• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Eaten Alive ; Discovery Channel to air video footage of a man being eaten alive by an anaconda

Discovery Channel urged not to air footage of wildlife filmmaker being eaten alive by an anaconda because it is 'animal cruelty'

Paul Rosolie fed himself to a 30ft green anaconda in the Amazon jungle
Footage of the New Jersey native's stunt is due to be shown on December 7
But petition urging the station to cancel the show has 21,000 signatures
Claims it is 'animal abuse' and enforces a 'negative stereotype of snakes'
Insiders have said neither Rosolie or the snake was hurt during the act

The Discovery Channel has been urged not to show footage of a man being eaten alive by a snake because it is 'animal cruelty'.

New Jersey native Paul Rosolie fed himself to a 30ft green anaconda in the Amazon rainforest for a program that is due to air on December.

But more than 21,000 people have signed a petition saying the stunt should not be televised because of the perceived risks to the animal, and claims that it 'reinforces the negative stereotype of snakes'.

The petition, started by Ben Paramonte, reads: 'This is animal abuse to the highest degree and absolutely disgusting, and could kill the snake - an adult green anaconda cannot fit the width of an adult man's shoulders into it's body.

'It once again reinforces the negative stereotype of snakes, which one would think would be the opposite of what Discovery should be trying to do.

'Please sign this petition and boycott the Discovery Channel and get this show taken off the air.

'I've been fascinated by snakes my entire life, and feel this stunt is void of educational value while ruining Discovery Channel's credibility. The show promotions even show the host holding an anaconda by the head as if he's about to be attacked.

'That's perpetuating stereotypes that condition people to fear these animals. Humans are not their natural prey!

'No matter how it ends, this is animal cruelty from start to finish so I hope you will support me.'

Paramonte added that producers of the show asked him to be part of the stunt as a scientific advisor.

He turned down the offer, saying he was 'shocked and saddened' someone would want to film such an act.

During the stunt the 26-year-old American took the precaution of donning a special snake-proof suit he devised to protect against the creature’s digestive juices.

It is believed he was covered in pig’s blood to make himself appetising to anacondas, which usually eat wild pigs, deer, capybaras and caiman, and was pulled out by a cord attached to the suit.

Insiders said the snake did not die and Rosolie has since tweeted in response to animal lovers who have accused him of cruelty and demanded the show be axed.

‘I would never hurt a living thing,’ he said. ‘But you’ll have to watch to find out how it goes down!'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aker-eaten-alive-anaconda-animal-cruelty.html

I have no problem with the Discovery Channel making entetainment instead of actual discovery 'cause that's where the money is. If people don't wanna watch documentaries anymore, no one can force them to watch and if the channel wants to go on, it must adapt to the people, to the audience.
My problem is that this shows does the exact opposite about what a real "discovery" channel should do : it's painting Anacondas are monsters. But they are not monsters, they are animals who eat because they are hungry, attack because they feel threatened, etc...

And pretending that the snake wasn't hurt during the filming of the show is bullshit : Ok it's still alive and not injured. It still shouldn't have to go through the pain, discomfort, and fear of a man trying to crawl back out of his stomach.

bahodeme

Closed Account
Since he tweeted, he is still alive & kicking. Therefore I have no reason to watch.