• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Don't support the troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, even though you might agree that the real evil doers are the leaders who send people into an unjust war. We also can not deny that the ones who actually pull the triggers are the soldies themselves.

Some might excuse them and say that they have no choice but to go, that they might be in a financially tough situation and need the money. Or that they are patriots who mistakenly believe that they are fighting for the good of their country.

But if you enlist in the military for the money, what are you then, other than a mercenary, a hired killer? And isn't it the responisbility of everyone to consider their own actions? No matter if your leaders tell you that going to war is the right thing to do, you still have the ability to think for yourself.

If you go to another country and kill people in an unjust war you are still a murderer, even if you are wearing a uniform.

Smittmaestro

Center of the fothermucking universe
Welcome to my Ignore List dipshit.

Say hey to your buddy Ted Rall for me.

-cs™

Smitty said:

-cs™

Wow, such intelligence. Hopefully all of the posts that follow won't be consistent with yours.

jod0565

Member, you member...
What is your justification for the first post?
Were you in combat? Did you feel like a merc?
I for one applaud the troops overseas fighting there. I may feel the war on terror is not being handled properly, but I do not hold any government position to make policy changes.
The US soldiers who are there, enlisted and knew what they may be getting into, sure, but I believe most of them are proud to serve their country. If they are not, then of course they can up and leave whenever they want - even if the consequences would be bad. They have a choice even now.
If you have not served in the military, I think you may just be venting your opinion right now because maybe you just saw some CNN or something.
And, no, I have not served, that's why I keep my opinions on these matters low key - I have not walked in their shoes.

Wow, talk about ignorant. Hmmmmm lets see, im in Bahgdad, im about to go into battle and have a sudden attack of morals and guilt, so i tell my commander i refuse to go into battle. Then im brought up on charges of insubordination and thrown in jail. Yea that makes alot of sense. When you join the military, you are , in a small way, not able to make your own decisions. Everyone who joins the military knows this, and to call them mecernaries?? What the fuck do you call a bunch of towel heads who fly a few jets into a skyscraper and kill thousands of innocent people? Are they patriots? Dont get me wrong im against the war, but for soldiers to question orders and go against them?? Sorry you are extremely narrow minded. We all have the abliity to think for ourselves, but in the military that ability is not an option, to have a bunch of soldiers making decisions on their own? Yea great idea, the military would fall apart, a bunch of free thinkers running around doing whatever they feel is right. I hate that american soldiers are dying for Bush and Cheneys greed, but we dont control their choices, and neither does the military. Maybe if someone you knew died as the result of some ******* blowing himself up youd look at things a bit different. I feel sorry for people like you who have such a narrow minded view of things

Trigger1286 said:
Now, even though You Might agree that the real evil doers are the leaders who send people into an unjust war. We also can not deny that the ones who actually pull the triggers are the soldies themselves.
Some might excuse them and say that they have no choice but to go, that they might be in a financially tough situation and need the money. Or that they are patriots who mistakenly believe that they are fighting for the good of their country.
But if you enlist in the military for the money, what are you then, other than a mercenary, a hired killer? And isn't it the responisbility of everyone to consider their own actions? No matter if your leaders tell you that going to war is the right thing to do, you still have the ability to think for yourself.
If you go to another country and kill people in an unjust war you are still a murderer, even if you are wearing a uniform.
Wow, where to begin with this one. Lets see, im a soldier in Iraq and decide im not going into battle because i dont believe in what we are doing here. Im brought up on insubordination, and thrown in jail. Makes alot of sense. Lets let everyone in the military make their own decisions, lets have a bunch of free thinkers running around doing what they think is right, no discipline, no oreder, no chain of command. I hate that we are in Iraq, i hate that american soldiers are dying for the greed of our President and VP. But to call soldiers mercenaries, murderers? What the fuck would you call a bunch of towel heads who crash a couple of jets into a skyscraper and kill thousands of innocent people? Would you call them patriots? Maybe a soldier should go into battle and not kill anyone, maybe he should just wait to be killed. When you join the military you know, fully, that your ability to make decisions is taken away and if you dont like it, dont join. Maybe if you knew someone who was killed by some nut blowing himself up, You Might look at things differently. If you go to another country and DONT kill people in an unjust war, that makes you one of two things....a convict, or dead. YOu have an extremely narrow minded view of things, i feel sorry for you.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
********** said:
I'm sorry to disappoint all of my friends that are in the military, who have family or friends in the military, or who believe that anti-military sentiments are anti-American, but I feel the same way as Trigger.

He has accepted the arguments that "it is the man who sends the troops to war, not the troops, that must be blamed" and that some "need the money" or wish to "protect the country, not kill innocent people" but those arguments don't stand up, for me.

No matter what the excuse, no matter what the justification, I believe that it is wrong to take up arms and go to another country in the name of your own country. I believe killing is wrong - end of story - and I believe to become a soldier is to become inhumane. I believe that the drills and training are designed to MAKE these young men and women inhumane, so that they can undertake inhumane activities and kill with less remorse.

I believe the only legitimate army would be a U.N. army, deployed for peacekeeping only, and only with the votes of at least 80% of world nations (or thereabouts) and at least 4 of the 5 security council members. The army would be made up of troops from every nation, proportional to the size of their military, and they would work together. Only this army would be legitimate, and any other army going into any other country for any other reason would be in violation of international law and that country would face strict sanctions and ultimately the threat of military action from the globally representative army. This army would not go in with guns blazing, but strictly to remove the leaders who were responsible for the illegal actions against another country, and to allow a democratic vote amongst the people for the replacement government.

