• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

DOJ Warned Trump Admin about Flynn Call with Russia

The Justice Department warned the Trump administration last month that Michael Flynn misled administration officials regarding his communications with the Russian ambassador to the United States and was potentially vulnerable to blackmail by the Russians, a person familiar with the matter told CNN.

A White House official also confirmed the Justice Department warning.

The concern was raised after Flynn claimed he did not discuss with the Russian ambassador the sanctions being imposed by the Obama administration in retaliation for Russia's interference in the election. Flynn was not yet in government.

The message was delivered by then-Acting Attorney General Sally Yates. Other top intelligence officials, including James Clapper and John Brennan, were in agreement the White House should be alerted about the concerns.

The Washington Post first reported the Justice Department message.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/13/politics/michael-flynn-justice-department-warning/

It's CNN so TIFWIW...What would we be saying if this was Crooked Hillary's National Security Advisor? #FairandBalanced

Pence's credibility is now shot to hell. He went on national television and backed up Flynn. SMH

You're nuts. Flynn resigned for exactly that reason. Pence's remarks were based upon what Flynn told him.

Susan Rice went on national television and repeated Pantsuit Buddha's video lie.

Flynn did the honorable thing. Too bad we couldn't say the same thing about Pantsuit.

Interesting take on this was mentioned by someone. It seems that in the effort to find dirt on the incoming Trump administration, that it is possible that the Obama administration ordered illegal wiretapping of Flynn and other members of the new administration.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
It's a shame that the honorable thing is getting the administration excoriated by the limp-wristed snowflakes who wouldn't know what honor is in the first place. Too bad the previous administration had no one willing to be accountable. Here is accountability and transparency on display not seen in Washington for at least thirty years. God bless him and his and thank him for his dedication to service and our great nation. Hopefully this will be the model for politicians in the future.

If the Obama administration ordered warrantless wiretapping by the NSA of an incoming administration or wiretapping/surveillance of a private citizen without a court order, in an effort to dig up dirt on the new administration then, Sally Yates and probably Loretta Lynch and James Clapper have a whole lot of 'splainin to do.

There is legal wiretapping options available, it will be in the best interest of the previous administration that they exercised their legal options. If not, what Flynn did or didn't discuss is going to be baby shit.

Golly gee Batman, Flynn ended up shady and corrupt. Nobody could ever have seen that coming. :rolleyes: I mean it's not like he has had past shady dealing or been reprimanded in the past or anything. Nosiree bob. The way Trump vetted all the people around him and how he's an upstanding human being of the highest order himself I don't know how it's possible anybody in the administration could be anything other than on the up and up. But...don't let this get you down all you Trump faithful troopers out there. I mean, Trump is smarter than all the generals out there so he never needed him anyhow.

Interesting take on this was mentioned by someone. It seems that in the effort to find dirt on the incoming Trump administration, that it is possible that the Obama administration ordered illegal wiretapping of Flynn and other members of the new administration.

It's a shame that the honorable thing is getting the administration excoriated by the limp-wristed snowflakes who wouldn't know what honor is in the first place. Too bad the previous administration had no one willing to be accountable. Here is accountability and transparency on display not seen in Washington for at least thirty years. God bless him and his and thank him for his dedication to service and our great nation. Hopefully this will be the model for politicians in the future.

I got to say the two of you's hardcore and fanatical dedication to Whataboutism would put even the most devoted Soviet era agents to shame, most little kids also, considering the psychology of them if one pays attention. I got to admire the the lengths some people have to go to to obfuscate, divert, and blame others when heat is brought on one's side. It's kind of an interesting case study in how the mind of some within humanity works.

I also like the way some people try to turn what is so blatantly a negative into a positive no matter how much it goes against sanity, or how much somebody could have seen a negative event coming given past history. Like you could fool anybody that isn't an idiot. I mean true, you are probably lying to yourselves as much or more than anybody else here, and I kind of genuinely pity that, but my sympathy only runs so far. Let me guess though, you are also one of those people that really thinks Trump is a genius and a great businessman because he lost almost a billion dollars in one year.

Fake news

Golly gee Batman, Flynn ended up shady and corrupt. Nobody could ever have seen that coming. :rolleyes: I mean it's not like he has had past shady dealing or been reprimanded in the past or anything. Nosiree bob. The way Trump vetted all the people around him and how he's an upstanding human being of the highest order himself I don't know how it's possible anybody in the administration could be anything other than on the up and up. But...don't let this get you down all you Trump faithful troopers out there. I mean, Trump is smarter than all the generals out there so he never needed him anyhow.

I got to say the two of you's hardcore and fanatical dedication to Whataboutism would put even the most devoted Soviet era agents to shame, most little kids also, considering the psychology of them if one pays attention. I got to admire the the lengths some people have to go to to obfuscate, divert, and blame others when heat is brought on one's side. It's kind of an interesting case study in how the mind of some within humanity works.

I also like the way some people try to turn what is so blatantly a negative into a positive no matter how much it goes against sanity, or how much somebody could have seen a negative event coming given past history. Like you could fool anybody that isn't an idiot. I mean true, you are probably lying to yourselves as much or more than anybody else here, and I kind of genuinely pity that, but my sympathy only runs so far. Let me guess though, you are also one of those people that really thinks Trump is a genius and a great businessman because he lost almost a billion dollars in one year.
Let's something straight assclown..Gen.Michael Flynn actually DID serve his country with honor and distinction. He hasn't broken any laws he has never gone AWOL and he never caused his fellow soldiers to die because they had to go on a wild goose chase to try and find him . You know, since we are turning a negative into a positive.

Now while Flynn resigning isn't what I would like to have seen, he did it not because of his phone call, but for lying to the vice president. God only help us if he had contacted the Russian ambassador by email and they suddenly went missing.

