• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Iran angered over films

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Iran angered over films The Wrestler and 300.

An adviser to Iran's president on Sunday demanded an apology from a team of visiting Hollywood actors and movie industry officials, including Annette Bening, saying films such as "300" and "The Wrestler" were "insulting" to Iranians.

Without an apology, members of Iran's film industry should refuse to meet with representatives from the nine-member team, said Javad Shamaqdari, the art and cinema adviser to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

"In my viewpoint, it is a failure to have an official meeting with one who is insulting," Shamaqdari told The Associated Press.

The film "300," portrays the battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C., in which a force of 300 Spartans held off a massive Persian army at a mountain pass in Greece for three days. It angered many Iranians for the way Persians are depicted as decadent, sexually flamboyant and evil in contrast to the noble Greeks.

Article

I don't see what the problem is.

The movie 300 was a comic book. No one said anything then, they shouldn't say anything now.

Spleen

Banned?
Well what a big fucking SURPRISE. What will they be pissed off with next week, TUNA FISH?!

Fuck 'em.

The movie 300 has been a point of alot of arguement (majority of which is pointless) since it was released. From the lack of historical accuracy to the simple excess flamboyance of many of the characters. Underlying racism and american propoganda in the subtext. The director himself said the movie wasnt entirely accurate and in many ways he embelished to make the story shorter and enjoyable.

What next though, germany copping an attitude for the movies about the holocaust? Iran have left it a little late now to be pissed off about it, isnt 300 close to two years old now?

IIRC the Iran people made a Petition to stop the opening of the movie.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Wrong...there were some complaints about the comic book and the film when the movie came out.

Okay, then. When you say something like this you have to provide a link.

;) :tongue:

All I can find is articles about the movie and nothing on 300's Wikipedia page
says anything about controversy over the comic book.

Man, the last i saw those link was over 2 years ago, I'd do some searching but it might take a while. And the Petition, Was invade by the board 8 gamefaq members, i think.... I'm not really sure....

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Movie or no movie, the Persians were sucky warriors.

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
Iran gets mad over anything.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
Iranians also criticized "The Wrestler" starring Mickey Rourke as a rundown professional wrestler who is preparing for a rematch with his old nemesis, "The Ayatollah." During a fight scene, "The Ayatollah" tries to choke Rourke with an Iranian flag before Rourke pulls the flagpole away, breaks it and throws it into the cheering crowd.

Fuck people who do this. Seriously. Quit your hypocritical bitching and shut the fuck up already.

Hey, remember in the WWF, when the Iron Shiek was a wrestler?

35431085f334c1d8ded53363ee58bcdd044b25f.jpg

Why didn't you bitch about him? I mean, he was a complete stereotype of Iranians and was made out to be an animal. Oooooh, wait, that's right...he was the WWF Heavyweight Champion, so you didn't care because he had a belt.

Fucking idiots.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Released by the bureau of the obvious this week, whofuckingcares by the ohmygawdareyoufuckingkiddingme?! is the next section of files to be released to the public by the freedom of information act.

In these files we examine the politics of Iran. Iran so far away, I couldnt get away. For some reason I have seagulls.. perhaps a flock of them.. in my mind. Strange. Anyway.

Iran angered over...

Life, the universe and everything. :dunno:

Is there anything they don't get angry about? :1orglaugh

In any case I find it hard to believe that anybody, even most Iranians would somehow associate ancient Persians with modern day people in Iran considering their cultures and religion are completely different. It would be like Mexicans getting mad at the portrayal of the Aztec people in a movie. I bet a huge portion of the people that watched the movie couldn't even point out where Persia was in the ancient world without looking it up. (Sadly I bet a lot of them couldn't point out Iran either.) If somehow people like the Persians of antiquity did exist in modern day Iran they would probably have been killed, thrown in prison, or pushed to the fringes of society for being infidels by now. Yet they would complain how we portrayed them in a admittedly exaggerated and fictionalized version of a real story that’s only purpose was entertainment.

well no one cares about comic books and wrestling, which was why they weren't upset about those things, only the movie versions of them.

I think the 300 movie was totally accurate. Iranians are deformed monsters and Greeks are all homosexuals. which part did they get wrong?

Ah, the your picking on me arguement! I think we should respond with, I'm rubber your glue!

What's next, the country of Iran suing Hollywood? Let me guess, the U.N. would preside.

DUMBASSES.