• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Hey Fellas, Do You Think It Would Be Good To Put A Can Of Chili In A Bowl Of Popcorn? I'd Ask My Wife But She's Not Too Much For Chili.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I really love Chili Fries and I also love Chili & Cornbread. What do you think about putting a can of chili in a bowl of popcorn? You can even put some cheese and onions on top if you may be so bold. I'd try it but I don't want to ruin a can of chili or a bowl of popcorn in case I don't like it so instead I ask you all. Thanks in advance for answering. You're very kind.

BcS8.gif

61k-JujbG+L._AC_.jpg

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Yes. Maximize earthy flavor on popcorn.

I prefer cumin spice and\or a sharp curry to round of a light, non salted popcorn.

Salsa also isn't too bad. YMMV

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I personally would put the popcorn into the chili. I might also go with cheese corn, instead of plain, although the cheese corn can get very salty. I don't see it as viable to dump the chili into the popcorn and eat it as a finger food snack, but to use it instead of crackers or corn chips is an experiment worth trying.

Do people still use jiffy pop? I tried it, and it was a lot of work for the same, if not worse results you could get from a popcorn popper, or even microwave.

And I think it was one of the Scary Movies that showed how it can be a fire hazard?

Everything is better with chili.

Damn straight!

Do people still use jiffy pop? I tried it, and it was a lot of work for the same, if not worse results you could get from a popcorn popper, or even microwave.

And I think it was one of the Scary Movies that showed how it can be a fire hazard?

I grew up in a home where my mother did not allow microwave ovens. Everything was cooked or warmed on the oven or in the stove. I went through a mountain of Jiffy Pop Popcorn as a kid and I still try to buy it when I see it. I prefer Jiffy Pop to microwave and feel it's worth the work. The corn is popped perfectly over the fire and the butter taste tastes more like actual butter that doesn't leave a film on the roof of your mouth like the microwave stuff.

Mr. Daystar

My mom used to make it in a cast iron pan, with some oil in it, I don't know how much of either she used, but it came out really good, and she usually had to make it in 2 batches because the pan wasn't real deep. She would put a big sauce pan lid over the skillet and shake it pretty vigorously. Probably why she could swing a wooden spoon so hard.

I use one of these babies:
1688696820612.png

You get the oil-infused kernels of pan-fried, but you also just put a stick a butter on the top, and it just melts onto the popcorn from the steam.
I agree microwave popcorn has that waxy taste, and I've never gone back since getting this. Air poppers don't have that oil or butter. So this is the best of all worlds IMO.

Mr. Daystar

We don't eat enough popcorn to justify buying one, but I like that melts the butter feature. We really should snack on popcorn more. If you don't drown it in butter, and over salt it, it is a healthy snack.

I really love Chili Fries and I also love Chili & Cornbread. What do you think about putting a can of chili in a bowl of popcorn? You can even put some cheese and onions on top if you may be so bold. I'd try it but I don't want to ruin a can of chili or a bowl of popcorn in case I don't like it so instead I ask you all. Thanks in advance for answering. You're very kind.

BcS8.gif

61k-JujbG+L._AC_.jpg
That's just gonna make soggy popcorn...

Mr. Daystar

Well if you weren't dumping bowls of chili into bowls of popcorn, you wouldn't be pinching loaves so big, they pinch back. :D And you would be able to avoid the fire. Unless the fire is coming out of your ass.

Well if you weren't dumping bowls of chili into bowls of popcorn, you wouldn't be pinching loaves so big, they pinch back. :D And you would be able to avoid the fire. Unless the fire is coming out of your ass.

Those turds were like Flamin' Hot Cocoa Krispies Treats.

Don't forget the Scorpion Pepper Tabasco Sauce.

41A3sDdGiuL.jpg

Mr. Daystar

Those turds were like Flamin' Hot Cocoa Krispies Treats.

Don't forget the Scorpion Pepper Tabasco Sauce.

41A3sDdGiuL.jpg
I don't do scalding hot, just to do it. If it REALLY does add flavor, I'll use it. I put a habanero pepper sauce called "Yucatan Sunshine", in almost everything I want to have some bite, or tang. Chili I use a whole bottle, pasta sauce, maybe a quarter bottle. Both are about a 28 qt. batch. I add powdered pepper in addition to, but habanero is the highest heat I've ever used. The next time I make a batch of chili, I'll ask the wife to look for some of those outrageous peppers, and I'll try one. What I do is, take one or two, poke a few holes into it with a toothpick, then let it swim arouns for a few hours, and fish it out at the end. You get a lot of the heat, but no one bites into a piece of simmering death.

I don't do scalding hot, just to do it. If it REALLY does add flavor, I'll use it. I put a habanero pepper sauce called "Yucatan Sunshine", in almost everything I want to have some bite, or tang. Chili I use a whole bottle, pasta sauce, maybe a quarter bottle. Both are about a 28 qt. batch. I add powdered pepper in addition to, but habanero is the highest heat I've ever used. The next time I make a batch of chili, I'll ask the wife to look for some of those outrageous peppers, and I'll try one. What I do is, take one or two, poke a few holes into it with a toothpick, then let it swim arouns for a few hours, and fish it out at the end. You get a lot of the heat, but no one bites into a piece of simmering death.

That Scorpion Pepper Tabasco Sauce is great and just tastes like thicker, spicier Tabasco Sauce retaining the same classic flavor of Original Tabasco Sauce.

We don't eat enough popcorn to justify buying one, but I like that melts the butter feature. We really should snack on popcorn more. If you don't drown it in butter, and over salt it, it is a healthy snack.
It really is. Super high in fiber.

It's not too expensive; I got mine on sale and I feel they go on discount regularly. At the very least, considering how cheap kernels are & how much you get out of a single batch, it easily justifies the cost over what you would spend on less healthy snacks like chips, etc.

Mr. Daystar

It really is. Super high in fiber.

It's not too expensive; I got mine on sale and I feel they go on discount regularly. At the very least, considering how cheap kernels are & how much you get out of a single batch, it easily justifies the cost over what you would spend on less healthy snacks like chips, etc.
We can't justify buying one, is my code for saying the wife buys to much shit, and clogs the counters and cupboards.

We can't justify buying one, is my code for saying the wife buys to much shit, and clogs the counters and cupboards.
Fair enough. It does take a lot of space - it's even larger than my air fryer, and I use that almost every day.

Mr. Daystar

Fair enough. It does take a lot of space - it's even larger than my air fryer, and I use that almost every day.
Now I caved on the air fryer, and went along with the purchase. I did that because it isn't a specialty item, and she was 100% correct when she brought home a George Foreman grill, so I figured she did her homework, which she always does. It's just sometimes she gets "Ronco Fever".