• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Dutch government to ban cannabis sales to tourists

georges

Staff member
a good move :thumbsup:

A bit of an explanation is needed.

Like it's said in the article, I live in a border town which has to deal with a lot of drug tourists. That isn't really much of a problem, unless you live near a coffee shop, but,

1.) coffee shops aren't open 24/7

2.) Coffee shops are generally more expensive than street dealers

Tourists with limited amounts of money and tourists visiting when the coffee shops are closed are in fact fueling criminality. When I go to my own train station with a camera, I'm nearly always asked if I want to buy some pot by kids that should be in school.

Also keep in mind that the sale of cannabis is still illegal in surrounding countries and that a lot of tourists buy cannabis to sell in their own country. Since they officially can only get 5 grams per coffeeshop & since they'd have to hop from coffeshop to coffeeshop to get more than 5 grams it's usually easier to buy larger amounts from street dealers.

Since cannabis is actually grown in the Netherlands these days (15-20 years ago we still imported most of it, because we don't have the climate to grow it), usually in abandoned factories & houses and since most dealers (& their bosses) usually stay close to their source of money, the amount of dealers in border towns has skyrocketed. Combine that with the EU's open border policy & once again with the unwillingness of our neighbors to adopt our policy, has left us in this situation.

Still, since the coffee shops need something to sell & since the indoor plantations won't go away, I doubt it's a solution.

Errr .... I'm sure I brought this up when the news that the US gave the Dutch a fake moon rock.

SHHHH! There may be Dutch government spies everywhere stealing my ideas :eek:

HAS THE WORLD GONE INSANE!

Spleen

Banned?
They'll bring it back once their tourism fails.

jod0565

Member, you member...
There are plenty other venues for "tourists" to get their chronic, I'm sure.

boobmanz

I love big booty too!
I don't care bout the drugs, but they SHOULDN'T take away the ladies....

Well that's the next step. Within a couple of years there's not much left of the Amsterdam Red Light District. Better get used to it. It's the Islamic/Christian fundamentalists that rule the Dutch nation now. After next elections probably neo-nazis will rule The Netherlands. Liberalism that made this nation such a fine place to live, has pretty much gone extinct.

Well that's the next step. Withing a couple of years there's not much left of the Amsterdam Red Light District. Better get used to it. It's the Islamic/Christian fundamentalists that rule the Dutch nation now. After next elections probably neo-nazis will rule The Netherlands. Liberalism that made this nation such a fine place to live, has pretty much gone extinct.

Luckily there's still a red light district here where I live in Antwerp....