• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Feel good story of the day

All the negative shit on the news just gets depressing after awhile. Stuff like this needs to be highlighted more often:

Tarrant police officer delivers groceries to woman caught stealing eggs at Dollar General

Tj0JofI.jpg

By Carol Robinson | crobinson@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on December 10, 2014 at 4:26 PM, updated December 10, 2014 at 7:20 PM

TARRANT, Alabama - Helen Johnson stared in amazement at the piles of food accumulating in her small Tarrant apartment on Wednesday.

"The last time I saw my house this full, I was 12-years-old and staying with my grandmother,'' said the 47-year-old mother and grandmother. "I've been crying all day."

On Wednesday, Tarrant police delivered two truckloads of groceries to the woman, who on Saturday was caught stealing five eggs from the nearby Dollar General. Instead of arresting Johnson, Tarrant Police Officer William Stacy bought her a carton of eggs and sent her home with the promise to never shoplift again.

That in itself, Johnson said, was a blessing. But those blessings now seem to have taken on a life of their own. Tarrant police said they've received calls from across the United States and world since hearing of Johnson's plight. People have offered food, money and clothing.

It's been so overwhelming, said Tarrant Police Chief Dennis Reno, he had to bring in a second police dispatcher to handle the volume of calls. Police officials today also set up a fund at People's First Federal Credit Union on Ford Avenue in Tarrant to benefit the Johnson family.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/i...e_officer_deliver.html#incart_related_stories

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
We really focus too much on bad things happening. There are so many kind spirits out there, too. We just blend them out too much.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Those discussions about a number of police officers in Ferguson and New York, the pictures of some guard randomly pepperspraying a line of protesters and so on takes us away too easily from the majority of very good men and women who are trulyx a pride to the country they try to keep safe every single day. And it is sad when I meet people who say that 'all cops are pigs' or 'never trust the system' and such.

I had a lifesaving eyperience with a soon-to-be police man, who pulled me out of the water when I almost drowned during an epileptic seizure. A friend and I had a band and we rehearsed at his place. Two houses next door lived the village's police officer, he used to say, as long as you sound as good as that, you go on play that music, and we had a couple of beers with him after rehearsal.

State troopers surprise boy for his birthday after no-one turns up from his class

April 11 2016

No-one from 10-year-old Toxey Andrew's class showed up for his birthday.

So, a group of state troopers in Arkansas in the United States turned up at his front door after his mum posted a heartbroken message on Facebook.

His mother, Angela Andrews, said she didn't know where to start because thank you did not seem enough.

"After I made a post about Toxey being disappointed that noone came to his birthday, an Arkansas State Trooper heard about the post. What ensues is the stuff dreams are made of."

The troopers arrived, with presents, a police dog and a a birthday cake.

"Not only did they bring him a birthday cookie cake, but they also brought him all kinds of presents, let him play with Rino, the dog, and play with the sirens in their cars.

"They ate his cake with him and played basketball with him. All out of the goodness of their hearts."

"They made this [nobabe]sweet baby's[/nobabe] day, his year!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will never be able to repay the kindness you showed my family today!!

"Come on friends, let's make these guys famous."

The 10-year-old told KTHV the troopers brought him a lot of stuff and made their own birthday party for him.

"I cried a little bit because they did that for me."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/p...birthday-after-no-one-turns-up-from-his-class

Bless those guys.

Tarrant police officer delivers groceries to woman caught stealing eggs at Dollar General

Yes indeed this is feeld good news. But it raises one question : How is it that even possible that, in the world's richest country, at a time whe the economy is booming, a woman ha no other solution to put food on her table than to steal eggs ?

Yes indeed this is feeld good news. But it raises one question : How is it that even possible that, in the world's richest country, at a time whe the economy is booming, a woman ha no other solution to put food on her table than to steal eggs ?

The economy wasn't booming. We were in the midst of Obama's tepid recovery. And she did have other options.