• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Is A Person Who Resists Getting Tattoos In 2014 The Rebel Now?

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I'm working on a unique look not putting a bunch of blue smears and blotches all over my arms allowing people to see my evil White skin. Hope I don't become an outcast.

I congratulate you if tattoo is a fashion thing where you live and you do not have any.

Then you are in a way a rebel.

I'm the same. By not having any tattoos, piercings or even a beard (the latter seem to be the in thing at the moment) I pretty much have my own look :p

Red XXX

Official Checked Star Member
I think I'm one of only a handful of women in the UK without a tattoo or piecings .... I've had the argument with many 'Alt' websites!

I wouldn't say anyone without tattoos is a rebel, more like the new alternative.

I think I'm one of only a handful of women in the UK without a tattoo or piecings .... I've had the argument with many 'Alt' websites!
Part of a dying breed in the UK and World Red, which is a bit of a shame. There aren't too many of you around now. :(

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I have no tattoos, but I don´t think I´m a rebel.

People with tattoos today remind me of the long-hairs back in the 60s and early 70s. They were non-conformists to the point of conforming. Welcome to the machine.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I thought hipsters were the new rebels. Beards are one thing, but combining it with a v-neck shirt and a scarf?

I got all fired up getting some ink done a couple of years ago, but couldn't settle on the artist. So now I see all these people with tattoos, but most of them are BS, conventional stuff, or random words like "Memories" or "Love". I rarely see something interesting on people, like lately I saw a guy who had some Led Zeppelin lyrics on (from the song Thank You), which are world class lyrics you know. My friend's got this sign she created when we were just kids, and she decided to get a tattoo of it, which is really cool because it came to define her as a person later in life.

I wanted to get a design of something that I found out was directly linked to my ancestors. But I don't think that a tattoo would really honor my family/origins, so I just abandoned the whole idea.

I don't think I'm a rebel because of this. I just do my own thing, keep fit (think the ladies take notice even if I don't have any ink) and do crazy shit with my hair from time to time. But I do it for myself really.

Ari Dee

Official Checked Star Member
Oh pfft, tattoos are still completely stared at and stigmatized in several areas.

Hell, I'm pretty sure I've even seen posts on this board before about how having tattoos means a woman is a slut, etc etc.
People still complain about it in the job market, people still stare at inked people like circus side shows in plenty of places.

I mean living in L.A. nobody gives a shit, but when I lived in the midwest/ middle America or the south, people fucking STARED or tried to touch them.
It's not a passing trend. It's just slowly become more socially accepted.

Vanilla Bear

Bears For Life
or tried to touch them.
I would want to touch you even if you didn't have any tattoos. :dunno: Yeah, I'm a creep...

I don't have any tattoos either. But I'm thinking about getting some for many years now already. I wanna get sleeves, but I think I don't have big enough arms for it to look good. And for some reason they don't get bigger. :suspicious:

And I don't really know what I want on my arm actually. You know you want it to be unique and you have to like it for the rest of your life...

I wanted a tattoo for years. The only people I knew that had them were incredibly cool, deep, talented and interesting people, usually with very cool interests and amazing tastes in music and movies that weren't mainstream and that I otherwise wouldn't have heard of, who liked to holiday off the beaten track and ate all manner of interesting foods I'd never heard of. Each was a completely unique person that had hardly anything in common with anyone else in "my circle" and they all had really interesting tattoos which told a particular story and had meaning behind them. If I go back five years, one of my subordinates had a lot of tattoos, and he was one of the coolest guys I had ever met. And he still is. I told him I had long considered a tattoo and he recommended his friend to me that did all of his. I've agonized for years over design and relevance of each element, and I'm nearly at the point where I'd know what I'd want and where.

Unfortunately, in the present, the terrible little suburb that I originate from (and thankfully have escaped, back to the glamour of the big city) is overran by tattoos. Every fucker has one now. People I've known for years have got sloppily drawn rubbish on them of their football team's crest or Spiderman or a flower on their calf or a scorpion just above the crack of their ass. Nothing looks cool, nothing looks unique, and the cool stories about what they represent have been replaced by "it's just cool looking, ay it." Moreover, the people that have them watch Britain's Got Talent or X-Factor over their Dominos delivery, holiday in Tenerife, listen to One Direction. They're not unique, special or interesting people, and they've all gotten themselves tattooed.

It might just be my experience of 20-35 year old Britons in shitty West Midlands suburbs, but I pine for the days that tattoos seemed to be the preserve of the genuinely cool people, and I nearly reconsidered getting mine done because I didn't want other people lumping me in with that other crowd. But then, I realized that would be losing sight of why I wanted mine done in the first place - to BE individual, and to make my own statement with what MY ink means to ME. To decide against getting it because of the actions of other people would make me no less lame than all the people jumping on it because tattoos are "in" and "mainstream" and not because they've got anything powerful or significant that they want on their body for the rest of their lives. It's for me to choose to have or not, regardless of what anyone else does, says or thinks.

Last edited:
Well I for one have no tattoos and no plans to get them. I am seriously starting to like tattoos on others as well. Alot of beautiful women out there who are seriously diminished in my opinion because of the overuse of tattoos. What can I say something about unmarked skin that just works for me. I am not saying they should not have tattoos or piercings just not a fan.

Are we rebels no just know what we want.

Philbert

Banned
I wanna see someone do a tat that looks like Pris in Bladerunner...