• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

In need of some good thoughts and prayers please!

Maggie Green

Official Checked Star Member
I haven't ever really discussed this on here but my mom isn't well.

Last January, she had a massive heart attack. It happened out of the blue. The doctors performed a quad bypass and she coded on the table, twice. They came out and said to expect that she wouldn't survive the surgery and to call the family. I was in Vegas at the time shooting and I had to take three separate flights to get home, there was bad weather and flights kept getting cancelled. I didn't know if I would see her alive. But she pulled through and when I went back to see her, her chest was still open (covered by blue cellophane looking stuff but I could see in there) and she was on life support. I told her to be strong and to fight. The doctors didn't expect her to survive the night but low and behold, she did. They were shocked! The heart attack had damaged the left side of her heart so badly that it could no longer function on it's own so she got an LVAD....yes, the same thing from Grey's Anatomy where they cut Denny's wires : )

Long story short, my mom was given a 9% chance of survival. She also suffered a stroke when she coded. She beat all of those odds and somehow was barely affected by the stroke, a tad bit of vision loss and a little short term memory loss but that's it. She has been living with her LVAD for over a year...basically it's pump that does the work for her heart since it can't beat on it's own. It's portable life support. It has a controller and a battery pack and she wears the batteries in a fanny pack type thing. She can't drive and can't be left alone for long periods of time so it's been a lot of work for my family and big adjustments have had to be made.

She needs a heart transplant. She has passed all of the tests, even at 66 the rest of her is healthy enough. She has been in and out of the hospital and had 5 major surgeries on the past 13 months.

She got a call from the doctors today and they wanted her to be admitted for some tests, something isn't looking right. I'm so worried that she needs another open heart surgery and if so, this will delay the possibility of the heart transplant even further. Plus, there's only so much open heart surgery that one can take. She should be getting tests done tomorrow and then we will know what the next step is.

On top of all of this, I am dealing with major family drama. It's been a really rough start to 2013.

If you could spare some positive vibes, prayers and whatever else you do for my family and I, that would mean quite a bit to me. XOXOXO

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
She's not far from Cleveland. Is there any chance she can get this done at the Cleveland Clinic? #4 in the world or heart treatments. They get people from all over the world, including kings and such, they're that good. I hope she does well, I know it's not easy.

I wish there were something encouraging or eloquent I could say to make you feel some sort of relief, but I'm afraid I don't know what to say. I hope the best for you and your family.

Mayhem

Banned
Yeah, I could use some good vibes meself. My Mom is in her 80s, and has had medical problems for the last few years. Now her mind is going. We don't know if it's Alzheimers or just her memory going naturally (one of her sisters had Alzheimers before she passed). But it's becoming harder and harder for my Dad, who is 7 years older, to deal with.

At this point, I don't even know if it's a cure that we're hoping for. She's so frail that things are just breaking on her. And my parents have lived the life they wanted....to the point that it's been completely impossible to buy gifts for them, because they literally have everything that they want. Neither of them deserve to have their last years be a torment for them.

So, best of luck to your Mother, Maggie. And I could use some in return.

The nightmare of a parent going through a serious health issue well before their time is something all too familiar for me. I'm not traditionally religious, but occasionally I speak to or pray to someone or something that I can't define, and I'll definitely say a few words for you and your mom tonight Maggie.

I know what it is like to have heart problems , not as bad as your mothers but problems just the same , my most heartfelt prayers go out to your mother and hope everything turns out for the best .

Maggie Green

Official Checked Star Member
She's not far from Cleveland. Is there any chance she can get this done at the Cleveland Clinic? #4 in the world or heart treatments. They get people from all over the world, including kings and such, they're that good. I hope she does well, I know it's not easy.

Luckily she's at U of M which is a fabulous hospital. Also well known for their cardio center. I'm so grateful that she lives close to a place like that and doesn't have to drive hours to get somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

The nightmare of a parent going through a serious health issue well before their time is something all too familiar for me. I'm not traditionally religious, but occasionally I speak to or pray to someone or something that I can't define, and I'll definitely say a few words for you and your mom tonight Maggie.

You got it!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone, it means a lot : )

My thoughts go to you and your whole family Maggie. Your Mum sounds like the strong type so I hope she will be ok. If I could give you a hug I would.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Wow Maggie. Your Mom is one tough lady. So are you. You come from good stock for sure.

To suffer a major infarction like that and even survive is a minor miracle all on its own but to suffer a stroke in addition and brush that off as well....that is incredible! I'm not religious so for me to say that I will pray for your Mom would be hypocritical but I do believe in the power of positive thinking and that by sending positive energy toward someone it can only result in a beneficial outcome. Therefore, I will do that and I hope that she will get her new heart and make a full recovery. I wish for strength and stoicism on your behalf as well as being a serious support mechanism for you Mom. I don't know you but just by reading your post I can sense tremendous strength in you. I hope you have others who are close to you that are providing support as well.

Best of luck to you and your mother, Maggie. I am sending positive thoughts your way.

bahodeme

Closed Account
Thoughts & Prayers on the way!