• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Has the Word 'Racist' Lost Its Power?

White slave masters never admired their black slaves, yet white sports fans all around the world worship their favorite black athletes. Nike endorsements, sports arenas, and college campuses aren’t exactly what I’d call slave ships, chains or whips. Yet, if you listen to black activists, ESPN analysts Michael Wilbon and Jamele Hill, or Black Lives Matter, you’d get the impression that racism and oppression are just as prevalent in America today as it’s ever been. Nothing could be further from the truth, and most American’s instinctively know it.

Democrat overreach has caused a backlash amongst non-blacks. Black racism fatigue is real, and the left is making it impossible to root out real racism by yelling racist every time they “feel” offended by a white person. Congresswoman Frederica Wilson (D-FL) is the latest to claim White House Chief-of-Staff, Gen. John Kelly, used a racial slur when he implied she was an “empty barrel.” Nonsense! Outlandish accusations like that do nothing to stop racism or improve race-relations. To the contrary, unfounded racial assertions needlessly reopen old wounds by turning all whites into enemies without evidence or warrant.

Consider the fact that over 70 percent of NFL players are black, yet former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick recently filed a grievance lawsuit against NFL owners for collusion to keep him out of the league. Furthermore, ESPN’s Michael Wilbon, claimed Dallas Cowboys owner, Jerry Jones, was acting with a “plantation mentality” by saying if his players (employees) kneel during the national anthem, they’ll be benched. Sorry Mr. Wilbon, slaves never averaged $1.9 million annual salaries for playing a game they loved. What an insult to our ancestors! Americans of all political stripes are fed up with haughty liberals judging their heart and intentions based on skin color alone. Now, that’s racist!

https://townhall.com/columnists/carljackson/2017/10/24/has-the-word-racist-lost-its-power-n2399183

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
The word never really had any power.

White slave masters never admired their black slaves

More Jews, Arabs, and blacks had slaves than whites ever had.

70 percent of NFL players are black

Where's the diversity? The NFL and NBA need more diversity.

Kaepernick needs to go away.

https://vid.me/k80Y

https://vid.me/ey8o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tAlQLSmQqU

The Tripoli Muslim ambassador was very straightforward. He said, basically, "That's what we do. We are commanded to do so by Allah." Jefferson later wrote that the Tripoli ambassador told him, "It was written in their Koran that all nations which had not acknowledged the Prophet were sinners, whom it was the right and duty of the faithful to plunder and enslave; and that every mussulman (Muslim) who was slain in this warfare was sure to go to Paradise."

Completely taken aback by this revelation, Jefferson decided to look into the matter further, and did the one thing everyone should do: He read the Koran. He learned what Islam was about.

And when he became president, he expanded and then mobilized the United States Navy to protect American ships from Muslim piracy and then sent Marines to the shores of Tripoli, who soundly defeated the Muslim warriors. This brought an end to the "Barbary Coast Pirates." This was the first foreign war fought by the U.S. and military aggressiveness of Islamic countries remained contained and weakened for over a century.

http://www.citizenwarrior.com/2010/09/why-did-president-jefferson-read-quran.html

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
The word never really had any power.

More Jews, Arabs, and blacks had slaves than whites ever had.

There you go, WillE, you tell 'em! Like with all this stressing about rising sea-levels and ice-melting, look back at that big rock that pretty much wiped out all them dinosaurs, now THAT was some climate change I call MAJOR LEAGUE

And jews were ALWAYS the worst at ANYTHING, aight?

...Where's the diversity? The NFL and NBA need more diversity.

Kaepernick needs to go away.

The NBA needs to start recruiting all those skinny ginger-haired suckers and give those aces from the debate clubs a fightin' chance, too

Great idea!

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
There you go, WillE, you tell 'em! Like with all this stressing about rising sea-levels and ice-melting, look back at that big rock that pretty much wiped out all them dinosaurs, now THAT was some climate change I call MAJOR LEAGUE

And jews were ALWAYS the worst at ANYTHING, aight?

Global warming, no. :tongue:

Zionists/ Globalists cause too much trouble.

Agreed, about the NBA.

The Greatest White Players in NBA History

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Has the term “racist” lost its power? I guess it would depend on the person who is being called a racist. Some people may give that word immense power over them becoming weepy and emotional trying to convince the person who laid the tag on them they aren’t racist. Some others may roll their eyes and not care then use the name caller’s forehead to strike a match on. Other reactions somewhere in between the two I mentioned are also possible.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
The word racist jumped the shark when some asshat claimed the word "Moniker" was racist a while back. "Empty Barrel" isn't racist, either. And guess what, neither is President Trump.

Mayhem

Banned
When his father became chairman of the board in 1971, Trump was promoted to president of the company and renamed it The Trump Organization.[7][95] In 1973, he and his father drew wider attention when the Justice Department contended that the organization systematically discriminated against African Americans wishing to rent apartments rather than merely screening out people based on low income as the Trumps stated.

Despite Reyes' confession, in October 2016, when Trump campaigned to be president, he refused to acknowledge the Central Park Five's innocence and stated that their convictions should never have been vacated. Trump told CNN: "They admitted they were guilty. The police doing the original investigation say they were guilty. The fact that that case was settled with so much evidence against them is outrageous. And the woman, so badly injured, will never be the same."[84] Trump's statement attracted criticism from the Central Park Five themselves[85] as well as others, including Republican U.S. Senator John McCain, who called Trump's responses "outrageous statements about the innocent men in the Central Park Five case" and cited it as one of many causes prompting him to retract his endorsement of Trump.[86] Yusuf Salaam, one of the five defendants, said that he had falsely confessed out of coercion, after having been mistreated by police while in custody, deprived of food, drink or sleep for over 24 hours.[87] Filmmaker Ken Burns, who directed the documentary The Central Park Five, called Trump's comments "the height of vulgarity" and racist

Nope, not racist at all. And neither does Nawth Ca'linaw who has different names for white and black kids.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
Yes.

It's been watered-down form being too loosely applied. ( I could have said "liberally applied", but that would have been misconstrued.)

Just like other words have, like "addict" and "love".

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Yes.

It's been watered-down form being too loosely applied. ( I could have said "liberally applied", but that would have been misconstrued.)

I agree with this. Any time a word is overused, it eventually loses it's power or effectiveness. But I think the most overused word in the U.S. right now is misogyny. You can't have your TV on without some form of that word (misogyny, misogynist, misogynistic) being uttered by some whiny feminist.