• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

DuanCulo

Staff member
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.E.R.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFwC3Ryue6CorFm2xCEG0Aw
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Used_to_Know_Her

Gabriella Wilson[1][2] better known professionally as H.E.R. (pronounced "her", acronym for Having Everything Revealed), is an American singer and songwriter. Before gaining notability as H.E.R., Wilson rose to fame by participating in Radio Disney's Next Big Thing in 2009. She later signed to RCA Records at the age of 14 and released the single "Something to Prove" under her real name in 2014.

Wilson re-emerged in 2016 with the H.E.R. persona, releasing her debut EP H.E.R. Volume 1. She then released subsequent EPs H.E.R. Volume 2 (2017), The B Sides (2017), I Used to Know Her: The Prelude (2018) and I Used to Know Her: Part 2 (2018). Her first compilation album H.E.R. was released in October 2017, consisting of tracks from the singer's first two EPs plus six additional songs. H.E.R. was nominated for five Grammy Awards at the 61st Annual Grammy Awards in 2019, winning Best R&B Performance and Best R&B Album.

In 2019, she was nominated for five awards at the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year for I Used to Know Her and Song of the Year for "Hard Place".

Background information
Birth nameGabriella Wilson
Born1997
Vallejo, California, U.S.
Genres
Occupation(s)
  • Singer
  • songwriter
Instruments
  • Vocals
  • guitar/piano
Years active2009–present
Labels
  • RCA
  • MBK Entertainment
Associated acts

Early life[edit]
Wilson was raised by a Filipina mother and an African-American father. She comes from the Bay Area of California and has a younger sister. She was introduced to the public as a hard working +dedicated child , covering Alicia Keys on piano on the Today Show,[1] before competing on Radio Disney's The Next BIG Thing when she was 12 years old.[3]

Addressing the secrecy over her identity, H.E.R. has said: "The mystery is a metaphor for who I am, or who I was at the time of creating the project... I feel like oftentimes we don't like to be open as people about our emotions or things that we are going through. At the time [of recording], I was very closed off except for when I was writing or when I was in the studio."[4]

She explained further: "I am a voice for women who feel like they're alone in these situations. This project came from emotion, and that's what I want it to be about – not what I look like or who I'm with, but the raw emotion and support for women."[5] To NPR she said, "I feel like this is the era of the anti-star. I really just wanted it to be about the music, and get away from, 'Who is she with?' and 'What is she wearing?'"[6]

I Used to Know Her is the second compilation album by American singer H.E.R., released on August 30, 2019, by RCA Records. The album comprises songs from the singer's EPs I Used to Know Her: The Prelude (2018) and I Used to Know Her: Part 2 (2018), and includes five additional songs, as well as extended editions of the songs "Going", "Be On My Way", and "Lord is Coming".[2][3]

The compilation received a nomination for Album of the Year at the 62nd Grammy Awards, marking H.E.R.'s second consecutive nomination in that category. Lead single and the Bryson Tiller-featured "Could've Been" earned two nominations for Best R&B Song and Best R&B Performance and second single "Hard Place" received two nominations for Song of the Year and Record of the Year.[4]

DuanCulo

Staff member

DuanCulo

Staff member

DuanCulo

Staff member

DuanCulo

Staff member