Now turning another negative into a positive,the NSA and CIA can eavesdrop on foreign nationals and diplomats all they want. What they CAN'T do is to continue to investigate a U.S. citizen through wiretapping or eavesdropping on their conversations without a FISA court order.
Once Flynn's conduct became questionable and if he becomes a subject of investigation at that point you must seek a court order to continue. These are Obama's rules. He supposedly discontinued warrantless wiretapping, the fact that this was probably uncovered due to political espionage makes it even more delicious. BTW, the Patriot Act and the subsequent amendments will not cover their asses.

So yes, I believe I know where this is heading and the story a month from now is not going to be Trump's involvement, but rather who in the Obama administration ordered the eavesdropping and ultimately did Obama order it.

So this isn't some wishful thinking, this was an investigation happening under the previous administration and was investigating a private citizen. Officials better be able to produce court orders or warrants or their lives just got a whole lot more complicated.

The schadenboners just keep on coming

Fake news

$1000

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
A lot of things that could have happened. Watching Spicer today I get a strong impression it was something we'll probably never really know.
I do believe from things I've heard over the years not all from the MSM that Flynn is pretty much a jerkoff personality wise.
Probably something happened behind closed doors between him and Trump or Pence.

Good riddance. Now he can join his whack job son tweeting about pizzagate.
General Barry McCaffery, who initially supported Flynn for the position, reacted to Flynn's subsequent tweets regarding Clinton as "borderline demented".

So yes, I believe I know where this is heading and the story a month from now is not going to be Trump's involvement, but rather who in the Obama administration ordered the eavesdropping and ultimately did Obama order it.

Or things might turn the exact opposite direction. This Russian connection thing has become way beyond intriguing.
First we have Trump exchanging love notes with Putin. Then we have Trump in 2013 stating unequivocally that he has a relationship with Putin, only to deny he has ever had one with him in 2016. Then we have Mannafort canned for his Russian connections. Then we have the Russian parliament celebrating and congratulating each other upon news of Trump's victory. Then we have the CIA and FBI agreeing that Putin and Russia meddled in the election, to Trump's advantage. Then we have Putin uncharacteristically not responding to subsequent Obama sanctions in an aggressive or retributive fashion, like a man who was confident they'd be going away soon. Now we have Flynn discussing those sanctions with a Russian ambassador prior to the Trump administration taking over. As y'all may have noticed I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this molehill just keeps growing.

And if Flynn was making gestures regarding the sanctions to a Russian official, which appears highly likely, it's kind of hard to imagine he was making them without the approval of his boss.
Double double, toil and trouble.

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you

I do wonder who is genuinely surprised.

The phrase you're looking for is "useful idiot". A devotee who consumes a narrative uncritically and attempts to propagate it. There's good reason I've got those two on ignore. I tried the reason and debate route and it was clear very quickly it wasn't happening.

General Barry McCaffery, who initially supported Flynn for the position, reacted to Flynn's subsequent tweets regarding Clinton as "borderline demented".
One down!

Or things might turn the exact opposite direction. This Russian connection thing has become way beyond intriguing.
First we have Trump exchanging love notes with Putin. Then we have Trump in 2013 stating unequivocally that he has a relationship with Putin, only to deny he has ever had one with him in 2016. Then we have Mannafort canned for his Russian connections. Then we have the Russian parliament celebrating and congratulating each other upon news of Trump's victory. Then we have the CIA and FBI agreeing that Putin and Russia meddled in the election, to Trump's advantage. Then we have Putin uncharacteristically not responding to subsequent Obama sanctions in an aggressive or retributive fashion, like a man who was confident they'd be going away soon. Now we have Flynn discussing those sanctions with a Russian ambassador prior to the Trump administration taking over. As y'all may have noticed I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this molehill just keeps growing.

And if Flynn was making gestures regarding the sanctions to a Russian official, which appears highly likely, it's kind of hard to imagine he was making them without the approval of his boss.
I've been particularly...amused is the wrong word, but I'm blanking on something better...as to how the two parties flipped on Russia to suit their political needs. Not surprised, mind, though I do wonder at all those people who cried that no Republicans would ever vote for Sanders because he's the S-word, yet now they're embracing red mother Russia with open arms. Hmm.

Oh Jesus H. Christ!.
Trump did have a relationship with Putin. It was called trying to do business there. Just like he had relationships with other leaders all over the world.

My initial reaction is holding true. This is quickly becoming more about leaks and the potential illegal eavesdropping than it is about Flynn's conversation with the Russian ambassador. Unless Flynn lied to the FBI, no laws were broken. OTOH, if these leaks were released to the press and transcripts made from intelligence reports, somebody is going to jail, and they aren't from team Trump.

BTW.. I know this is killing them to do it.but even the NYT has reversed their claim of Trump campaign contact with Russian officials.

I look forward to the investigation. In my line of work,when I get this warm and fuzzy feeling about the investigative and discovery process, I always end up on the winning end. I have yet to be wrong.

This is heading in a direction that the left is not going to like 2 months from now.

The phrase you're looking for is "useful idiot". A devotee who consumes a narrative uncritically and attempts to propagate it. There's good reason I've got those two on ignore. I tried the reason and debate route and it was clear very quickly it wasn't happening.

:1orglaugh

Translation: He was consistently pummeled during his exchanges, so he took his toys and went home.

You possess all the debating skills of a sock puppet.

There is a whole new breed of useful idiots ( using your definition) lining up as I write this. The Trump administration is not the one that should be worried. :)

Now if you hurry, you might have time to catch up with your buddies in the line right over there reserved for the "smart people".
Hahaha