• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Internet access is a human right

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
human rights. hmph.

one of the things i always laugh at this the whole "driving is a privilege not a right" thing.

yep, i agree. but again, it cannot be made enforceable /

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
human rights. hmph.

one of the things i always laugh at this the whole "driving is a privilege not a right" thing.

Internet access is a human right

They are both rights. (Driving and the Internet) :hatsoff:

Arab Spring? I just want a NY spring. We went from Winter to Summer.

Jon S.

Banned
To me a basic human right is something that every human being NEEDS. Things such as freedom from oppression, food, shelter, healthcare for example are basic human rights to me. As much as one is at a marked disadvantage in the 21st century if they do not have Internet access...the fact remains that one does not actually NEED internet access. So no, I can not say that I find Internet access to be a human right, basic or otherwise.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
I don't think at this moment, in 2011, that it's a right. Especially in the US when checks are still a viable payment option, people still make large cash transactions, and still go in banks to do their banking.

Once everything goes to internet banking and most transactions are done via the internet, then it becomes a right because you can't live a normal life without it.

I believe there's been talk here in the NL about making basic internet a right since EVERYTHING is done online these days.

I dont think human rights come into it. For example the human right to freedom of speech or whatever, this is where someone maybe stopping you rhuman rights. Whereas it is not like someone will be denied internet acess

Agree. I feel violated and completely incapacitated and dull when i don't have access.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
I would be royally fucked without the internet. As Petra alluded to, I am one of those who pays almost all of my bills online. Were I to lose my internet, there are a couple I would struggle big time to make - I receive no paper bills, so even contacting those other companies would be difficult. And I do a huge amount of shopping on line, excepting some groceries. Hell, without the internet, I would be wandering the streets alone with no direction and no pants.

I think I see things differently. I agree that it should be a human right to not have somebody prevent you from accessing the internet if you have a computer and the ability to pay for service...I don't believe any individual or group has the right to deny you access if those conditions are met. But it's absurd to think that all people should be given access to the internet at the cost of others and I have no doubt that this language from the UN will inevitable be used to promote such an idea.

I think we need to stop thinking about what the local, national or international governing bodies deem "human rights" and start embracing the idea that we shouldn't allow anybody to restrict our freedom in any way so long as we cause no harm to somebody else and/or their property.

Having said that, isn't it about time that the UN goes bye-bye? They can make up whatever laws they want regarding Syria or wherever, but they will never be enforced. The UN is nothing more than a global self-esteem exorcise.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
If people would just figure out we are born unto ourselves and not a state we would be much better off.

Strange...I'm not seeing anything in the Constitution about this.

:cool:

You know better than this. :nono:

Healthcare/ Obamacare is not a right.
Taking from the haves and giving to the have nots is not right. It is theft.