I have told soldiers to their faces that I believe the very concept of the military is wrong and I blame every soldier as much as every commander and every politician for every drop of blood that is shed by military means, and while many find the idea ridiculous (I believe many are brainwashed, and in America brainwashing does not start at enlistment, it starts at birth and in anthems and pledges of allegience and schoolrooms and on TV etc), there are some soldiers I know in the U.S. military who HAVE BEEN THERE agree with me (to a point). There are plenty more documented cases of those who have been to Vietnam saying the same thing Trigger and I are saying.

For me, for always, with no compromise, military = evil. I don't care who they are protecting. I don't care how brave you tell me they are. The Afghan military, the Iraqi, Iranian, Israeli, American... the lot... my own British military... yobs... :) all of them. The concept and all it entails is inhumane and inherently wrong, in my heart and in my mind, and always will be.

The only military I will ever support is U.N. peacekeepers. Any other military are, for me, paid assassins, mercenaries, mind-numbed casualties of nationalistic propaganda, and competely dead to the concept of respect for life.

Fox
I certainly support your right to have and speak your opinion. The only problem with your viewpoint is that not everyone has it. I no longer agree that the Iraq War was necessary(although the one in Afgahanstan was) but as long as there are some people who are either taught that might is right or the the weak are targets then the need for a military is absolutely essential. And even if the entire Human Race suddenly gets rational and decides not to study War no more, can we always be sure that one of the other races in the universe might not show up and decide to take what they want. Your thoughts are sort of like the basis for Communism, that is From Each According to his Ability, to Each According to his Need. The problem comes in the execution.

Not even worth my time, or anyone for that matter. Pure trolling IMO.

Go join your friends at Westboro and DU.com (aka DUh.com)

Everyone has their own opinions and they are entitled to it. The only thing here that truly offends me is the thread title. Telling us "Don't support the troops" is simply trolling at its worst. I served my country. Before you judge us, why don't you try serving yours...

Last edited:

mr_goldfinger

Closed Account
Smitty said:

-cs™

damn is just say this opions and call him dipshit just because i dont belive in war you are a freaking moron dude ! ignore me i dont care !

Last edited:

4G63

Closed Account
What about the children we gave our food to? The irrigation ditches we helped dig? The food we helped plant? I suffered a leg injury and had no medical supplies because we gave it all to a small town we passed through. My friend, may he RIP, grabbed and shielded a young girl in Afghanistan and took many rounds to his bare back to protect her, from her own "freedom fighters" He died so that she may live. Hours before a bombing raid spent frantically going door-to-door, hut-to-hut, evacuating people, risking our lives. Showing a community how to make mud bricks for building, people so deprived by their country the couldn't make mud bricks. We left and they could raise a barn.

We earned the trust of those people in the Afghanistan hills, I even write to them still, they had no contact with the outside world. Now they have showers, crops, books, and a reason to live.

How dare you judge us. You were not there. All you know is what TV has shown you. You fucking puppets.

Smittmaestro

Center of the fothermucking universe
mr_goldfinger said:
damn is just say this opions and call him dipshit just because i dont belive in war you are a freaking moron dude ! ignore me i dont care !
Well I'm speaking my opinion and exercising my freedom to put this brain donor on my ignore list.

That okay?

Hope so.

Oh btw look up Ted Rall's opinions on the military, they're just like Trigger's.

-cs™

mr_goldfinger

Closed Account
4G63 said:
What about the children we gave our food to? The irrigation ditches we helped dig? The food we helped plant? I suffered a leg injury and had no medical supplies because we gave it all to a small town we passed through. My friend, may he RIP, grabbed and shielded a young girl in Afghanistan and took many rounds to his bare back to protect her, from her own "freedom fighters" He died so that she may live. Hours before a bombing raid spent frantically going door-to-door, hut-to-hut, evacuating people, risking our lives. Showing a community how to make mud bricks for building, people so deprived by their country the couldn't make mud bricks. We left and they could raise a barn.

We earned the trust of those people in the Afghanistan hills, I even write to them still, they had no contact with the outside world. Now they have showers, crops, books, and a reason to live.

How dare you judge us. You were not there. All you know is what TV has shown you. You fucking puppets.

yes what you do is cool i dont see on your point of view . am not for war why the soldiers have the kill or been kill that i dont accept that is just a too big price too pay for it yes you change live of people for that i respect you for that !! violence is nerver the anwser ! i dont now if the message was for me but i say my point of you to you !

mr_goldfinger

Closed Account
Smitty said:
Well I'm speaking my opinion and exercising my freedom to put this brain donor on my ignore list.

That okay?

Hope so.

Oh btw look up Ted Rall's opinions on the military, they're just like Trigger's.

-cs™

you dont like trigger is cool but the fake you attack im just because is again war !

mr_goldfinger

Closed Account
Smitty said:
Let me voice my support for 4G63.

I see no reason for him to be "In the red" for taking this guy to task.

-cs™

4g63 is no in the red is just say what is live whit lot of emotion , i dont offense my one bite :)

Status
Not open for further replies.