• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

If a guy doesn't watch & follow sports, does that make him less masculine?

Actually, I cant remeber the senetors name, but back in the 50's a senetor, and I'm paraphrasing " Modern sports and the idolitry we put on these supposed pro athletes is no different then Roman gladiatorial combatants. The Roman politicians used the gladiators in way to quel the masses and keep them distracted from that fact that the Roman senators were robbing them blind. Modern sports has become its self a modern gladiatorial sport and is being used to dull the masses from what is really going on in society". Now this is heavy paraphrasing but you get the point. Actually I think guys wo stick there noses up at sports and pay attention to thier neighbors, thier children and hier homes are more of a man then some childish boy who has to gather around a tv and watch some guy get paid way too much money to move a fricken ball around a rectangular or diamond space. Great go out throw a ball teach your son or daughter how to shoot a basket ball throw a frisbee or some sch, but fuck these atheletes. "OOOHH the ref's were on strike and there replacement ref's made a huge bad call on monday noght". Guess what you simpletons, Chine is getting ready to invade Japanese held islands. If that happens by the treaty of WW2 with Japan, America has to drop in ground troops. Have you heard anything about this? That is fucking scary not some stupid meaningless call ona stupid meaningless game. Or hay, lets celibrate the fact that some parent rasis thier child right to get straight A's and be a good citizen, no lets teach or children to shove another kid down and dance in thier face.

BBBBBBAAAAA-H-H-H-H-H-H!

grrrrr sports, beer and eating red meat make you more of a man!!

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
I don't really know any guys who don't follow professional or college sports to some degree. I'm sure they exist, I just haven't met them. But I don't think participating in or watching sports makes you any more/less of a man.

Side note: drinking Smirnoff Ice or Mike's Hard Lemonade immediately forfeits your man card. Forever.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
I think it's more of a competition thing. Either you enjoy it or you don't. Some that enjoy it take it to different degrees. I like to bet. That is my motivation and entertainment. I also know horse owners that have no interest in wagering but will put up money for stakes purses. Competition is not restricted to sports. BBQ championships are highly competitive yet no sport is involved. Doesn't make any of these men less masculine. Shit, I wish that I lived in a place that I could bet on BBQ.

bahodeme

Closed Account
There are some who would prefer to play than to sit and watch a sport. I have no problem playing a game of baseball or softball, but I don't watch it.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
You should follow some sports. I include wrestling in that catagory.

You should follow America's Pastime, Baseball.

Baseball, Bowling, Fishing, Wrestling...

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Kind of funny... but at a company I used to work for, there was this little effeminate fellow who was married, but he seemed like he was ready to pop out of the closet at any second. He was an absolute sports nut! He'd never played an organized team sport in his life, but he knew player and team stats in depth and watched NFL and college football religiously. Then there was me: 6'3", lifted weights since I was about 14, played sports since I was in elementary school and had a scholarship offer (before I blew my knee out). But I could not tell you the first thing about any stick & ball sport post-1992 or so, even if you held a gun to my head. I used to follow all sports up through college, but then I completely lost interest. I do follow racing. I follow that religiously (to the point of being annoying... or so I'm told). But anyway, you had this little gay looking fellow, who really knew his shit when it came to sports, and then you had the guy who looked like a retired linebacker, who didn't even know that the NFL had given Tennessee a pro team. :D

If you actually play/played sports, then that *might* make you seem more masculine... :dunno: But if you just watch & follow sports, all that means is that you have the ability to sit on a couch or in a recliner with a bowl of popcorn or chips balanced on your gut... while you watch others do what they do.

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
It sucks to watch games on television, all the annoying commercials, commentary which are just repetitive crap lines over and over again. "Did you see that!" Yeah, I saw it, I'm watching... If you watched something sports related back in 1978 you never need to listen to another sports commentator ever again. So I hardly ever watch the games on TV anymore.

Going to the game with friends is good though. I'd love to go to the inaugural Grand Prix in Texas, but those tickets went for premium prices right off the bat and that's depressing.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Why is that? o_O

Because Ash dislikes sports and hates sports talk. That's why it's so much fun to bring up those topics in her chat room.

Yes, I'm a dickhead.

"...to sit on a couch or in a recliner with a bowl of popcorn or chips balanced on your gut... while you watch..."

God bless you. There are plenty of men out there for you. You are a prized commodity. Forget the sex, we could make wings.

Bob, she said not following sports makes you attractive. So she probably finds the popcorn balancing revolting.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
No, but it makes you more attractive. lol

"...to sit on a couch or in a recliner with a bowl of popcorn or chips balanced on your gut... while you watch..."

God bless you. There are plenty of men out there for you. You are a prized commodity. Forget the sex, we could make wings.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Jedi mind trick:

You don't see this post.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
I used to watch basketball when I was little (I followed the Chicago Bulls religiously when Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen were together), and I follow the Olympics nowadays, but I lost my interest in sports a long time ago. My brothers and dad are always talking about fantasy teams, drafts, first and second round picks, averages, etc., and I never know what the hell they're talking about. I'd like to think I haven't lost most (or any) of my masculinity because I make up for it in other ways, just not being a sports nut.

Actualy, wo never watch sports is more masculine than a guy watching male figure skating and/or Rhythmic gymnastics

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
I don't watch sports (but I do enjoy playing them.)
I'll ask my wife if this makes me less masculine.
I don't really know any guys who don't follow professional or college sports to some degree. I'm sure they exist, I just haven't met them. But I don't think participating in or watching sports makes you any more/less of a man.

Side note: drinking Smirnoff Ice or Mike's Hard Lemonade immediately forfeits your man card. Forever.
Side note: I love Smirnoff Ice.
(And taking massive black cocks up my shitter)