NO sentence, NO criminal record and NO compensation for the victims. Given the rules of double jeopardy, that was quite a risk.
A 18 monthes sentence, in a facility that allowed him to be outside 6 days/week for raping and trafficking underage girls ?! Are ypu kiddin' me ?! Even considering it was part of a plea deal, this was an outrageously short sentence.

I agree the alternative was risky given that small sentence he got, it's a risk Acosta should have taken. 13 monthes, that's not much better than nothing. But I guess Acosta was more focused on having even the smallest sentence possible, 'cause having Epstein sentenced would look goodf on hs resumé.

Actually I think that, in cases of crimes commited on other people (thefts, murders, rapes, etc.), the victims should be able to veto a plea deal if a majority of them agrees to.

For fuck sake, Acosta is responsible for one of the most outrageous fumble in US judicial History. Epstein is a billionaire version of Marc Dutroux.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman

Straight Outta Fox News Talking Points.