• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

I Want To Be A Liberal

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
I've never read her stuff before but some of it made me think. All too often my own views that I've cultivated on my own without listening to pundits have become suspect. I have never been indoctrinated in any way (other than Marine Corps bootcamp) to a specific set of ideals. I've become more conservative than most of my family and woe betide anyone who thinks differently than they. My oldest brother hasn't spoken to me in more than a year because I haven't embraced the "change" we are experiencing.

I found this bit while poking around fark and I thought it made a good point.

By Nancy Morgan

I want to be a liberal, because then everyone will like me. My family will start talking to me again, and chances are, my ex-husband will want to renew the marriage vows he broke when I started spouting conservative opinions.

I'd like to be a liberal because its ever so much easier to allow others to form my opinions for me instead of researching an issue myself. That always gets me in trouble, especially when the facts I discover diverge from the latest politically correct consensus.

I'd like to be a liberal because then I'd be rewarded for all my shortcomings and nothing would ever be my fault. I'd be an important cog in the wheel of social justice, and a cherished warrior in the current fight for equality.

If I were a liberal, I would be free to have sex whenever and with whomever I want - and be considered 'empowered' to boot. I could abort any inconvenience with nary a thought because my rights to my body trump the life I would have suctioned out of me.

I'd like to be a liberal because any guilt I would normally feel for what used to be considered deviant, irresponsible behavior may be assuaged by merely advocating the expenditure of other people's money on whatever the cause du jour is. Very cool. Especially since my stock portfolio has been pretty much decimated.

I want to be a liberal because they care so much. They have a lock on all the fashionable emotions, like tolerance, diversity, equality and patriotism. And as long as my intentions are pure and I 'care', I won't have to accept responsibility for any negative consequences that my actions might cause.

I'd like to be a liberal because everyone knows that conservatives are racist, homophobic, stupid and, well, beneath contempt. Conservatives are motivated by gasp, profit, instead of being nice. Enough said.

I'd like to be a liberal because I'd be able to redefine reality to my own specifications. I could turn failure into success, murder into choice, lies into 'misstatements', and theft into investment. I would automatically be considered wise, instead of opinionated. Best of all, I could make up the rules as I go along, change them in midstream and then demonize anyone who doesn't agree with me.

I want to be a liberal because everyone knows they hold the moral high ground. They don't lie, cheat or steal. Oh, and they don't condone torture. The media says so, so it must be true.

Before I am able to join this community of man, however, there are a few ground rules:

I have to acknowledge that government is the best and only solution for any problems America has. Despite the fact that pretty much every government solution to date has been a disaster.

I must agree that America is bad and white Christian males are responsible for all that is wrong with the world. Further, I must agree that terrorists and third world dictators are either freedom fighters or misunderstood men of good will. Oh, and I must acknowledge that dialogue is better than war. Even though decades of dialogue haven't worked, things are different, now that Obama is president. I must have faith. After all, the times, they are a changin'.

I'd, of course, be expected to not only condone, but happily embrace gay marriage and the long list of newly minted sexual behaviors, and swear to never mention the adverse health risks or the proven harm they do to traditional families.

I'd also have to quit judging people (except for conservatives). After all, liberals will allow me to do whatever I want, free from moral censure, and its only fair I do the same for them.

I'd have to immediately quit smoking, in public at least. I'd be required to agree that global warming is real and man is the cause. Even though the earth has cooled in the last decade, everyone knows its still getting warmer. I'd also have to renounce Christianity in favor of Mother Earth and believe that the Constitution is a 'living instrument'.

I'd have to agree that victimhood trumps merit and that liberals know best. Always. And lastly, I'd have to support the notion that racism is still rampant, even if it is the silent 'institutional' type.

In return, I'll be accepted, popular, and invited to the best parties. I'll be eligible for the right to housing, health care, a living wage (even if I don't work) and happiness. And as long as I remain a liberal, no-one is allowed to insult me. How cool is that?

I'll finally get my columns published in my own hometown paper and will have a good chance of getting face time on MSNBC. Best of all, I'll be able to atone for my sins by merely paying Algore for a few carbon credits. Then, I will live happily ever after.Isn't that worth sacrificing such ethereal and frivolous notions like freedom, individualism and principles?

Copyright by Nancy Morgan

Nancy Morgan is a columnist and news editor for www.RightBias.com

http://www.michnews.com/Guest_Commentary/nm52609.shtml

I've never read her stuff before but some of it made me think. All too often my own views that I've cultivated on my own without listening to pundits have become suspect. I have never been indoctrinated in any way (other than Marine Corps bootcamp) to a specific set of ideals. I've become more conservative than most of my family and woe betide anyone who thinks differently than they. My oldest brother hasn't spoken to me in more than a year because I haven't embraced the "change" we are experiencing.

By Nancy Morgan

I want to be a liberal, because then everyone will like me. My family will start talking to me again, and chances are, my ex-husband will want to renew the marriage vows he broke when I started spouting conservative opinions.

I'd like to be a liberal because its ever so much easier to allow others to form my opinions for me instead of researching an issue myself. That always gets me in trouble, especially when the facts I discover diverge from the latest politically correct consensus.

I'd like to be a liberal because then I'd be rewarded for all my shortcomings and nothing would ever be my fault. I'd be an important cog in the wheel of social justice, and a cherished warrior in the current fight for equality.

If I were a liberal, I would be free to have sex whenever and with whomever I want - and be considered 'empowered' to boot. I could abort any inconvenience with nary a thought because my rights to my body trump the life I would have suctioned out of me.

I'd like to be a liberal because any guilt I would normally feel for what used to be considered deviant, irresponsible behavior may be assuaged by merely advocating the expenditure of other people's money on whatever the cause du jour is. Very cool. Especially since my stock portfolio has been pretty much decimated.

I want to be a liberal because they care so much. They have a lock on all the fashionable emotions, like tolerance, diversity, equality and patriotism. And as long as my intentions are pure and I 'care', I won't have to accept responsibility for any negative consequences that my actions might cause.

I'd like to be a liberal because everyone knows that conservatives are racist, homophobic, stupid and, well, beneath contempt. Conservatives are motivated by gasp, profit, instead of being nice. Enough said.

I'd like to be a liberal because I'd be able to redefine reality to my own specifications. I could turn failure into success, murder into choice, lies into 'misstatements', and theft into investment. I would automatically be considered wise, instead of opinionated. Best of all, I could make up the rules as I go along, change them in midstream and then demonize anyone who doesn't agree with me.

I want to be a liberal because everyone knows they hold the moral high ground. They don't lie, cheat or steal. Oh, and they don't condone torture. The media says so, so it must be true.

Before I am able to join this community of man, however, there are a few ground rules:

I have to acknowledge that government is the best and only solution for any problems America has. Despite the fact that pretty much every government solution to date has been a disaster.

I must agree that America is bad and white Christian males are responsible for all that is wrong with the world. Further, I must agree that terrorists and third world dictators are either freedom fighters or misunderstood men of good will. Oh, and I must acknowledge that dialogue is better than war. Even though decades of dialogue haven't worked, things are different, now that Obama is president. I must have faith. After all, the times, they are a changin'.

I'd, of course, be expected to not only condone, but happily embrace gay marriage and the long list of newly minted sexual behaviors, and swear to never mention the adverse health risks or the proven harm they do to traditional families.

I'd also have to quit judging people (except for conservatives). After all, liberals will allow me to do whatever I want, free from moral censure, and its only fair I do the same for them.

I'd have to immediately quit smoking, in public at least. I'd be required to agree that global warming is real and man is the cause. Even though the earth has cooled in the last decade, everyone knows its still getting warmer. I'd also have to renounce Christianity in favor of Mother Earth and believe that the Constitution is a 'living instrument'.

I'd have to agree that victimhood trumps merit and that liberals know best. Always. And lastly, I'd have to support the notion that racism is still rampant, even if it is the silent 'institutional' type.

In return, I'll be accepted, popular, and invited to the best parties. I'll be eligible for the right to housing, health care, a living wage (even if I don't work) and happiness. And as long as I remain a liberal, no-one is allowed to insult me. How cool is that?

I'll finally get my columns published in my own hometown paper and will have a good chance of getting face time on MSNBC. Best of all, I'll be able to atone for my sins by merely paying Algore for a few carbon credits. Then, I will live happily ever after.Isn't that worth sacrificing such ethereal and frivolous notions like freedom, individualism and principles?

Title of the thread ought to be, "Look at this stupid, ill-informed rant".

:rofl:

It's nice to see virtually every conservative stereotype of liberals contained in one relatively digestible lump. So I'll give Nancy points for organization, as well as extra credit for condescension and hyperbole. Beyond that she's a typically non-analytical, black and white thinking, hypocritical ignoramus flaunting her stupidity, and here's to her for that :glugglug:

PS: Way to stir the pot there, Johnny :thumbsup:

Why I voted Democrat:

I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my horse.
I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

I voted Democrat because Freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

I voted Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop what they are doing because they now think we are good people.

I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the democrats see fit.

I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite The Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
What a fucking load of partisan bullshit this is. Look at the URL she is attached to and it says it all. Someone who is left-leaning could do the same chop job against conservatism. Pure garbage either way.

Thanks for wasting my time with this drivel, Johnny. Do you actually believe this horseshit?? If so, that is fucking scary. I thought you were smarter than that. Am I wrong?

:lame:

Why I voted Democrat:

I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my horse.
I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

I voted Democrat because Freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

I voted Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop what they are doing because they now think we are good people.

I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the democrats see fit.

I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite The Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

Wow....amazing. This is even more ignorant and biased than the original reference. Good job, Tiger. You are a paragon of conservative intellect. :rolleyes:

Ace Boobtoucher

I live to stir it up! But a lot of it rings true. I cannot get into a civil debate with someone with a liberal agenda and not be shouted down. For my brother its nearly impossible to make a statement about say, gun control or The War without him getting so wound up that he makes uttering a counterpoint impossible.

The part about self loathing(because I am a white male) is something I don't understand either. The things that happened in America leading up to and after the Civil War were way before my family immigrated. My family on both sides arrived here around the turn of the century from Ireland, Italy and Bohemia.

For the most part they were relegated to the jobs that well-established earlier immigrants refused to do like coal mining. And for that they were treated as bad as or worse than black people. Two of my Great great Uncles enlisted and fought in WWI in an effort to gain citizenship more rapidly. Successive generations bettered their lot in life by educating their children, working hard and saving and letting the next generation know that they could achieve the American Dream.

Self reliance is a byword within my family and it amazes me that these people who unknowingly espouse conservative values would continue to vote Democrat but truthfully democrat and republican parties were both conservative with only a few differences in strategy and opinion until after WWII. The push for civil rights was until recently, a Republican battle. If you read any article about civil rights from that era you'd see that the most hate filled speech came from Dixiecrats.

I don't know when or how the public perception of the parties changed so drastically but it isn't healthy to view each as intolerant and short sighted. I was hoping that this change Obama is supposed to have inspired would include civility and openness.

Top Ten Signs You're a Christian Conservative

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and “dehumanized” when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the “atrocities” attributed to Allah, but you don’t even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in “Exodus” and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in “Joshua” including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs — though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most “tolerant” and “loving.”

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in “tongues” may be all the evidence you need to “prove” Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a “high success rate” when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

:tongue:

By Nancy Morgan

Why I voted Democrat:

:hatsoff: :thumbsup:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Well looky what I found.....SOMEBODY is a plagarist.....

Oh...and by the way....this is just as idiotic as the original post. I abhor those of you who hide behind your mindless ideology as a justification for your ignorance and prejudice. And that knife cuts both ways....right or left. Just keep burying your head in the sand, drinking the kool-aid and chanting the mantra. Never consider that the other side might have something to offer....much less be right once in a while! Let's just keep driving that wedge that divides us even deeper and deeper....never mind the hopes, dreams, ideals and principles we share in common.

Fucking sheep....

I Wish I Was A Conservative

I wish I were a conservative, because then everyone would like me. My family would start talking to me again, and chances are, my ex-husband would want to renew the marriage vows he broke when I started spouting liberal opinions. I’d like to be a conservative because it’s ever so much easier to allow others to form my opinions for me instead of researching an issue myself. That always gets me in trouble, especially when the facts I discover diverge from the latest politically correct consensus. I’d like to be a conservative because then I’d be rewarded for all my shortcomings and nothing would ever be my fault. I’d be an important cog in the wheel of social justice, and a cherished warrior in the current fight for equality. If I were a liberal, I would be free to have sex whenever and with whomever I want — and be considered ‘empowered’ to boot. I could abort any inconvenience with nary a thought because my rights to my body trump the life I would have suctioned out of me. I’d like to be a conservative because any guilt I would normally feel for what used to be considered deviant, irresponsible behavior may be assuaged by merely advocating the expenditure of other people’s money on whatever the cause du jour is. Very cool. Especially since my stock portfolio has tanked. I want to be a conservative because they care so much. They have a lock on all the fashionable emotions like patriotism. And I might go to heaven I’d like to be a conservative because everyone knows that liberals are a bunch of tree hugging dyke hippies It would be swell to be a conservative because I’d be able to redefine reality to my own specifications. I could turn failure into success, murder into religious reasons, lies into ‘misstatements’, and theft into investment. I would automatically be considered wise, instead of opinionated. Best of all, I could make up the rules as I go along, change them in midstream and then demonize anyone who doesn’t agree with me. It’s great to be a conservative because everyone knows they hold the moral high ground. They don’t lie, cheat or steal. Oh, and they don’t condone torture. The media says so, so it must be true. Before I am able to join this community of man, however, there are a few ground rules: I have to acknowledge that government is the best and only solution for any problems America has. Despite the fact that pretty much every government solution to date has been a disaster. I must agree that America is bad and white Christian liberals are responsible for all that is wrong with the world. Further, I must agree that preachers, governors, and American soldiers are either freedom fighters or misunderstood men of good would. Oh, and I must acknowledge that war is better than dialog. Especially since decades of dialog haven’t worked, things are different, now that Obama is president. I must complain, after all the times they are a changin! I’d, of course, be expected to not only condemn, but angrily refute gay marriage and the long list of newly minted sexual behaviors, and swear to never mention the adverse health risks or the proven harm they do to traditional families. I’d also have to quit judging people. (Except liberals.) After all, conservatives wouldnt allow me to do whatever I want, free from moral censure, and it’s only fair I do the same for them. I’d have to immediately quit smoking, in public at least. I’d be required to disagree that global warming is real and man is the cause. Even though the earth has heated in the last decade, everyone knows its still getting warmer. I’d also have to proclaim Christianity in favor of Mother Earth and believe that the Constitution is a ‘living instrument’. I’d have to agree that victimhood trumps merit and that conservatives know best. Always. And lastly, I’d have to support the notion that racism isnt still rampant, even if it is the silent ‘institutional’ type. In return, I’ll be accepted, popular, and invited to the best parties. I’ll be eligible for the right to housing, health care, a living wage (even if I don’t work) and happiness. And as long as I remain a conservative, no-one is allowed to insult me. How cool is that?

No bullshit....here's the link:

http://www.communityokc.com/2009/05/i-wish-i-was-a-conservative/

I live to stir it up! But a lot of it rings true. I cannot get into a civil debate with someone with a liberal agenda and not be shouted down. For my brother its nearly impossible to make a statement about say, gun control or The War without him getting so wound up that he makes uttering a counterpoint impossible.

Well, here's your chance then. Let's read some of this brilliant conservative intellectualism on The War that has obviously been missing from the conservative discourse over the past 4 or 5 years.

I think the standard Liberal response to The War is: We never killed Osama and Iraq never had WMD so Iraq was a complete boondoggle. How would a conservative defend Cheney's statement: We will be greeted as Liberators:dunno:

Good Luck:hatsoff:

Nobody will shout you down. I am expecting to read something completely fresh however...

The thing I love about Banana Rupublican'ts is they get to try every extreme policy they can market. Then spend time setting everyone else up to take the blame for it when it does the obvious and fucks things up.

Ace Boobtoucher

What a fucking load of partisan bullshit this is. Look at the URL she is attached to and it says it all. Someone who is left-leaning could do the same chop job against conservatism. Pure garbage either way.

Thanks for wasting my time with this drivel, Johnny. Do you actually believe this horseshit?? If so, that is fucking scary. I thought you were smarter than that. Am I wrong?
:

Jagger, I appreciate almost every post you've put up because it is usually thought provoking. I never stated I believe everything I read (no one should) but some of this lady's arguments did make sense to me. I'm sorry if that makes me sound like I'm spouting horseshit or drivel but some of the things I've seen and heard do ring true with what she's apparently plagiarized. As I stated, I've never read her stuff or even heard of her. I just thought it was provocative and judging by the response, it is.

You've read my posts in the past and I like to think a lot of them reflect my outlook and personality. I look at myself as a fairly open minded individual with some conservative bents. I guess if I were to categorize myself(which I am loathe to do, as I think most people defy categorization), I would say I'm probably more libertarian than anything. I don't think more government is the answer to all of societies problems and I think people should be accountable for their actions and their words. I believe in self determination.

On the other hand I am a frequent poster on a porn forum. Its a quandary.

How would a conservative defend Cheney's statement: We will be greeted as Liberators:dunno:

If this board is an indicator, they would claim that they knew it all along and that they didn't vote for Bush because he was a liberal. Of course they didn't say that until after Obama was elected and say that they are not republicans or conservatives but "independents" or "libertarians" while following all of the GOP rhetoric and putting all the blame on Democrats.