• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

"Fifth Beatle" George Martin Dead at 90

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Perhaps the most unheralded part of the genius that was the Beatles has passed away. Sir George Martin, who signed the musical group to their first record deal and was in charge of production on every single one of their albums except Let it Be, died on Tuesday at the age of 90. His influence not only on their music in particular but on the entire evolution of the rock genre cannot be overstated. Most people don't know that he contributed both by writing and producing (and, in some cases, performing) significant and classic parts of their music ensemble. Here is a great example....he wrote and produced this classic string-quartet backdrop to Eleanor Rigby that undoubtedly gives the song its haunting and melancholy, almost desperate, overtone. Pure genius.

R.I.P. Sir George. Thank you for your magnificent contribution to music. You shall be missed.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beatles-producer-george-martin-dead-at-90-20160309?page=2

Perhaps the most unheralded part of the genius that was the Beatles has passed away. Sir George Martin, who signed the musical group to their first record deal and was in charge of production on every single one of their albums except Let it Be, died on Tuesday at the age of 90. His influence not only on their music in particular but on the entire evolution of the rock genre cannot be overstated. Most people don't know that he contributed both by writing and producing (and, in some cases, performing) significant and classic parts of their music ensemble. Here is a great example....he wrote and produced this classic string-quartet backdrop to Eleanor Rigby that undoubtedly gives the song its haunting and melancholy, almost desperate, overtone. Pure genius.

R.I.P. Sir George. Thank you for your magnificent contribution to music. You shall be missed.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beatles-producer-george-martin-dead-at-90-20160309?page=2

Thanks for the memories.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
George Martin. :angels: Yes, a man of many sounds. A great engineer and the great producer of the Beatles albums for EMI Records. :clap: He will be missed.

But .... :2offtopic

The Fifth Beatle?? No. He died in 1962 in Hamburg Germany. He was John Lennon's best friend and Astrid Kirchherr's husband. Stu Sutcliffe was his name.

stu-sutcliffe.jpg

Paul McCartney took Stu's bass guitar and he learned how to "strum up"on the guitar as well as position his right hand backwards. Paul did that as well as flip the guitar 180 degrees because Paul was a lefty and Stu was a righty. He first did it at The Kaiserkeller Club. Paul later did buy his first Höfner 500 bass guitar for a lefty when he showed up two days later to play with the band.

freeones_regina

Administrator
Never heard of this guy before but I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking about George RR Martin when I read the news headlines and thinking "fuck, now we're never going to get the rest of the books"! :D

Never heard of this guy before but I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking about George RR Martin when I read the news headlines and thinking "fuck, now we're never going to get the rest of the books"! :D

George RR Martin is still alive but you still won't get the rest of the books!