• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

How to easily speed up thread page loads

DrakeM

Rage against the dying of the light
Ever been pissed off at how long it takes to load some threads? I find this is largely due to certain members posting large images from slow-loading image hosting sights. The simple solution? Add those members to your ignore list and you'll instantly see page load times speed up. I've used the ignore list for years to avoid crap posts from (mostly) content owners but I was really surprised how effective it can be at speeding up the site. If you are worried about missing out on content, in my experience, you won't miss much if anything.

I won't post a list of users on my ignore list here but just pay attention next time you're annoyed by load speeds and you'll quickly figure it out.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
A good policy is to:

A. Limit the number of picture posts,
B. Choose the Thumbnail option whenever possible,
C. Be cognizant of what host you are using.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
I've used the ignore list for years to avoid crap posts from (mostly) content owners but I was really surprised how effective it can be at speeding up the site.
^This.

I even tried to report them. It was funny. :LOL: Crazy me! :)

DrakeM

Rage against the dying of the light
Ah, worked great today. Had about 30 threads in my watched list with new posts and over 20 of them were from ignored users - breezed through that list.