• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Hey Fellas, You Much For Greek Food?

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I can't say I'm a fan. I've tried it several times including going to higher rated restaurants and trying different things. Maybe one day I'll find something I like. I'm not even crazy about Gyros Sandwiches.

I prefer Turkish Food.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I do. I love everything though. My best is making gyros at home though. Mixing beef with lamb, onion, rosemary, throwing that on the grill either on the rotisserie if you're fancy and have one, or just like giant burgers, slicing it up on some pita or flatbread with a ton of homemade tzatziki with diced tomato and cumber, and a lot of good feta? Oh mannnn.

I do. I love everything though. My best is making gyros at home though. Mixing beef with lamb, onion, rosemary, throwing that on the grill either on the rotisserie if you're fancy and have one, or just like giant burgers, slicing it up on some pita or flatbread with a ton of homemade tzatziki with diced tomato and cumber, and a lot of good feta? Oh mannnn.

I'll keep trying. It took an amount of trial and error with Indian Food but I like that stuff a lot now. I eat a lot of Middle Eastern and other Mediterranean Food. I could recommend great Persian Food around me. Heck, just go to Shamshiri on Westwood Bl and get a nice 14 Oz Filet Mignon Dinner w/rice & veggies for under thirty bucks. They got some secret salsa there that's actually a bit spicy.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Best I had was homemade, although I had some decent Greek fries at a Greek festival somewhere, but how can you fuck those up, right? It can be good, but you just gotta find the right place. LA is the place to do it though. God, I miss the food there.

We are lucky here to have a great variety of food and good quality. I think the hardest thing about moving away from LA would be leaving the food.

I think I'll check out this Souvlaki & Gyro House in Westwood Village.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/nick-the-greek-los-angeles-2?osq=Greek+Food

o.jpg

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
:suspicious: Do ----- :suspicious: Arby's Gyros count?
About a month or so ago I went to Arby's for the first time in years so I didn't even know what might be on the menu anymore. I saw this big promo poster for the Traditional Greek Gyro. It looked delicious.

So, I ordered a Gyro. I was asked if I wanted Beef or Turkey. I said Beef. I THOUGHT that meant I was ordering the Traditional Greek Gyro.

I took my order to eat in my vehicle. After about 2 bites, I immediately realized, "Heyyyyy, wait a minute! What's this? This looks like the regular Arby's Roast Beef meat." I went back inside and told them that my Gyro didn't look like the picture. They looked at it and said, "Sorry, but that IS a Beef Gryro." Confused, I went back outside to eat my Gyro. It finally dawned on me that I should have specified that I wanted the Traditional Greek Gyro ... NOT the Beef Gyro.

What I did immediately notice while there is that SON of a BITCH! Arby's is now extremely expensive!

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
Whoa! I just read on Google that apparently "Gyro" is pronounced "Yee-ro." WTF? Is that true? Are they serious?
You mean it's not pronounced "Ji-roh" as in "Gyroscope?"

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
My sister in law is Arminian, and when she had her engagement party, it was just a massive feast of Greek food, including a freshly slaughtered baby goat, slow roasted and carved up real pretty like. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever enjoyed. I can't stand grape leaves or Baklava, but the marinated olives, and peppers, along with other delicacies. You can't deny the Greek Empire brought culinary joy to the world.

My sister in law is Arminian, and when she had her engagement party, it was just a massive feast of Greek food, including a freshly slaughtered baby goat, slow roasted and carved up real pretty like. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever enjoyed. I can't stand grape leaves or Baklava, but the marinated olives, and peppers, along with other delicacies. You can't deny the Greek Empire brought culinary joy to the world.

My Russian grandmother used to give me Baklava all the time as a kid. I like it but it's so syrupy sweet that all you need is one. We had an Egyptian bookkeeper at this place I worked at and he brought in a box from an Egyptian Bakery. I had some and gave some to this black kid who worked for me who never had anything like that before. He liked it too but agreed how sweet it was. This Turkish place I go to sells great gift boxes of Baklava.

I'm more for stuffed cabbage than stuffed grape leaves.

I got take-out from Nick The Greek in Westwood Village tonight. Finally got something Greek that I want again soon. I got 4 Gyros (2 Lamb/Beef, 1 Chicken, 1 Pork Belly). They were all good but I like the Lamb/Beef one the best. This place is brand new and right next door to Fatburger on Kinross.