• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

I want to dabble into Country Music

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Are you into Country Music? I have a couple classics, Johnny Cash, some Bob Dylan and Rolling Stones Country adventures...

But thought, hey, my buddies @ FreeOnes may be able to give me some advice about Country albums I should listen to.

Of course, if you have a YouTube playlist in that genre, that would be great, too.

So, let the music play 🎸🎻

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I'm not a huge fan of country, but I do like the classics, like Hank Williams Sr., and Johnny Cash. I think that would be a good place to start, as it's usually a man, and his guitar, and a song. As far as country guitar players, I find Roy Clark, and Glen Campbell to be amazing musicians. It's something watching either one of them shred on a 12 string. I wish you a nice pleasant musical journey, and maybe one day we'll all get to say we knew you.

Mr. Daystar

I might record some country song myself for you, my friends
Ya' know if this country music thing works out, Fender just released an Buck Owens signature Telecaster. A very gaudy metal flake red white and blue proposition, with gold hardware. It's honestly one of the fugliest things I've ever seen, but it goes well with that whole early 70's era of Conway Twitty, Hee Haw show mentality. The newer, bluesier, poppier performers use Strats, but the old timers, if they made the jump from acoustic to electric, by getting a twangy Telecaster. You're gonna be relying on that bridge pick up a lot. I have no clue how you would get the neck pick up. Those "lipstick" pick ups are weird to me. Oh, and reverb. A lot of the early guys, or thier band members used a Fender Twin Reverb. Another thing that might help is searching for "Guitar Player" magazine articles on Yahoo. They have a lot of interviews and stories with, or about a lot of different genres of player, you're bound to find tech stuff to help you dial in your tone.

Mr. Daystar

I think a lot of guys dabble in country music because of all hot girls in the honky tonk
There are hot girls wherever some dude is playing a guitar, whether they be wearing cowboy boots and daisy dukes, or tight spandex and leather.
E3oF4FQWEAEl4rI.jpg