• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Former Secretary Of State Colin Powell Dead

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
He thought about running in 2000 until W got into the race. In retrospect, he probably would have been the better choice.

I don't know what to think about him : was he dove in a falcons' nest, forced to roll the war drums 'cause the President and the Secrtary of Defense wanted him to ? Did the Falcons in the administration (Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc.) rubbed off on him ? Or was he just a real falcon diguised as a Dove ?

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
He thought about running in 2000 until W got into the race. In retrospect, he probably would have been the better choice.
Fuckin assari would have been better then that fuck wit.

Thank you for moving the thread, I meant to put it here, but posted it at the same time as the Thelma Lou obit, and just lost my train of thought. I also forgot about the obit thread completely, until you brought it up.

A long time ago I might have had some respect for him, but then when he was in the Bush administration he was one of the main perpetrators of the lie about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction even as the position he was in gave him a clearer picture than almost anybody else of how shaky and unreliable the evidence was for it.

Maybe he had become just too much of the good soldier to the point of it being a fault, but I don't care. That doesn't absolve him. Any public servant's loyalty must come first to the people of this country above the administration they serve. Considering the events he greatly participated in ending up sending our nation into conflict for decades, killed thousands of people, and cost our nation and unthinkable trillions of dollars that was either totally lost or went to war profiteers, I have a hard time looking upon him in a good light.