• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Elon Musk seeks to take Twitter Private

Elon Musk says he will not join the Twitter Board.

Now, Musk says he wants to take Twitter private, which he believes would enable the platform to better serve the “societal imperative” of free speech through alternative policies and an open-sourced algorithm.

Over the years, Twitter has struggled to grow its business meaningfully, with its stock nearly flat to where it was in 2013. The company is now worth ~$35B.

Musk’s net worth has ballooned to ~$259B during the pandemic. In an interview following the news, he said he doesn’t “care about the economics” of Twitter.

A Twitter insider told The Information the company’s board plans to fight the bid.

I'm not a big Twitter user, but I've been tuning in every day for the drama.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Besides keeping people from making fun of him, Musk's main motivation for ruling Twitter is to bring back The Orange Pig.

Musk's Boring Company that wants to rid cities of traffic by building tunnel networks raised $675m at a $5.7B US valuation

Power corrupts. Twitter's policies are authoritarian, regardless if you agree with them or not. In a sense there would be no change in that if Musk took over Twitter.

His track record of making money by trying to provide clean energy, reduce pollution, explore space, and improve the quality of life. The more I think on this, the more I'd rather see Musk in control of Twitter. It is a platform that has had the ability to change world events or make them. His platform of more open speech, assuming that is what he'll deliver, can only be good in my opinion.

Many from the US left and right seem to be posting about Donald Trump as part of the Twitter buyout. Elon Musk hasn't and I don't think he cares. When Trump decided to leave the Paris Accord, Musk promptly left Trump's Advisory council. For all of the whining, I haven't seen evidence of negative intent by Elon Musk.

I think it is better that the platform be controlled by a person with a face rather than a faceless group that is yet another entity that hides behind "We're a corporation".

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I think it’s good to have to wait until the 4th grade before the school starts grooming your kids. Even The Pope would wait that long.

FOFRaEkUcBEpHGH

Last edited:

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
I think it’s good to have to wait until the 4th grade before the school starts grooming your kids. Even The Pope would wait that long.

FOFRaEkUcBEpHGH
I am certain a new school district would have been in order. Fortunately, not a decision we ever had to make.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member

FOFRaEkUcBEpHGH
Two answers for this.

1. First, the nice one:

Is this person a LGBTQ lady? She is probably a really nice person and a good educator. I'd shake her hand and leave.

2. Here's my second response. It is a very bias answer. Sorry, I don't want to offend anyone. But I probably will.

She/He looks like Drew Carey with a piercing on his/her upper lip and with a green wig or hair extensions. :oops:

If it was someone's grandchild, the grandparents should go to the principal, take the child out of the school and bring him/her to another elementary school in the district. (My town has about six other elementary schools.)

Just not getting this. Is this a movie? Who are these people?

Last edited:

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
I used the exploding head emoji, Dino was just adding some 'life' to it I guess.
I did a Tineye search on that .gif. It is a movie called Scanners (1981) starring Michael Ironside and Stephen Lack. With Patrick McGoohan and Jennifer O'Neill.

The gif is of Darryl Revok (Ironside) who is talking and a smiling scanner at a ConSec event.

I'm sure I've seen the movie before. I have to watch it again. Maybe it is on youtube.com?

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
I did a Tineye search on that .gif. It is a movie called Scanners (1981) starring Michael Ironside and Stephen Lack. With Patrick McGoohan and Jennifer O'Neill.

The gif is of Darryl Revok (Ironside) who is talking and a smiling scanner at a ConSec event.

I'm sure I've seen the movie before. I have to watch it again. Maybe it is on youtube.com?
There were 3 of them and I am not familiar with any. Jennifer O’Neill was hot back in the day.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Scanners is a good flick. One of David Cronenberg’s early ones. He did Shivers and Rabid before Scanners then Videodrome and The Fly afterwards. I recommend all of them.

There is some part of me that wants to see Twitter fail as it like almost all major social media services have become a net negative for society and the world. If Elon Musk ever got control of it that desire goes up by many factors as it would give me pretty good joy to see both Twitter go down and that prick lose billions of dollars at the same time. It's too much to ask for I know, and good things like that rarely come about, but one can hope. About the only thing better would be seeing him explode riding solo on one of his rockets, but then that would end up reflecting badly on the engineers and scientist that built it and don't deserve it.