• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

House to probe Obama...

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Issa to launch probe of Obama actions on Solyndra, LightSquared

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) said Tuesday that his committee plans to investigate government loan programs to private corporations in light of allegations of improper dealings between the White House and failed energy company Solyndra and wireless start-up LightSquared.

"I want to see when the president and his cronies are picking winners and losers… it wasn't because there were large contributions given to them," the chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee said Tuesday morning on C-SPAN.

Issa said the committee was looking at whether it was improper for members of Congress or White House staff to select companies eligible for subsidized government loans when those companies could give campaign donations. Loan programs have been a popular tool to provide funding for popular industries — like tech, green energy, and American auto companies — at more favorable terms than could be secured privately.

The Obama administration has been defending itself against criticism by Republicans that it exerted improper influence to the aid of both companies.

Solyndra abruptly filed for bankruptcy earlier this month, surprising both employees and the administration, which had secured $535 million in low-interest loans for the company.

Article

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
wait so that article says that Obama and his people picked who to give the bailout money to based on if it would help them out in the process? Say it isn't so...politics at it's finest. :rolleyes:

1. Is Obama due for a colonoscopy?

2. Are any of the House members qualified to perform colonoscopies?

TheOrangeCat

AFK..being taken to the vet to get neutered.
I was really hoping for a joke in this thread ... all found was Will E Trebus .. (posting consecutively at 16.08 and 16.09 .... what a strange coincidence. Again. Again. Again ...)

I suppose the joke is Republicans expressing outrage over (alleged) favoritism to corporate cronies. :kettle:

sid-sexy

Banned
Darrell Issa is one of the biggest idiots in the whole world.:2 cents:

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
While I'm not an Obama fangirl....

This isn't exclusive to Obama or the current government. There is ALWAYS the conflict of interest when the government gives money to private companies that send lobbyists or campaign contributions to Washington.

I really wish there would be some sort of reform in the rules for campaigns and lobbying to eliminate the conflict of interest, but it'll never happen since it's not in the interest of the politicians.

While I'm not an Obama fangirl....
:facepalm: It's okay Petra, you won't be banished from the FOs by O haters for hedging something slightly objective about the man...

IOW...why qualify your point with that? :dunno::1orglaugh

I get a kick out of it when people do that. As if they're worried more about being frowned upon for their opinion than merely stating what they agree with or believe.

I mean, some of the O haters will still live...lol

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
:facepalm: It's okay Petra, you won't be banished from the FOs by O haters for hedging something slightly objective about the man...

IOT...why qualify your point with that? :dunno::1orglaugh

I get a kick out of it when people do that. As if they're worried more about being frowned upon for their opinion than merely stating what they agree with or believe.

I mean, some of the O haters will still live...lol

It's more to point out that I'm not defending Obama, but all politicians have been guilty of this. Some to larger degrees than others, but until the rules change, they breed that conflict of interest between the people that are supposed to work for you and I and private corporations.

I could really give a shit what people think about me for thinking that Obama should have never been voted in...but it was a rock and hardplace arguement. Fuck, we could have Palin as president right now if the stress killed McCaine.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I knew the Alien Greys were up to something again with probing!

..all politicians have been guilty of this. Some to larger degrees than others, but until the rules change, they breed that conflict of interest between the people that are supposed to work for you and I and private corporations.

Making that point in a vacuum (just as it is above) wouldn't nor shouldn't suggest you're defending Obama to the rational, objective observer.

However, to the overwhelming majority of O hating, truth-be-dammers...you'd sound like your defending him even though you aren't. In that sense, people tend to use qualifiers like you used to appease the irrational instead of just making their salient point and letting it stand.

No biggie...I just see it used quite allot when people simply make or agree with a sensible, reasonable point of view or fact but at the same time want to placate others.

I think the only President never to have been investigated with in living memory was Gerald Ford, and he got Lampooned out of office by Saturday Night Live.
Oh wow a President getting investigated by Congress, it happens so often you would think its in the job description, - Oh wow - IT IS!!! imagine that, people keeping tabs on the most powerful man on the planet.
I don't care if it's Mr Rogers in the White House, if he isn't investigated a few times during his presidency, then the congress isn't doing its job.

I think the only President never to have been investigated with in living memory was Gerald Ford, and he got Lampooned out of office by Saturday Night Live.
Oh wow a President getting investigated by Congress, it happens so often you would think its in the job description, - Oh wow - IT IS!!! imagine that, people keeping tabs on the most powerful man on the planet.
I don't care if it's Mr Rogers in the White House, if he isn't investigated a few times during his presidency, then the congress isn't doing its job.

Obviously :goodpost: