• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Greatest Fictional Archaeologist?

Greatest Archaeologist?

• Total voters

DR. B

Closed Account
Nathan Drake ftw. I'm a big Indiana Jones fan, but Uncharted owns that series so hard.

Nathan Drake stumbles around clumsily killing people until coincidence does the thinking for him. This "fortune hunter" is such a blatant Indy ripoff, the only reason he doesn't have a whip is console players would wonder where its trigger was. Relic recovery is so utterly secondary to his skill-set that his story would work exactly the same if he was a trash collector pushed to the edge by a gang of exceptionally well-armed litterers. He sees something, he picks it up and kills everyone in between. And yet he wouldn't know late classical bronze unless they cast their precious metals into 5.56mm jackets.

The video game series Uncharted is also very heavily influenced and inspired by Indiana Jones. The main character, Nathan Drake, also shares many similarities with Indiana Jones himself, both visually and personality-wise. The design team felt the sources shared themes of mystery and "what-if scenarios" that romanticized adventure and aimed to include those in Uncharted.

No guff^^^

I'll still take Uncharted over Indiana by a slight margin. The games are more immersive than the movies, imo. Hopefully they don't shit the bed with the Uncharted movie.

edirons22

...currently wanking!
Indiana Jones is the greatest but Lady Croft is hotter :flame:

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
She couldn't make it.

I would love to see another reunion, with every single model of Lady Croft.