• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Former Marine, Pens Response To Dianne Feinstein Gun Control Bill: 'I Am Not Your Servant'

Mayhem

Banned
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ne-feinstein-letter_n_2410076.html?ref=topbar

A United States Marine veteran has penned a response to California Sen. Dianne Feinstein's gun control proposal, saying the government has no right to take away his weapon: "I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve."

Former U.S. Marines Cpl. Joshua Boston wrote a letter to Feinstein regarding her assault weapons ban, a proposal announced in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School that left 20 children, aged 6 and 7, dead.

The letter written by Boston, who was deployed to Afghanistan in 2004, was first posted on CNN's iReport on Dec. 27.

Via CNN iReport:

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government's right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma'am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

Boston goes on to say that he is not a "subject," "servant" or "peasant" and should not be punished because of the acts of an evil man. "I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public," he writes.

Boston's anti-gun control letter has since gone viral, but he is not alone in his pro-Second Amendment sentiment.

"This gun grab, this attack on the Second Amendment, is just the latest in a long list of usurpations of our Constitution," RedState blogger Ulysses Arn writes. Alex Jones of InfoWars calls it "the effective END of the Second Amendment in America."

Feinstein's bill would ban the sale of semi-automatic weapons, strengthen the 1994 "Assault Weapons Ban" and tighten regulations for grandfathered weapons. “When you have someone walking in and slaying, in the most brutal way, 6-year-olds, something is really wrong,” she told Fox News Sunday last month. “This is one effort and other things we should do to try to put weapons under some kind of appropriate authority."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/mar...your-subject-i-am-the-man-who-keeps-you-free/

One U.S. Marine was more than a little displeased with California Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s draconian gun control proposal, which includes an assault weapons ban and provisions on handguns and even “grandfathered weapons.”

The letter, written by U.S. Marine Joshua Boston, was titled “No ma’am” and was first posted on CNN iReport on Dec. 27. The letter has since gone viral and has been shared extensively on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, as it seemingly has resonated with a segment of the American population.

Read Boston’s entire “No ma’am” letter below and then share it with others:

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl,
United States Marine Corps
2004-2012

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I was just reading this, before I came on. I would love to meet this man, and buy him a case, and a fifth....because a shoot and a beer just isn't enough. EVERY WORD he wrote, rings true and should resonate in the minds of EVERY single American. The fact he addressed it to her, only makes it sweeter, She, along with pelosi, and biden, should share the charges of treason, that should be levied against obama, bloomberg, and clinton.

I hope the gun owners of this country can unite, and not only back this wise citizen, but join him. I can only hope that for once, the NRA earns the money I've spent on my lifetime membership, and defeat these threats to freedom.

i usually stay out of political discussions (arguments) because they tend to get messy because people get overly emotional, stop listening to one another and then you have a shouting match that might lead to a fight. in this instance, i'm just going to give my two cents and keep moving:

guns main purpose for being is to kill, whether it be a deer or a bear or some guy climbing through a window to your house. my dad was a marine (and wounded veteran of the korean war) and his philosophy was that if you were going to shoot someone (or something), you'd better kill them because wounding them might just make them mad. given that, how much sense does it make that when you purchase a car, you must register it with the state (and city, depending on where you live), provide proof of insurance and you yourself must be licensed to drive it and that license is regularly renewed and you are tested on your knowledge of the rules of the road and your ability to see and hear.

to purchase a gun in many states, there is no requirement other than you have the money. some states actually require that you're not a convicted felon and are not currently wanted by authorities. once you own that gun you can do with it as you wish, and are not required to store it safely or even demonstrate that you have the ability to use and maintain it. should your mental or criminal state deteriorate, you are not required to sell or dispose of your weapons (unless you become convicted of a felony) and you can continue to purchase more as long as you have the money to do so.

there is a faulty sense that the right to bear arms is absolute, despite the fact that the world we live in is far different in most respects than the one during which that amendment was written and ratified. at the very least, as any responsible gun owner should know, that right carries with it an equal if not greater amount of responsibility. unfortunately, we don't live in that perfect world where everyone who has the right to bear arms should. in fact, i'd be willing to say that a good percentage of the people who have guns are not responsible gun owners, much like many of the people who own cars aren't responsible drivers. i feel it is my responsibility to help society in any way i am able to, and if it means that i have to register my weapons and have to settle for a 10-round clip in my .380 instead of the 14-round clips i have now, then that is a small price to pay for the life it may save. i live in chicago, in one of the most violent neighborhoods in the world outside of a war zone, and if i'd be ok with a few less bullets in my gun, when i'm more likely to be the victim of gun violence than 95% of the people in this country, then those other 95% might just be ok.