• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Final 2009 "your game of the year" awards

your choice for 2009 game of the year.....

• Modern Warfare 2

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Infamous

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Batman:arkham asylum

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Killzone 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Halo:ODST

• NHL 10

• Left for dead 2

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Assassins creed 2

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Uncharted 2

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other or some Wii game

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
I took a look at the release list and I cant find any game due out in December that can contend with the shit thats out already so I think its time for the "final" game of the year awards. And if there is something that comes out before the end of the year or something thats not listed than the "other" selection takes care of that.....post a runner up if you'd like.

Uncharted2 for me,hands down no competition........killzone 2 runner up.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
Gotta go with MW2 of course thats the only game on the list I've played. I've heard great things about AC2 though!

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
the only other game on that list I'm even interested in is AC2. Don't give a damn about the others or don't have a PS3. When I borrow my buddies its only gonna be for bluray movies and GoW3.

Assassin's Creed 2. It's the only game on that list that overcame a mediocre predecessor to turn out to be something special (well Killzone 2 overcame it's predecessor as well). Runner up goes to Batman: Arkham Asylum. Actually these two games could trade places as well since Batman had to overcome a lot of awful games.

Assassin's Creed 2. It's the only game on that list that overcame a mediocre predecessor to turn out to be something special (well Killzone 2 overcame it's predecessor as well). Runner up goes to Batman: Arkham Asylum. Actually these two games could trade places as well since Batman had to overcome a lot of awful games.

I'd take Infamous over Batman. Batman was already established with his story,gadgets,characters etc. It was a good game but got repetitive and tedious. I hated how you had to wait for the X button to show up in front of an object to iniate your climbing over it,that hindered the freedom and flow. Assassins and Infamous characters flow as you control the game,just keeping climbing if somethings in your way. Infamous was built from the ground up too with original concepts.

Im with you on Assassins 2 it is an outstanding game but Uncharted shits on everything this gen when it comes to all phases of a videogame. Its not even close....

Interesting you say that because I thought the first one was trash (I haven't played the second one yet)

Interesting you say that because I thought the first one was trash (I haven't played the second one yet)

The first one was the pure definition of mediocre. It was an interesting and good concept but a repetitive mess at the same time. It wasn't really memorable and most people could take it or leave it. Assassin's Creed 2 was a lot different. It was an enjoyable game with plenty to do and I thought the story was pretty engaging. Ubisoft pretty much listened to the criticisms of the first game and fixed them for the second one. Is it perfect? No. There are some minor issues here and there but they are pretty minor. Now I haven't tried Uncharted 2 which everyone seems to go on and on about but I may check it out when it gets cheap. Can't play the second one without playing the first one and with God of War 3, Super Street Fighter IV, and thinking about buying Tekken 6 (after renting it), Uncharted is the last thing on my radar and as far as Infamous goes, I absolutely did not like the controls of that game so that's a pass all the way.

im hooked on dragon age right now for the pc. but i would like to play uncharted because i heard its good.

The first one was the pure definition of mediocre. It was an interesting and good concept but a repetitive mess at the same time. It wasn't really memorable and most people could take it or leave it. Assassin's Creed 2 was a lot different. It was an enjoyable game with plenty to do and I thought the story was pretty engaging. Ubisoft pretty much listened to the criticisms of the first game and fixed them for the second one. Is it perfect? No. There are some minor issues here and there but they are pretty minor. Now I haven't tried Uncharted 2 which everyone seems to go on and on about but I may check it out when it gets cheap. Can't play the second one without playing the first one and with God of War 3, Super Street Fighter IV, and thinking about buying Tekken 6 (after renting it), Uncharted is the last thing on my radar and as far as Infamous goes, I absolutely did not like the controls of that game so that's a pass all the way.

Cool, I might check out AC2 when it has a dropped price. Damn, I need a PS3 with all of theose games mentioned.

Spleen

Banned?
MW2 is the obvious choice for game of the year, so I went with Batman instead.

Batman:arkham asylum, great game very good graphic, smooth controls brill story. maybe not as much re-playablity but hey i love it. and one of the best superhero games around

Arkham Asylum was great and if I get Infamous and / or Assassin's Creed on XXXMas, they'll be on the top I'm sure. I've been itching to try Infamous so it'll probably be my pick.