• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Ghost Recon Wildlands

Got back into this.

Ubisoft is still supporting the hell out of this game over a year after launch with ever more content.

Here is an example of stellar tactical co-op play:

the players sound like they're military or former. teamwork.

I've got the original GR & Future solider on my backlog. How are they?

As in the OG pc version from early 2000s? That one is really good including it's expansions Desert Siege and Island Thunder. On the PC of course never played those console versions. Future Soldier is good and is the first that uses the Sync shot mechanic - tag enemies then fire on them simultaneously.

Wildlands is a whole different beast. It's the first open world non-linear game in the series and I think is the largest area in any open world game so far. And Bolivia is beautiful. There's also RPG elements with skill and equipment upgrades.

And it's the first that utilizes the core US Special Forces mission of being a force multiplier by recruiting a much larger indigenous force - in this case a bunch of Marxist rebels fighting against both the corrupt government and the Santa Blanca drug cartel which has basically taken over the country. The whole enemy of my enemy is my friend thing.

Not sure if they're the games you're referring to, but I was talking about Advanced War fighter & Future Soldier for the PS3. They came in a 2 pack.
I gotta get into those games so I can score those Uplay rewards!

I also got a Ghost Recon DVD mini-movie for free at a Gamestop. I think it was a tie-in/bonus for Future Soldier. I love it when game companies do stuff like this.

Not sure if they're the games you're referring to, but I was talking about Advanced War fighter & Future Soldier for the PS3. They came in a 2 pack.
I gotta get into those games so I can score those Uplay rewards!

I also got a Ghost Recon DVD mini-movie for free at a Gamestop. I think it was a tie-in/bonus for Future Soldier. I love it when game companies do stuff like this.

Advanced Warfighter and Future Soldier are fine in their own right, but they're a totally different game than Wildlands and don't really compare.

They did a short movie for Wildlands too and it's top notch:

Advanced Warfighter and Future Soldier are fine in their own right, but they're a totally different game than Wildlands and don't really compare.
They did a short movie for Wildlands too and it's top notch:

I love stuff like this.

Ubisoft has commissioned/sponsored Corridor Digital to do some of these as well (Far Cry Blood Dragon, AC Black Flag, Splinter Cell Blacklist etc). I guess they didn't do one for Wildlands since they already hired Anubis Anger

A caribou in the wild. Grazing upon verdant lands.

Is it me or does the guy seem to have an elongated neck? It reminds me of those glitch videos where characters look like those aliens from Attack of the Clones.

They explain that during the in-game dialogue. Their last deployment was to Myanmar which is home to one of those tribes that wears those neck rings to elongate the neck as a symbol of beauty. Long <ahem> story short, he lost a bet with his buddies and ended up to 32 rings. Unfortunately for him, it stayed that way. They kid him about it all through the game too with their longneck beer cracks. Props to the devs for putting that in.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I wished the game was better. It looked great, it looked promising, the UI and squad setup was sexy time...
and then I played the game. The AI is super useless, on it's own. But it does a hell of a job in keeping you alive, drawing attention to you via firing on anything it (cheatingly) can see and shoot at from 100m away... and all so you can soak up the lead and be a one man army. Except for a sync shot. But then the guy needs to get into place for a shot... and... and.... POOF HE TELEPORTS OR CAN SEE THRU A BUILDING!!
So yeah, not my thing. I need a squad based game... that is a SQUAD BASED GAME.
Farcry 5 would fulfill that role, except that it pushes it WAAAAAYYY too far. The enemy should NOT have an endless supply of strafing planes. I should NOT have a bear, a cat, a dog, a helicopter and a prop plane at my beck and call. Ever.
But gimme 2 average soldiers and let me play with our placement, approach and weaponry and we'll light 'em up 9 times outta 10 without a problem.
On the flipside of squad based games... how about army of two types? Army of two is a bit too rigid ~ not bad games for their time, but still an 'army of one' with AI partner. And one of my past favorites... Rainbow Six Vegas II. An army of three game that, like all previous rainbow six games... makes your enemies and squaddies WAAAAYYY too twitchy and accurate. Jam the difficulty up and I'm leaning on them to get me thru a stage. wtf Tom Clancy, people cannot aim with a controller like we do IRL.

I wanted to like wildlands. But better AI and human couch co-op partners spoiled me. I expect things. :)

Yeah, the teammate AI could be improved. Nothing like hearing "man down!" over my earpiece then going back and finding the rest of my team dead on the train tracks because they couldn't be bothered to get out of the way of the train.

Also, I wish they would implement CQB - stacking up to a door, breaching then clearing the room. You know, like actual operators and how Ubisoft did it with the Rainbow Six games.

When the lead starts flying, I just issue the general "Fire" command and just let them do their thing.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
The main character looks like a gaylord.

There, I said it.

Ubisoft is treating this game like it's baby by continuing to nurture it and let it suck on it's teet.

Special Operation 2 is being released. Yes.

Ghost mode is for real. Only one primary weapon at a time, realistic reloads and ammo, and permanent death.

I'm gonna have to start the campaign all over again. and finally get into multiplayer.

I never went into multiplayer. But I am fucking exited for Ghost Mode - and afraid because of permanent death. Can I disable it?