• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

I Need a Safe Space

Too many of you on here use your 1st Amendment rights to create a hostile and unsafe environment where discussion is filled with nothing but hate. There must be a space created where we can all learn from each other and create a place of healing rather than one where we experience nothing but hate. What makes me feel even more unsafe is the constant microaggressions by some posters and for that I think that trigger warnings should now be given beforehand to foster a better learning environment :D

another reason why I left the left.

compare the greatest generation storming the beaches of normandy under withering fire to this one with their "microaggressions."

we're doomed.

Too many of you on here use your 1st Amendment rights to create a hostile and unsafe environment where discussion is filled with nothing but hate. There must be a space created where we can all learn from each other and create a place of healing rather than one where we experience nothing but hate. What makes me feel even more unsafe is the constant microaggressions by some posters and for that I think that trigger warnings should now be given beforehand to foster a better learning environment :D

you're right ice,

there's a lot of belligerence, antagonism and hate on here these days,

it's a good thing we're tough :D

BlkHawk

Closed Account

I find when all the name calling gets me down listening to the original Shake It Off by [NOBABE]the Killer[/NOBABE] lifts my mood.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
The anonymity of the web allows people to be much bigger assholes than they would dare to be in real-life face-to-face situations. It's one of the reasons that this mode of communication turns me off more and more as time goes on. It's easy to be mean and inconsiderate with nothing more than a screen name. The quality of legitimate and considerate interaction on this forum has deteriorated significantly over the past few years for the reasons I just mentioned. At the end of the day, however, who gives a shit what anyone else here thinks? If you agree with them, that's great. If you don't, then fuck 'em. It's really that simple from my perspective. Don't let it bother you because, in the end, it's meaningless....unless we're talking about the hockey thread of course. ;)

seriously, in the OP I'm assuming you're being sarcastic in pointing out the absurdity that is rampant with political correctness on campuses today. Not wanting to hear and even banning another point of view smacks of totalitarianism and what you've seen in the fervor of people's revolutions and their subsequent mass murders of the past. This is why I hate the left. For all their railing about religious bigotry and intolerance, they are the most intolerant when it comes to any opposition of their views. You either comply with their viewpoint or be silenced.

Conservative speakers are being assaulted on college campuses by these champions of tolerance and diversity. Maybe a few broken arms or busted eye sockets are in order to show the importance of keeping your hands or your body fluids to yourself.

I myself am in favor of more kent states. The less of these fucking idiots breathing my air the better.

seriously, in the OP I'm assuming you're being sarcastic in pointing out the absurdity that is rampant with political correctness on campuses today. Not wanting to hear and even banning another point of view smacks of totalitarianism and what you've seen in the fervor of people's revolutions and their subsequent mass murders of the past. This is why I hate the left. For all their railing about religious bigotry and intolerance, they are the most intolerant when it comes to any opposition of their views. You either comply with their viewpoint or be silenced.

i thought op wasn't being completely serious either, but your post is just incredibly naive and blind to how some others might feel

i believe in freedom of speech, and also that there should be a general right to say things that might offend others

but what this monolithic left you speak about is concerned with is, amongst other things, minorities being abused and murdered due to their race, people advocating and carrying out harm against gays for their sexuality, violence against women, saying all members of certain religions are bad/dangerous/un-american etc

so your position is that you want there to be no problem with calling black people n*gger, saying fags should be killed and sluts deserve to be raped?

and i guess you love seeing the westborough baptist church at soldiers funerals doing their shit?

but you don't want people who are offended by such things themselves to protest - you just want them to let it go

it's easy not to empathise with others and see some of the problems in western society if you are a straight white male from a christian background - as there is no bias and institutional mistreatment of us, as we still pretty much still control all the institutions and levers of power

i don't feel guilty about who i am - but if you can't appreciate that others may have a different, and in many ways harder, experience of life because of these kind of things then you are a fool

freedom of speech is crucial - but it doesn't mean that there can't be some benefit to not poking those who are different to you, and who are from a less powerful group, in the eye

speakers are being assaulted on college campuses by these champions of tolerance and diversity. Maybe a few broken arms or busted eye sockets are in order to show the importance of keeping your hands or your body fluids to yourself.

I myself am in favor of more kent states. The less of these fucking idiots breathing my air the better.

oh boo fucking hoo
you don't like protestors who re trying to highlight discrimination - i guess you would've been one of those that said MLK was just a commie rabble rouser etc etc

and what's your answer to this intolerance on the left/amongst students - you want to shoot them

ask yourself, does that sound more tolerant than people saying don't call me n*gger, or threaten to kill me cause i'm black

you should start posting threats to the minority students at mizzou like we've been seeing these last few days, but put your name & address on there too, and we'll see where that gets you...

