• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Greatest Guitarist Of All Time

bahodeme

Closed Account
The interesting part to me was the lack of jazz guitarists such as Wes Montgomery. If it was best rock guitarists, then a criteria is set. When you say guitarists of all time, one would think that includes all genres of music (including Classical).

George Thorogood. Best freaking bar band ever!

Steve Lukather is one of the most underrated guitarists of all time.

Somebody should rep you for that. I can't. Good call.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
Thurston Moore at 99? Come on.
In fact, I would fuse he and Lee Ranaldo as one guitarist. The two can literally create emotions as their strings dance upon each other.

Thurston Moore at 99? Come on.
In fact, I would fuse he and Lee Ranaldo as one guitarist. The two can literally create emotions as their strings dance upon each other.

Hey,I love Sonic Youth,but let's now get crazy here.Thurston Moore is far from being a "great" guitarist.Don't get me wrong,he's very talented in what he does,but I just don't think that he has the chops to be labeled great.

Personally,I think that Prince is probably THE most underrated guitarist in music.He's easily better than half of the top ten on that list.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Jerry Garcia
Albert King
Robert Johnson
Alvin Lee

Yeah, where is Alvin Lee? Don't get me wrong, I'm a Beatles fan - but you don't put John Lennon on the list, if you are missing Alvin Lee on lead guitar.

Exhibit # 1 - Alvin Lee and Ten Years After's performance of "I'm Going Home" at the Woodstock Festival in 1969:

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Omissions:

Robin Trower
Steve Howe
Leadbelly
Andres Segovia
Wes Montgomery
Earl Klugh
Larry Carlton
Maybelle Carter
Doc Watson
Julian Breem
Django Reinhardt

...what a fucking joke that article is...

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Omissions:

Robin Trower
Steve Howe
Leadbelly
Andres Segovia
Wes Montgomery
Earl Klugh
Larry Carlton
Maybelle Carter
Doc Watson
Julian Breem
Django Reinhardt

...what a fucking joke that article is...

I agree.
Don't forget about:
Noel Gallagher
George Lynch

Mayhem

Banned
Ted Nugent?? Not there. :(

Agreed. Not really a big Nugent fan, but any list without him (especially 100, fer chrissakes) is an invalid list. Double Live Gonzo will always be the quintessential Hard Rock (not Heavy Metal or any other side term, Hard Fuckin' Rock) albums in history.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
It's a classic rock focused list by and for hippie bastards.

Shifty---Voice of Reason.

They probably wrote this article on their $700 laptop in their Maytag box that smelled like piss and shit before the cops came and bum rushed their show!
WORD!!!

Killer B

I Like Big Tits! (song by Joe Walsh)
Jimmy Page for me so I can accept his # 3 spot. Agree Nugent and Trower are glaring omissions.