• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Guitar Hero: Metallica

Anyone who plays guitar hero or rockband is TOTALLY GAY. Yeah. Do you feel like a real man with your plastic Fisher Price toy guitar??? What a bunch of fags...

I certainly wouldn't call them "fags", but, as a Guitarist myself I would encourage them to pick up the real thing!

With all the wasted time and effort they put into a game, it would just make more sense(to me at least) to actually learn a real and rewarding skill that could open up a world of possibility. Every girlfriend I've ever had I met while playing a gig and everything I own was bought with the proceeds from the guitar!

It's gonna be a damn good selling game. There are tons of Metallica fans and even more people looking for a good challenge with rhythm games.

I'm sorry. But, a video game is not challenging!

Pick up the real thing if you want a challenge!

I really hate the "buy the real thing" argument. I play a real guitar and Guitar Hero and have fun with both. If anything guitar hero is a pretty damn good method of warming up your fingers before playing the real thing.

I really hate the "buy the real thing" argument. I play a real guitar and Guitar Hero and have fun with both. If anything guitar hero is a pretty damn good method of warming up your fingers before playing the real thing.

How long have you been playing???
I've haven't had to worm up since about 6 months after I started(12 years old)... Strengthening and building up the calluses on your fingers is what all that practice is for!

Whats your rig?

I just started almost a year ago, but I don't practice as much as I really should. I use an Ibanez RG5EX-1 as my main guitar, but also have an American Strat that I play around with once in a while.

I just started almost a year ago, but I don't practice as much as I really should. I use an Ibanez RG5EX-1 as my main guitar, but also have an American Strat that I play around with once in a while.

Gotcha, If the Ibanez has a wizard neck that may be why you need to worm up... I had a JEM with the the original wizard neck and for some reason my hand would get fatigued faster(we're talking hours faster) then on any other guitar I've ever owned, I only had it for a couple of months and because I couldn't play it live I had to trade it in for an EB/MM Axis... which I still have!

Are your guitar's setup for you personally???
If not, I can talk you through most of it as most of it you can do yourself... I do them every day in my shop and I'm always amassed when somebody comes in for their first setup, to see the look in their eyes when they do a run through... It's like somebody let them in on a secret!

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
For anyone that is interested, the demo is now available on Xbox Live.

yea, but not the best choice of songs. Typical crap demo, the sound is good though, so I'm sure the real game will be a blast!!!

:banger:

Legzman

feels like there bleeding guitar hero for all its worth feel it'll fade out soon

yea it will. Rockband will take over. They aren't nearly as in your face about things as GH is and they've got hundreds of songs already for DLC. With at least 3 more every single week!

Shortest Straw, Dyers Eve, Orion, Battery.

Heh. Good luck drummers.

Legzman

for those who have played it how is it? Its on the way from gamefly for me should be another day or 2. I don't want to buy it cause it will no doubt piss me off at some point. But I am curious how well the game plays, sound, etc...since GH sound has always been a little off.

This game is awesome, a must have for metal lovers (that like plastic guitar games). So many amazing songs in one package, definitely the best overall setlist in any GH game.

A few of the later songs are a pain in the ass on guitar though. Some are almost all constant strumming and really damn hard to keep a combo going on transitions.

If anyone has any specific questions, aside from drums or multiplayer (haven't tried it yet) feel free to ask.

I got mine yesterday morning. I too pre-ordered it and got the extra pedal. The game so far is really cool. Im not that good at it yet and am playing on MEDIUM. I have however tried the guitar and a little bit on the drums. Its really fun so far...... just got to get better at it:nanner:

People that say "you should play a real guitar" are fucking idiots.

When people play NHL 09, do you say "go play real hockey"? or if they play CoD 5, do you say "go join a real war"? shut the fuck up and let people play video games. That's the point. Besides, the guy has probably never touched a real guitar in his life.

I thought about getting this game until I found out there is no rythem/lead for the guitar. Do they even listen to Metallica?