• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Help me with my english

This is about the word leave.

"Don't accept things from total strangers, you never know where it will leave you!"

Can I use leave or is lead a better word? In that case, why?
And why can I use leave?

"Don't accept things from total strangers, you never know where it will leave you!"

And why can I use leave?

This sounds better:
"Don't accept things from total strangers, you never know what it will lead to!"

And why can I use leave?

it is an improper construction, trying to say:

if you accept things from total strangers it likely have bad consequences.

as in, things from strangers will take you and leave you in a bad place, leave because you will not be able to get out of there. leave as in you have been put there by someone else who did not think about how you will get out of that place.

lead is not correct.

Thanx!

But is it possible to say or write the sentence with "...leave you?" And why?

I think that I can use leave, because the sentence is asking us where you will end up if you accept from total strangers. Like this:
"He was left with nothing after the episode" or "He was left with selfishness after the episode". Or am I way out?

Why is lead not correct?

This is about the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. Some say that my sentence(well, mine in this tread) is the moral of that story. Jack tradet his cow for some beans, which led him to steal the goose and the harp.
So, the strangers didn't thing of how Jack would do after planting the beanstalk and finding the world in the sky.

English is meant to be expressive. there are alot of right and wrongs but most of the time it depends on the message you are trying to convey. like most things the best way to learn is to do read a book preferably non-fiction if you are trying to learn then you knock down two birds with one stone.

Now for the real help what is the story about? Or the work you are doing that needs the proper english?

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020

And why can I use leave?

I am an english teacher. That is my full time job.
Both are 100% correct, leave or lead.
Leave simply implies the final outcome whereas lead implies the situations leading up to the outcome.

Here is a great website for you and all.
Common Mistakes in the English Language
http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html#errors

It is actually okay to say either but you should understand the difference. If something leaves you somewhere, then it is considered 'conclusive'. Whereas if you are lead somewhere then it suggests there is 'more to follow'.

Superman can see through leaves but cannot see through lead. :dunno:

No he can't, he can see through lead but he cannot see through leaves. That's why he flies so high, if he flew at tree level. He'd crash and die.

Supermans 2nd cousin found that out the hard way. Terry "Superman" Kent, we hardly knew thee - R.I.P :hatsoff: