• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

I now enjoy American football

Having watched my first ever Super Bowl and really my first whole game of American football I quite enjoyed it.

I read this before I watched the game and it really helped me understand and enjoy the game much more, it's really just as complicated as soccer is, it just seemed harder because I knew the rules of soccer from a younger age.
http://www.sportsofamerica.co.uk/beginners-guide-to-American-football.asp

I need to find a team now. I know all the team names and a few of the player's names but I couldn't tell you who the best players or teams are. I need to find a team so I can support them but I have no idea how I'm going to do it.

Having watched that I'm definitely going to watch more NFL/AFC/NFC but I also want to try and get into Basketball and possibly baseball. I already know the rules of basketball but I again need to choose a team there.

Football(Soccer) is still my top sport but American football may just have become my second favourite ahead of rugby

I also liked hearing about the Scottish kicker Lawrence Tynes, who is a big Celtic fan, but hey I'm biased

BMH - I had not been an American football fan AT ALL until I moved to the U.S.. I happened to move to a college town in which football is a serious mania. So, it was impossible to talk to anyone here unless I watched the local college team. So I started to watch, and, much to my surprise, I really enjoy it. It's quite entertaining.

Now, I much prefer college football to pro, so perhaps you'd like to check that out, too? Look at the BCS rankings for teams to watch. Let us know who you pick.

(We'll mock you for your choice, no doubt, but that's part of the deal...)

I watched it on the BBC(who have no adverts/commercials), they streamed it through NBC, so every commercial break they had on NBC meant they went back to the studio here for analysis. That suited me as it gave me another chance to understand the rules.

I watched it on the BBC(who have no adverts/commercials), they streamed it through NBC, so every commercial break they had on NBC meant they went back to the studio here for analysis. That suited me as it gave me another chance to understand the rules.

The rules are not that hard to understand - the best way to help yourself in my opinion is to learn the positions really well. Rules will come as you watch.

Too bad the season is over.

This is the first Super bowl I have watched, so now I really can't wait till September for the new season or April for the draft. It's probably going to take me a while to find the team I like though, since I obviously can't support a local team.

I need to read more about American football online so I can see who all the players are and to increase my knowledge up to the same level as Soccer

Killer B

I Like Big Tits! (song by Joe Walsh)
The St. Louis Rams do not want to play a single game in London, no NFL team does. The St. Louis Rams owner just happens to be the majority shareholder of Arsenal, so he has business reasons for wanting to expand into England.

NFL games in London is a joke and it gives the finger to the U.S. fans of the team who only get 7 home games instead of 8. It's also a logisitcal nightmare. The teams lose 2 full days of practice travelling back and forth.

The games also aren't as popular as the NFL makes out. The crowd is mostly made up of American service men and women stationed in England and I don't think any of them have been sold-out.

:cool:

bahodeme

Closed Account
BMH, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I need to find a team now. I know all the team names and a few of the player's names but I couldn't tell you who the best players or teams are. I need to find a team so I can support them but I have no idea how I'm going to do it.

Here are some possible NFL teams for you to support:

Dallas Cowboys (Dallas, Texas) - The most popular NFL franchises along with being the most hated. They haven't had much success in the past 18 years, yet, they seem to still dominate the headlines.

New England Patriots (Boston, Massachusetts) - The most dominate NFL franchise in the last decade led by Tom Brady. They're starting to become the most hated franchise.

Denver Broncos (Denver, Colorado) - This is my favorite team. Had a very popular run in the 80s and 90s going to 5 Super Bowls (won 2). John Elway is the executive vice president of football operations, but was also the former QB who led the Broncos to success during that time. The Broncos have been dominating the headlines lately because of their polarizing QB Tim Tebow (the messiah).

Pittsburgh Steelers (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania ) - This is arguably the most popular franchise in the NFL. They've won the most Super Bowls and have had the most success of any other NFL franchise. They're known for their defense and are led by QB Ben Roethlisberger.

You might want to consider east coast teams because of your location.

This board doesn't have enough 49er fans. Just sayin.

What appeals to you more, BMH? Physical play or finesse?

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
This is the first Super bowl I have watched, so now I really can't wait till September for the new season or April for the draft. It's probably going to take me a while to find the team I like though, since I obviously can't support a local team.

I need to read more about American football online so I can see who all the players are and to increase my knowledge up to the same level as Soccer

I think you should either go for the New England Patriots,Philly Eagles or the New York Jets who have Celtic connections :D

My suggestion would be to pick which city (or region, in some cases) you like the most and go with that team. Picking a team based on current success is silly since success comes and goes in the NFL. Also picking a team because of one or two players you like is silly because they'll be gone before you know it but the team remains.

If you really enjoyed this Super Bowl then it wouldn't be bad if you chose one of the two teams in the game, since it's what got you into it. Go with the Giants or the Patriots.

:cool: