• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Ex-leader Shinzo Abe critically shot in shock Japan attack

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Hard to believe. He's in severe condition.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/japan-ex-leader-abe-reportedly-031004756.html

9f047887fa58502196ea6733c636e9df

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
No, He died. He was pronounced dead at the hospital, despite massive efforts and blood transfusions.

Mr. Daystar

It's been a VERY long time, since I've heard of any leader of a nation being assassinated. Even in countries that have strict laws, they usually double or triple security. In fact, the last assassination I honestly can recall, was Anwar Sadat, in Egypt, at least 3 decades ago. I know attempts have been made, but all unsuccessfully/

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Wow. Assassinated with an ‘improvised gun’. It was the first in Japan since 2007. Let’s hope there aren’t any copycats in waiting.

Since it was a campaign event, security was probably stretched thin. With tight gun restrictions they probably get into a comfort zone.

Still coming to grasps from the shock of something like this happening in Japan, out of all countries.
He was a great leader and willing to stand up against China and N.Korea.

This is one of those times it's reassuring it happened in a country with a death penalty. You don't get much more serious than assassinating a (former) leader of the country, and being apprehended with absolutely no doubt of your guilt, you can bet this will not take long for the sentence to be handed out.

Notice that Abe wasn't the Prime Minister of Japan anymore. He had retired about 18 mounth ago due to health issues.
Still, a catastrophic event.
It's been a VERY long time, since I've heard of any leader of a nation being assassinated. Even in countries that have strict laws, they usually double or triple security. In fact, the last assassination I honestly can recall, was Anwar Sadat, in Egypt, at least 3 decades ago. I know attempts have been made, but all unsuccessfully/
Answar Sadat was assassinated on October 15th, 1970. That's nearly 5 decades ago
Closer to us, you probably remember Yithzak Rabin, Prime Minister of Israel, who was murdered in 1995

Also, even tought it happened in a war context, leaders such as Mouammar Ghadaffi or Saddam Hussein were, technically, murdered

Last edited:

Mr. Daystar

Notice that Abe wasn't the Prime Minister of Japan anymore. He had retired about 18 mounth ago due to health issues.

Answar Sadat was assassinated on October 15th, 1970. That's nearly 5 decades ago
Closer to us, you probably remember Yithzak Rabin, Prime Minister of Israel, who was murdered in 1995

Also, even tought it happened in a war context, leaders such as Mouammar Ghadaffi or Saddam Hussein were, technically, murdered
I know he wasn't current, but he retired, and left on an apparently very good note. I would think he would get the same love, as the new guy does.
I don't recall hearing about the Israeli Prime Minister. I must remember Sadat because it fell before my high school partying years. Which carried on far past high school.
Neither Ghadaffi, or Hussein were murdered. They were terminated in the name of justice. They chose to head down the path they did, and they got what they deserved.

gmase

Sadat signed the peace accords with Begin after meeting with Jimmy Carter. That happened in 1978. Sadat was then assassinated in October 1981. (Four decades ago.)

Sadat began his tenure as President on October 15, 1970.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
The President of Haiti, Jovenel Moïse, was assasinated last year. A year ago Thursday. On July 7, 2021. There is a thread about him here in the Politics and Religion Forum.

@Boris Karloff Lee Lucas started it.

https://www.freeones.com/forums/thr...e-harvey-oswaldd.1006554/page-2#post-11114778

Early July? Assassination? Intrigue? Two threads started by Dino. Hmmmmm? Very Interesting.

Is Dino a secret agent? :unsure:😳:LOL:

Last edited:

Mr. Daystar

Sadat signed the peace accords with Begin after meeting with Jimmy Carter. That happened in 1978. Sadat was then assassinated in October 1981. (Four decades ago.)

Sadat began his tenure as President on October 15, 1970.
Didn't they do a drive by at an airport, and kill him because he was trying to make peace with Israel?

The President of Haiti, Jovenel Moïse, was assasinated last year. A year ago Thursday. On July 7, 2021. There is a thread about him here in the Politics and Religion Forum.
I know this is a totally dickhead thing for me to say, but I was thinking more along the lines of world power, or high profile leaders. Haiti has a lot of corruption, so I don't even know who the good guys, or the bad guys are.

I know he wasn't current, but he retired, and left on an apparently very good note. I would think he would get the same love, as the new guy does.
Apparently he was murdered by some nutjob who though Abe was part of some kind of cult
Police said the suspect had confessed and had a grudge against what was described as a “specific organisation” he believed Abe was a part of.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/08/man-arrested-for-after-fatal-shooting-of-shinzo-abe

gmase

Didn't they do a drive by at an airport, and kill him because he was trying to make peace with Israel?
The killed him because he actually made peace with Israel. It was a drive by during a military parade.

Mr. Daystar

The killed him because he actually made peace with Israel. It was a drive by during a military parade.
It makes you wonder how that part of the world might have progressed, had he remained alive, and held office for a time. It was a very long time ago, but I seem to remember, that area was enjoying a peaceful co existence for the first time, in a long time, and finally seemed to be settling down, and relaxing.

He's getting genuine heartfelt condolences from Obama & Trump, Taiwan and South Korea, The EU, UK, India and even Russia.
Tells you the impact this guy left on the world.