• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Happened July 18. 1969

Status
Not open for further replies.
Senator Ted Kennedy deliberately drove his car into the sea.

Victims:

One 1967 Oldsmobile Delmont 88 was badly damaged, a secretary named Mary Jo Kopechne died and Ted Kennedy's presidency dreams shattered.

Where this happened:

Chappaquiddick Island

Why this happened:

Many theories have been put forward, but the most convincing is that the driver was a stressed Democrat

2.jpg

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Is this a history lesson? Why bother bringing this up? Both Edward Kennedy and Mary Jo Kopechne are deceased. Who really cares?

There was a deer in the road and he swerved to avoid it. If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you.

Truth is both of them were drunk. She was in the passenger seat passed out. He was driving. The incident ruined Edward Kennedy's political aspirations to become the third Kennedy brother to attempt to become President of the United States, but after this and the two assassinations of his brothers John F. and Robert F., his father Joseph, the former Ambassador to England, kept him from losing that seat in the United States Senate. He stayed on as one of the U.S. Senators from Massachusetts.

Though to be honest, he didn't have the persona of his brothers. He didn't have the right amount of charisma. The Yiddish word is chutzpah. If this incident hadn't happened, he would never have been elected President of the United States. He was just plain "stick in the mud" Ted.

So much tragedy in the Kennedy family.

Last edited:
Is this a history lesson?
In a way yes.

Why bother bringing this up?
Some people are interested in historical incidents related to politics.

Both Ted Kennedy and Mary Jo Kopechne are deceased. Who really cares?

Maybe their relatives care.

So much tragedy in the Kennedy family.
The career of a politician is full of problems and tragedies.
When someone makes decisions about common things he gets enemies if decisions cause problems for some.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I saw a great shirt at a gun show once. It said, "Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people then my gun."

It's funny because he was VERY anti 2nd Amendment.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
The career of a politician is full of problems and tragedies.

When someone makes decisions about common things he gets enemies if decisions cause problems for some.
Isn’t that the human condition? We all have problems and tragedies. Those of politicians, preachers, actors, etc, get publicized for our amusement.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
^Shit like this is why no one takes ass-man seriously.
Ya know, I really get what you're saying, but stranger things have happened with that family. I can see that drunken fuck doing that to take out a "chatty" vindictive woman. Now I'm not saying it did happen that way, and I get your point about assari, but think about some of the fucked up shit that has been pulled by our politicians,

Just throwing it out there X. It's one of those things, certain families might try....the Bush family, the Cheney's. Rich families, do odd shit, to cover up silly little indiscretions.

Count me in. John’s post was actually a way bit better though. One year earlier Ted’s brother was assassinated.
Maybe the two things are related.

One month later Woodstock happened. Coincidence?

Maybe coincidence maybe not. Very liberal-style events both.
This event has been rehashed so many times, why here and why now? Welcome back to the fishbowl.
Today’s young people don’t know this event but I don’t know why it came to my mind.

Maybe it’s somehow related to the new president of your country. Where there are liberals there are also obscure events.

Thank You.

A terrible case, but whether it was done intentionally is hard to say.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Ya know, I really get what you're saying, but stranger things have happened with that family. I can see that drunken fuck doing that to take out a "chatty" vindictive woman. Now I'm not saying it did happen that way, and I get your point about assari, but think about some of the fucked up shit that has been pulled by our politicians,

Just throwing it out there X. It's one of those things, certain families might try....the Bush family, the Cheney's. Rich families, do odd shit, to cover up silly little indiscretions.

Speculation is justified, but to state as a fact that, "Ted Kennedy deliberately drove his car into the sea.", is ridiculous.

Maybe Ted Kennedy wanted to get rid of a secretary who knows too much?

Maybe his intention was to kill himself and the person who is planning suicide may not care about the lives of others.

Speculation is justified, but to state as a fact that, "Ted Kennedy deliberately drove his car into the sea.", is ridiculous.
All I know is that a car will not suffer such major damage unless the person who controls it makes some significant mistake:
1200x0.jpg
Huge speeding

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
All I know is that a car will not suffer such major damage unless the person who controls it makes some significant mistake: Huge speeding

Major damage and significant mistakes like huge speeding doesn't automatically make it a deliberate act.

Status
Not open for further replies.