• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

DSL : What's Your 2022 Internet Speed?

What is your Internet Connection Bandwith?

• 2 or more Mbit/s

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 1 Mbit/s

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 750 Kbit/s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 Kbit/s

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 250 Kbit/s

• 100 Kbit/s

• 50 Kbit/s

• 25 Kbit/s

• 10 Kbit/s

• Less, as in...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I have made these polls several times over the last years, and am curious where we stand right now.

Today, I noticed my Internet Service Provider (ISP) offers an upgrade in both upload/download 20 times the speed I have now plus other features for 5 Euros more, so I blow a hole in the wall, so to speak. Just made the deal.

So, what is your connection speed? Any old-school-56k-modems?

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I think it's a 1MB, I just use it, the wife pays the bill. We can both stream TV, and computers at the same time, so it works well.

The slowest package my provider offers is 25MB. I usually only get 10MB speeds. I've always had issues with the provider, but it's the only one in this area. Some nights it drops off so low that I don't have service at all. Phone rep says there is nothing wrong, and a technician can come out for $150 for each time.

DrakeM

Shave his belly with a rusty razor
Just tested it, got 543.6 megabits download and 15.8 megabits upload. Plenty fast for Freeones. I should say this is cable, not DSL.

Last edited:

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
How the hell is your upload faster than download?

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
When they added a new CO in my neighborhood, my DSL speeds saw a good enough jump that I didn't feel the need to upgrade to Fios or faster package. Even at 10-15Mb, you can download a full movie in about 15 minutes. I think the main reason you need more than 25mb is if you have kids who hog the bandwith.

@Xombie3000

How is it going? You're in the same boat as me, but I'm finally upgrading my service, since it turns out with the "new customer" offer, I can get gigabit internet for less than DSL.

View attachment 1032621

This is today. We'll see tomorrow if it's worth the jump...

It comes and goes for me sometimes. For the past two days I've had a lot of issues staying connected. I have Cox Communications and I don't have any other option where I live. The last time I contacted them I was told it would be $175 for a tech to come out to see if there is a problem with the wires, and it would be $175 for each visit after also. Just ran a speed test and it's okay now and I'm at around 30 Mbps, but late last night I tried watching something on Youtube and the video kept pausing. Speed test last night showed I was at a 240 Kbps.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
This week, after a long period of waiting etc. ...
Our community center got WiFi (Here in Germany, it is called "WLAN", Wireless Local Area Network"), and landline phone on the side.

100 K speed, enough for multiple visitors to be online and no stutters etc.