• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

General Tso's Chicken... Any Good???

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I've always liked Chinese Food and still order it fairly often. I usually order the same stuff with little variation. Basically, Hot 'n' Sour Soup, BBQ Ribs, Egg Roll, Fried Rice, Kung Pao, Orange Chicken, and maybe an additional dish or two. I was, and still am, really considering ordering some General Tso's Chicken even though I am afraid I might not like it. I actually had General Tso's Chicken once but it was a bag of frozen PF Chang's General Tso's Chicken that I bought at Ralph's. I was so excited and eager when I bought it only to then cook it, dump it in a bowl, dive in head first, then experience the horribly disappointing and unsatisfying taste. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression and this was my first impression of General Tso's Chicken. That was years ago and I want to give General Tso's Chicken another shot. Many people like it and I usually like heavily seasoned dished.

general-changs-chicken-18907.png

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
It's fake Chinese at its best. Well, I think fake Chinese at its best is the sweet and sour pork, chow mien, and fried rice at the China buffet.

Now, don't get me wrong, I know proper authentic Chinese food, but I still get cravings for the America versions too. It's like Taco Bell, it's not Mexican, but it's still kinda good.

Also, now I want Chinese. Fucker.

General Tso’s cat is pretty damn good. I switch back and forth between that and Pepper steak and Sesame cat.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Who the fuck is General Chang? Ohhh, PF Chang's think they're still funny. Right.

This thread prompted me to order it last night from my local Chinese delivery so here's my review. For starters, I'm not big on sweet and sour anything. I don't hate it, just don't prefer it. Is the chicken supossed to be breaded? I think it would have been better if it wasn't. On the combo platter of General Tso it came with fried rice. I think it would have been better with chicken fried rice. The rice was so bland you had to drench it with duck sauce, ick!! But although I would have made improvements, it was OK. Would I order it again? No, I should have got my regular Beef and Broccoli. The sides were amazing tho, pork egg rolls, crab Rangoon's, steamed pork dumplings.

Attachments

• ezgif-4-356a2bc0a7.jpg
    ezgif-4-356a2bc0a7.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 129

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Motherfucking Chinese food. I swear, every time I see it, I need that shit in my belly. Even the Americanized crap. It's good. Kinda.

Hold up, I ordered General TAO's chicken last night. I think they were in the same army though. But yeah, it was damn good. I f'n love chinese food. That's my choice if I were shipwrecked on a desert island and could only be airdropped one kind of food for the rest of my life (because airdropping food from a chinese restaurant for life makes more sense than a rescue).

Hold up, I ordered General TAO's chicken last night. I think they were in the same army though. But yeah, it was damn good. I f'n love chinese food. That's my choice if I were shipwrecked on a desert island and could only be airdropped one kind of food for the rest of my life (because airdropping food from a chinese restaurant for life makes more sense than a rescue).

Sheeeit, gimme that with some whiskey and mah reefers and I wouldn't want to get rescued ;)

DrakeM

Toronto catholic river wideners club member
I love General Tso's chicken, way better than the Colonel's chicken.

You guys are brave. I don't eat chicken from any fast food places anymore. Having two bouts of food poisoning [one from Popeyes, one from KFC] put an end to that.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Tomorrow my friend is coming and we're making Chinese at home. I blame this thread for helping make it happen.

If you want proper Chinese food then you need to go to China. I had this in a restaurant in Xi'an a couple of years ago. My phone translated the the dish on the menu as 'crispy chicken'. 100% accurate as it turned out.

Attachments

• 20160804.jpg
    20160804.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 98
I don't think we are talking about travel agents for going to different countries.

Just a simple is this good that I can pick up in the frozen aisle?