• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Indians fans upset with LeBron over hat

the fact is that james walked into cleveland's playoff game against the yankees wearing their logo. thats disrespect to the fans who pay his salary. he should have been booed out of the stadium.

and he also says he liked jordan's bulls, the old cowboys and the yankees. sounds like nothing more than a front runner to me. he isnt a fan.

He can like any team he wants to but I think I read last night that he admitted to being a front runner. My brother's like that, he says he's a Yankees fan but he doesn't watch any games all season. Half the time he doesn't even know whats going on with the team. He only likes a team when they win the championship.

Facetious

Moderated
It's business.

I don't follow sports too much lately . . . (busy / other obligations)

It sure "looks like" Trade Me Please ?

McRocket

Banned
the fact is that james walked into cleveland's playoff game against the yankees wearing their logo. thats disrespect to the fans who pay his salary. he should have been booed out of the stadium.

and he also says he liked jordan's bulls, the old cowboys and the yankees. sounds like nothing more than a front runner to me. he isnt a fan.

He's paid to play basketball, not route for Cleveland's baseball team. If he likes the Yankees, that is his business - not yours.

And if he is doing this all for show? Then why do you care anyway? He owes you 100% on the basketball court. He owes you nothing else.

Either way, he wins and Cleveland fans look foolish.

I thought it was sort of funny. It's not a big deal, although I can see how Cleveland fans wouldn't be thrilled by it. :1orglaugh

Definite front runner. Yankees, Cowboys and Im sure he was a Bulls fan, etc etc. No different than alot of people I guess. You can root for whoever you'd like. It was rather foolish to sport the Yankees cap @ Cleveland, however.

He's paid to play basketball, not route for Cleveland's baseball team. If he likes the Yankees, that is his business - not yours.

And if he is doing this all for show? Then why do you care anyway? He owes you 100% on the basketball court. He owes you nothing else.

is it foolish to want your star player to support the city and its teams?

x2:thumbsup:

It could have been worse. He could have been a Cowboys fan going to a Philadelphia home game in Cowboys gear. He might not have survived that. :1orglaugh

I think he should be able to do what he wants, but I feel what he did was slightly poor taste. He shouldn't have to support all the teams that share the city with his, after all, players change teams and cities all the time. Are they going to change their favorites every time? It's enough just to change their favorite in the sport they are playing in. At the same time, he shouldn't have flaunted the fact that he was rooting for the team the hometowners were playing against.

As far as being a front-runner, that is kind of low IMO. If he is indeed a front-runner, that shows he's not a real fan of the Yankees or baseball.

I'm gonna have to say that was a bad decision.
On a broader note, how the hell does a kid born and raised in what, Akron? become an Evil Empire (Yankee) fan?
It wouldn't be such a big deal to me if it wasn't him, because for all intents and purposes, he saved the basketball market in Cleveland. Just seemed to me he would automatically have grown up an Indians fan. Oh well.

BNF

Ex-SuperMod
the fact is that james walked into cleveland's playoff game against the yankees wearing their logo. thats disrespect to the fans who pay his salary.

I just know a bit about all of this and those involved, but that ^ seems right on.

I thought he was also a "local boy". He's in a local stadium watching the local team, surrounded by....

It just seems childish and most of all stupid to me to wear that hat given the circumstances.

--

Wrong, imo. Few name brand professional athletes are paid just to play the game. This guy is Cleveland basket - I mean even most Italian basket fans know him and the team.

Last edited:
I just know a bit about all of this and those involved, but that ^ seems right on.

I thought he was also a "local boy". He's in a local stadium watching the local team, surrounded by....

It just seems childish and most of all stupid to me to wear that hat given the circumstances.

he is a local boy. raised in akron. just outside of cleveland. :hatsoff:

truly tasteless on his part. :2 cents:

Facetious

Moderated
IIRC - He wants to be a Knickerbocker . . . You know, notoriety - NYC !

He was a bit p'od that his teammates couldn't produce better #s last year.

I'm a Clevelander.....so maybe I can shed a little light on why everybody's pissed at Lebron. Yes, he has the right to like any team he wants, but he should do so privately (most of us all agree on that). But it's like this: How would he feel if the Indians showed up at the Cavs' playoff games wearing Pistons shirts and caps? He would no doubt be angry that the team isn't supporting him.

The point is people aren't angry with LeBron because of his liking of the Yankees and the Cowboys, but because even though he's from the Akron/Cleveland area, he doesn't seem to care or realize how badly these people want a championship. Their star basketball player who's team just got swept at the NBA Finals shows up at a very important game, which could potentially get us closer to a championship, rooting against the home team is not something the people of Cleveland want to see, especially when he knows what it feels like to lose a chance for the championship. But maybe I'm kind of wrong.....the teams he did support like the Yankees, Cowboys, and Bulls are all champions, so maybe he doesn't know what it feels like. Still however, he should simply have the decency to say, "Yes, I like the Yankees, but I support our Indians and all other Cleveland teams 100% and hope they do well." When you start saying that you want our town's rivals to win, it's like a slap in the face to everyone who came to your games wanted you to win.

Anyways, when the basketball season rolls around and Lebron gets us into the playoffs again, us Cleveland fans will completely forget this incident and start riding LeBron's coat tails again and treating him like royalty. That's the way things work in this town.

Reactions: BNF
So what everyone is saying is that LeBron should just be a big phony and support the Indians just because he grew up in Akron and plays basketball?

I think that people are making to big of a deal out of this.I live in the Chicago area and it made me want to fuckin' puke when I saw the mayor wearing a Cubs hat even though he is a supposed die-hard Sox fan,and supposedly hates the Cubs and the Tribune organization.My point is that while our mayor felt like he had to show support to the hometown team(possibly to not look bad to the IOC whom he is trying to woo to get the Olympics to come to Chicago),he should have just kept his fuckin' mouth shut and not look like a big ass phony.

Now if LeBron is truly a Yankees fan and living in Cleveland,then he should just have been a little more discrete about it instead of flaunting it,but on the other hand at least he is keepin' it real and not just jumping on the bandwagon.But then again,maybe he's on the Yankees bandwagon.Either way,he probably should have just worn a Cavs hat and called it a day.