• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

How Many Years In A Row Have You Missed Watching The Oscars?

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I lost count but more than 10. Not a fan of the Mutual Admiration Society Circle Jerk Festival Of Morally Superior Coke Fiends And Serial Rapists.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I would say 58. And I've only seen 2 Oscar nominated films, before the Oscars, because my wife wanted to. One was "Ford vs. Ferrari", which was a really good movie, and what I thought was going to be a full blown war movie, but was not. It was called "1917", I think.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Cher with Eric Stoltz, and Sam Elliott in Mask was the last one I fully watched. For best makeup. How many years ago was that? Geez, 37 years ago. Willam Hurt (rest-in-peace) won Best Actor for Kiss of the Spider Woman. Geraldine Page (rest-in-peace) won Best Actress for The Trip to the Bountiful. How crazy is that?

Last edited:
Ever since you've been able to watch any insanity from the ceremony on youtube the day later, there's really no incentive to watch the entire, dragged-out circle-jerk of a show.

Does never having watched the Oscars count as missing them? If so, then I've missed all of them.

I usually only watch the red carpet stuff for the fashion. Most of the movies nominated I'm never interested in watching anyway.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I don't think I've ever truly watched it.
Only in passing. Like a few minutes at a time.
I find most awards shows to be...
\thinks of a nice way to say it
Out of touch. Self serving.
Not terribly relevant.
Which isn't too say it's awful, it's just not good.
:\