• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Doctor Who

Who Is Your Favourite Doctor Who?

• William Hartnell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patrick Troughton

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Jon Pertwee

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Tom Baker

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Peter Davison

• Colin Baker

• Sylvester McCoy

• Paul McGann

• Christopher Eccleston

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • David Tennant

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Matt Smith

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
P.S. A minor request to the Moderators and/or Administrators of Freeones, can you please merge the other Doctor Who thread of the same name and keep the poll in place, as I tried to create a poll on that other thread but got timed out due to slow typing?

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Does anyone know who the 12th doctor will be? I heard it might be a female.

I personally cannot stand Doctor Who, one of my pet peeves is bad sci fi and I consider DW to be among the worst. But for it's flaws it has its die hard fans and they would never accept a woman playing the Doctor. Look at the new Star Trek movies, I cannot stand them because I consider myself a purist when it comes to Trek so I will not accept anything that takes what I know and love and takes a massive dump on it. Look at the last Bond movie and the talk that followed around making bond gay or black because "it's time they had a turn" - No, fuck off plain and simple.

You cannot take established characters and change them to suit political correctness or to give someone else a try. I realise the character of the Doctor has the unique ability to change appearance, it's the ace up the sleeve that let the story survive this long. But the idea of him changing gender is insulting to even me. It's pandering, but its also a dangerous move for a show with one of the largest and strongest fan bases out there to mess with their canon.

He's changed actor three times now, or at least he will when the current actor bows out come Christmas, in such a short space of time since the reboot that I always picture that being damaging for the show as well. Didn't they have to excuse his pre-determined number of lives somewhere in the show recently to allow him to come back yet again? I get that no actor wants type cast in a role, but it shows no one wants to put in commitment either, ride the DW ride until you get enough fame and then jump ship, it hurts the show.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.

i really hope not. and i heard rumours that they were eying emma watson too. that would be terrible.. and i love that girl like crazy too.

the doctor is a dude and his companion is always a girl. that "is-it-love" tension and mystery is part of the whole attraction. making him a girl will blur the gender of him too much. he's not captain jack, after all.

Matt Smith is the 12th, because it's already been established through the last finale that John Hurt will be playing a previously unseen incarnation of the Doctor, making Smith the 12th.

And the next Doctor probably can't be a woman, since Matt Smith is the 12th, with 13 total regenerations (that hasn't been conclusively circumvented onscreen yet) that leaves the next regeneration the one that spawns the Valeyard through some means. Assuming some form of meta-crisis that would indicate that the 13th Doctor would have to be a man, since he'd be the mirror of the Valeyard.

The Doctor can, however, be a woman. If not The 12th incarnation wouldn't have been thinking he was a woman when he'd initially regenerated. Obviously it's possible.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I don't know his name. The one who had Rose/Billie Piper as his companion. I watched most of those episodes just because I'd never heard of the show before, it was campy in a 60's kind of way and I thought Billie Piper was kind of cute - something about her pronounced overbite. Then she (apparently) got her teeth fixed and she seemed to have trouble talking after that. I never really watched it again after that.

I don't know his name. The one who had Rose/Billie Piper as his companion. I watched most of those episodes just because I'd never heard of the show before, it was campy in a 60's kind of way and I thought Billie Piper was kind of cute - something about her pronounced overbite. Then she (apparently) got her teeth fixed and she seemed to have trouble talking after that. I never really watched it again after that.

Christopher Eccleston.

My "first" Doctor was Tom Baker, but catching up throughout the years, I've grown to really enjoy Jon Pertwee's "Man-of-Action" Doctor. But it was the Eccleston/Davies relaunch that it really put its hooks in.

I personally cannot stand Doctor Who, one of my pet peeves is bad sci fi and I consider DW to be among the worst.

That's a far comment. Many of its stories were protracted and lengthy, and hampered with poor production values. Conversely though, to me, many current episodes feel too manic.

And, THANK YOU, Ms. Max: I now have to dig around FO's links in hopes it's part of a gallery.

You need to watch Secret Diary Of A Call Girl.

Simplest explanation would be he's the Time War Doctor, which I personally think is a missed opportunity to use McGann.

John Hurt is pretty obviously going to be the Time War Doctor, which would place him between McGann and Eccleston. It's made pretty obvious by the fact that it's been pretty well publicized that Hurt was a second choice. They tried to get Eccleston back, but he refused. This made news since it was an obvious question to ask why he wouldn't be back when it's been so well publicized that Tennant is returning.

I've only been around for the last 3 doctors, but I love the show and am waiting for Netflix to get their shit together and put the latest season up. Of the three I've seen, Smith is my favorite. He just seems like a more natural fit for the role. I also think Eccleston deserves more credit. He had a certain brand of whimsy and it's what got me hooked on the series.

BlkHawk

Closed Account
Tennant for the new ones and Davison for the old ones, he was the first Doctor I ever saw. Which is kind of odd since Davison's daughter played the Doctor's daughter, to Tennants Doctor. Now Tennant is married to Davison's daughter I believe.

Last edited: