• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

I Took A McDonald's Double Quarter Pounder With Cheese Purchased At 5:30PM Then Put It In The Microwave At 11:00PM For 30 Seconds And...

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
... it was good as new like it was freshly made! The beef patty in the Quarter Pounder is juicy and OK in the microwave for a short time. I kept the Double Quarter Pounder With Cheese in the box and also in the brown bag when I threw it in the microwave. I do that hoping it absorbs any steam keeping the bun from getting soggy. Anyway, whatever works, whatever way, but it was good. Try my life hack mad experiment some time.

You can re-animate old McDonald's Fries but I recommend using the gas oven at a higher temperature for a very short time keeping an eye on things so the fries don't get too dry.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Is it me or is their cheese a little poochy poochy?

Ohh, I love food hacks.
The burgers generally revive well, but I find that once the fries are cold, they're dead, Jim

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Ohh, I love food hacks.
The burgers generally revive well, but I find that once the fries are cold, they're dead, Jim
I agree, but I have had luck with thicker fries. By the time micky d's fries get to you, they've been blanch, quick frozen, and refried. To be honest, I don't think they make good fries anymore. In fact, filet o fish's, are the only reason I personally go their anymore. The 1/4 lber's are much better, but for a double, I choose Wendy's, they put bacon on them.

And yes Adam, they're cheese does seem a little odd.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Cold fries (or pretty much anything fried) can be put in a hot, preheated oven and brought back to life.

"The 1/4 lber's are much better, but for a double, I choose Wendy's, they put bacon on them." Mmmmm - the Baconator!!

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Every is better with bacon, even salad. In fact, I like to wrap bacon around sausage, and then wrap it with a ham slice. Pig is goooooood.

Cold fries (or pretty much anything fried) can be put in a hot, preheated oven and brought back to life.
Except the work/time needed for that doesn't seem to justify the results. Nuking is the extent I'm willing to go to resuscitate a fast food meal...

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Except the work/time needed for that doesn't seem to justify the results. Nuking is the extent I'm willing to go to resuscitate a fast food meal...

I'm an old fashioned multi-tasker and I use the time preheating the oven to walk to the back of the house and pinch off a loaf while listening to a wrestling or video game podcast. When I get back to the kitchen the oven is ready at 425 degrees and I throw the fries in for 5-7 minutes.

I'm an old fashioned multi-tasker and I use the time preheating the oven to walk to the back of the house and pinch off a loaf while listening to a wrestling or video game podcast. When I get back to the kitchen the oven is ready at 425 degrees and I throw the fries in for 5-7 minutes.
Fair enough. For me, it feels like a waste of time & (literal) energy to heat an oven just for some fries. I'd do it for a full batch of frozen fries in the air-fryer, but not for leftovers.
I just had fast-food drive-thru yesterday - I didn't have time to scarf down the full meal, so I inhaled the sides (onion rings & fries) with the drink, and saved the burger to reheat in the microwave once I got home.