• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Eagle Scout Suspended from school

This kid who is not only an Eagle Scout but also completed basic training and is a Guardsmen was suspended for nearly a month. All over a 2" folding pocket knife that is not against the state or school board law to posses.

The irony here is that the training he received in basic is far more dangerous than any knife. Let alone high school kids with cars, kids in chemistry class, home economics....you get the point.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,566182,00.html

I would like to know in the history of pocket knives when one has opened itself, unlocked a car, and done foul to someone? I recall hunting classes in schools and bringing guns to school. Or shop class with all sorts of dangerous power tools.

WTF over!

that is stupid!

I thought he had it in his pocket, but in his car? come on!

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
political correctness again, making the wrong people pay for the actions of others.
but it feels soo good.
hate to say it but we need huge $$$ lawsuits to stop ths kind of stuff, or a good old violent revolution.

jasonk282

Banned
I would go to the School Board meeting in my ACU and read the policy to them and ask why am I suspended? Get the local news stations involved.

Alright, I will agree the punishment is severe but the important question you need to ask is "How did the school staff find out that he had a knife in his locked car?"

He either showed it to someone, or talked about it. Judging from how he described it, it was probably well hidden anyway.

Stupid rule, but doubt he wasn't without fault.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
These educators should be fired first and than sued to the extreme.

According to him another student told on him. To boot the knife was part of a survival kit he kept in his car in case of an emergency. How about they search everyone's car for kicks and see what they find.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
If it is in his car it is non of their concern. If he had it in his hand and was shoving it in people's buttholes it would be different.

That's what I dont get; It was locked in his car and moreover in a survival kit. He even reasoned that baseball bats carried around by athletes at the school are far more dangerous and readily available. Again its NOT against NY law or even the NY school board law to have the knife he had. There was no violation of law or school board rules.

This is simply some local school principal and superintendent flexing their muscles and showing America how tough and ignorant they are!

All over a 2" folding pocket knife that is not against the state or school board law to posses.

Again its NOT against NY law or even the NY school board law to have the knife he had. There was no violation of law or school board rules.

Source?

2411 POSSESSION OF WEAPONS ON SCHOOL GROUNDS

No person shall have in his/her possession on School District property, at school events, or on school buses any object, whether licensed or not, that can reasonably be considered a weapon and which could be used to inflict any physical harm, property damage, and/or disturbance of the public order. This prohibition shall also include any object which would reasonably be considered a realistic facsimile of a weapon. Exceptions to these prohibitions are not possible without the explicit permission of the District Superintendent.

Unlawful possession of a weapon upon school grounds may be a violation of the New York State Penal Law, and is a violation of School District policy and the Student Discipline Code of Conduct.

Penal Law Sections 265.01-265.06

http://www.monroe.edu/policies.cfm?pid=51

General outlines of school weapons and search policies:

Since most states have criminal laws prohibiting juvenile possession of certain weapons and drugs, as well as mandating school expulsion, a youth caught with either drugs or weapons is also likely to be facing charges in the juvenile or adult court systems.

http://www.abanet.org/crimjust/juvjus/cjweapons.html

Have you been to basic training for any military force ever? They teach you how to kill by hand (at least I learned that) so what will they do next ban Guardsmen who happen to be students from school also?

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
^^ Wouldn't that also include, but not limited to: baseball bats, basketballs, hockey sticks, baseballs, shotputs, javelins, hammers, screwdrivers, and saws?

Since it doesn't matter if they are licenced or not. I'm sure if someone made a big enough fuss anything could be taken out of schools.

jasonk282

Banned
^^ Wouldn't that also include, but not limited to: baseball bats, basketballs, hockey sticks, baseballs, shotputs, javelins, hammers, screwdrivers, and saws?

Since it doesn't matter if they are licenced or not. I'm sure if someone made a big enough fuss anything could be taken out of schools.
Yep and don't forget car keys, once placed between the index and middle finger while in a clenched fist is a pretty burtal weapon.
Have you been to basic training for any military force ever? They teach you how to kill by hand (at least I learned that) so what will they do next ban Guardsmen who happen to be students from school also?

Exactly, even if his MOS is computers he attended BCT and knows choke holds, throws, arm bars and other moves that can be deadly.

Pens and pencils would probably have to fall under that category. They might be more dangerous than a two inch knife. Don't forget about those plastic cafeteria sporks.

This is what is wrong with our world today. Just plain stupidity on part of the school.