(it's possible you were being sarcastic about the whole "kent states" bit, which would be better i guess - and if so, you caught a fish
if you were being serious then :facepalm: )

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I'm tolerant of reasonable opposing viewpoints, but tolerance doesn't mean acceptance and I'm certainly not going to remain silent and most "libruls" I know are the same way. There are assholes on all sides of the political spectrum; conservative, liberal, whatever no one has a monopoly on the assholes.

Dudes lamenting about micro-aggressions have micro-peni

i thought op wasn't being completely serious either, but your post is just incredibly naive and blind to how some others might feel

i believe in freedom of speech, and also that there should be a general right to say things that might offend others

but what this monolithic left you speak about is concerned with is, amongst other things, minorities being abused and murdered due to their race, people advocating and carrying out harm against gays for their sexuality, violence against women, saying all members of certain religions are bad/dangerous/un-american etc

so your position is that you want there to be no problem with calling black people n*gger, saying fags should be killed and sluts deserve to be raped?

and i guess you love seeing the westborough baptist church at soldiers funerals doing their shit?

Did you watch that video in it's entirety?

and your "general right" to say things that might offend - you've already kind of laid out the parameters for that. so what should the penalty be for someone who goes beyond their "general right" to offend? and I love seeing the westborough baptist church inbreds at soldiers funerals? No, but it warms my heart and brings a tear to my eye that they're able to do that in this great country and not be beaten and/or arrested for hate speech.

but you don't want people who are offended by such things themselves to protest - you just want them to let it go

I don't have any problem with protests from the left. It's just the hypocrisy on display when they're confronted with a different viewpoint. They want it shut down. See conservative speakers at liberal colleges or that student journalist in that video - who wasn't on any side but that media studies professor called for "muscle" to shut him down. that shit is tyrannical. Protest away, but who says you have a right not to be offended? I do have a problem when they go beyond protest to physical assault.

(it's possible you were being sarcastic about the whole "kent states" bit, which would be better i guess - and if so, you caught a fish
if you were being serious then :facepalm: )

of course.

The New York Times' Nicholas Kristof nailed it in his op-ed the other day:

But moral voices can also become sanctimonious bullies.

This is sensitivity but also intolerance, and it is disproportionately an instinct on the left.

I’m a pro-choice liberal who has been invited to infect evangelical Christian universities with progressive thoughts, and to address Catholic universities where I’ve praised condoms and birth control programs. I’m sure I discomfited many students on these conservative campuses, but it’s a tribute to them that they were willing to be challenged. In the same spirit, liberal universities should seek out pro-life social conservatives to speak.

More broadly, academia — especially the social sciences — undermines itself by a tilt to the left. We should cherish all kinds of diversity, including the presence of conservatives to infuriate us liberals and make us uncomfortable. Education is about stretching muscles, and that’s painful in the gym and in the lecture hall.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/12/opinion/mizzou-yale-and-free-speech.html?_r=0

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Too many of you on here ...

Note: ON HERE. We are NOT talking campuses.

use your 1st Amendment rights to create a hostile and unsafe environment where discussion is filled with nothing but hate. [/quote}

I think the smily indicates that he views this artially tongue-in-cheek. Yet those of you who feel it is such a grand thing to use your freedom to put their opinions in insults:

The original poster, and I share this view, wants to say: It is one thing to be free to say things in many ways, it is an adult way to be able to voice your opinion in a way that does not rely on insults, yet is aiming at actually making other see your opinion instead of just trying to trump the others with vitriol.

There must be a space created where we can all learn from each other and create a place of healing rather than one where we experience nothing but hate. What makes me feel even more unsafe is the constant microaggressions by some posters and for that I think that trigger warnings should now be given beforehand to foster a better learning environment :D

Thosewho posted those attempts at funny comments just prove his point.

To iceman:

If you really want a "safe space to have a conversation" on this forum:

There is such an space, and if you send me a PM, I will tell you :)

I try..., but there are just too many profoundly stupid people and/or people that are jerks in the world and too many on here. My patience for suffering fools ran out a long time ago. My patience for suffering others that are scum and want to do wrongdoing against other people even less so. Once long ago I tried the nicer way,...it didn't work. I tried appealing to people's humanity, their decency, their logic, their common sense, and so on. I don't know any other way to put it than that. It's not like some of the more disgruntled things I say are my first resort.

There is too many times where the only response that might get somebody to listen is to embarrass them with their own stupidity, and I have grudgingly even come to realize that mostly doesn't even work. When some are going so headlong blindly into their beliefs there's not much that can be done. It's either that or to say nothing and not engage them at all. That might explain more than anything else why I post in this section so little. Even I get tired of beating my head against a wall.