• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Howard Stern

The Jackie days were the best and when he left it was never the same. Artie was good but could never replace Jackie. In one of Stern's books he said "Jackie was much more important to the show than anyone gave him credit for. Also, Jackie thought he was more important to the show than really was." No one saw that Jackie would feed Howard stuff on paper during the show for him to use and that was his main job, make Howard funny. I blame Jackie's stupid wife for fucking up that situation.

Stern, Robin, and Fred ran out of funny after Jackie left. They started to rely upon High Pitch Eric, and Sal The Stock Broker and Benji for content and the show turned to shit. Let's not forget the loss of Billy West. Those 5 together for those few years was the best radio ever.

When i started listening in the late 90's, Billy West had left the show . I wish i could have heard him. At least the ones that are still around are fun to listen to for me. Red Peters with his sings make me laugh. Haven't heard Crazy Alice in a while. The impersonations of Gary and the songs attributed to him are downright funny as heck. I could listen to that all day. One good thing is that the shows are repeated during the day and the latter part of the week.

Thank you too for the reply and the stuff you posted, very much appreciated !

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
My favorite Billy West bit from the Stern show.

Sometimes Eric's calls can be funny though with how they use him with sound bytes and quotes from him. And you are right about his interviews. He also asks direct questions getting to the point. Thanks again for replying Lacey !

Lacey.......funny you mentioned about listening and driving because i only have satellite in the car and it makes driving enjoyable especially in traffic and bad weather. Having thoughts about getting it in the house. Ohhh, and don't you fall asleep while driving. Eric might feel bad if he knew the reason ha ! Have a good day !

Last edited:
My favorite Billy West bit from the Stern show.

That was great, still laughing after hearing that ! I loved The Three Stooges. Always thought Larry and Shemp were underated. Don't get me wrong, Moe and Curly were great too was but i enjoyed those four the most. Were the other two Joes.....Besser and De Rita ?

Thanks for posting that clip, a classic indeed !!

bobjustbob

When Shemp died they needed another Stooge to fulfill their contract with Columbia. They originally wanted De Rita but couldn't get him. Columbia was too cheap to go after him and they got stuck Besser since Columbia already had him on a contract. When Columbia didn't renew The Stooges contract Moe and Larry picked up De Rita. They were really showing their age by then. They toured live on stage but the movies they put out were pure shit. It was the De Rita family that eventually got control of The Three Stooges brand name.

I think along that way,the Whack Pack made Howard more enjoyable.

I loved watching Beetlejuice,Hank The Angry Drunken Dwarf,and Crack Head Bob.

To be honest though,I couldn't stand John The Stutterer,and while I like High Pitch Eric,he did get annoying sometimes.

His celebrity interviews are usually exceptional.... and I love Howard, although he has never had me on...

Thanks for replying Vicky ! I bet if your people or yourself contacted his people, tell them what you are about, you never know, it might just happen. He is in N.Y. and i'm sure you know that. Plus, being a judge on America's Got Talent, you should check to see if auditions are being held in the city you are in. Might be able to introduce yourself.

You are right about his celebrity interviews and he does have many. Hope you find a way to get on one day !

I think along that way,the Whack Pack made Howard more enjoyable.

I loved watching Beetlejuice,Hank The Angry Drunken Dwarf,and Crack Head Bob.

To be honest though,I couldn't stand John The Stutterer,and while I like High Pitch Eric,he did get annoying sometimes.

Beetlejuice is hilarious, i think he has a manager that books him for events. The late Hank was great and not too long ago an old show was replayed with Hank on, a memorable moment. Think he was so drunk he fell off the stool during the interview. Crack Head Bob, well, that's what happened when he did you know what but when he would sing songs on the show or make crank calls, i would laugh my ass off over and over. To bad he mesed himself up. The Whack Pack is still around but i'm not sure of the original characters as the show has changed over time. Isn't or wasn't John the Stutterer hired by Jay Leno. Not sure if he's still there, i don't think so but not positive.

Thanks for the reply and refreshing my memory on those names. All classic and archive material !

bobjustbob

Years ago Stern wanted to bring back You Bet Your Life with him sitting in Groucho's chair. Too bad that project never came to be.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...

When Shemp died they needed another Stooge to fulfill their contract with Columbia. They originally wanted De Rita but couldn't get him. Columbia was too cheap to go after him and they got stuck Besser since Columbia already had him on a contract. When Columbia didn't renew The Stooges contract Moe and Larry picked up De Rita. They were really showing their age by then. They toured live on stage but the movies they put out were pure shit. It was the De Rita family that eventually got control of The Three Stooges brand name.

I can remember Besser being in a couple of the... i call them ''shorts'', the 20 minute ones. Yea, not that good ha. I can't remember if De Rita was in any short ones ?The movies sucked too. At least one of the movies were in color though i can't remember which one. That was weird after watching all black and whites.

I am old enough to remember The Merv Griffin Show and Moe Howard was on with his same bowl haircut only his hair was white. They staged a pie throwing stunt but i think the pie tins were just filled with whipped cream. Damn, i must have been a kid when i saw that.

That info you wrote is tremendous. I love reading that stuff and watching those clips posted. Definitely thank you for this ! I could watch those and the 20 minute Three Stooges shorts over and over. AMC still might show them or some channel.